Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air: R/T JFK - Frankfurt $1999 NON-STOP

Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime

Killer deal on one of the best biz classes in the sky.

And valid from October 2017-June 2018!

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...SQ26;sc=b;a=SQ

Also valid on Lufthansa and United but what's the point since they're partners and Singapore Air clearly a better hard and soft product.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Wow it is a killer deal. Thanks for posting. When I see this kind of deals, I question the value of loyalty to Delta. Better to fly whichever airlines gives the best deal and service

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Killer deal on one of the best biz classes in the sky.

And valid from October 2017-June 2018!

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...SQ26;sc=b;a=SQ

Also valid on Lufthansa and United but what's the point since they're partners and Singapore Air clearly a better hard and soft product.
woody125 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
They are flying to Kentucky now? :-P
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by N1120A
They are flying to Kentucky now? :-P
Must be a charter. Man, I'd hate to see a 380 try to land on a 5,900 ft runway...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Centurion AmEx
Boom. Thanks so much. Took advantage of this!!
ATLConsultant likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:01 pm

Idiotic question... I'm out of AUS but since this is a great fare for Xmas time, I'm considering a positioning flight. Normally I'd position the day before but I've learned how awful NYC is getting into and out of the city. If I buy a separate *A connecting flight (different PNR), is there any way to merge them post purchase so I'm protected on a misconnect (assuming I'm honoring the MCTs)?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Idiotic question... I'm out of AUS but since this is a great fare for Xmas time, I'm considering a positioning flight. Normally I'd position the day before but I've learned how awful NYC is getting into and out of the city. If I buy a separate *A connecting flight (different PNR), is there any way to merge them post purchase so I'm protected on a misconnect (assuming I'm honoring the MCTs)?
Well there are no *A carriers in North America that will take you AUS-JFK, given that UA and AC pulled out of JFK. Moreover, I'm not sure which Christmas period you're looking into, but this fare isn't available for a good amount of Dec/Jan.

Code:
TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 09DEC 17 THROUGH 08JAN 18 FOR
  DEPARTURE OF EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Well there are no *A carriers in North America that will take you AUS-JFK, given that UA and AC pulled out of JFK. Moreover, I'm not sure which Christmas period you're looking into, but this fare isn't available for a good amount of Dec/Jan.

Code:
TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 09DEC 17 THROUGH 08JAN 18 FOR
  DEPARTURE OF EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
It is available w/ UA and LH out of JFK and EWR.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-01-02;sc=b

Additionally, Delta is matching.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Unfortunately not. You can't merge PNRs or bookings on separate tickets after purchase.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Also available in reverse FRA-JFK for similar price https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#fl...57*.GBP.164257
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
not new at all. This has been around for ages. Plenty of threads if you search
Barkinpark and RichardInSF like this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Why would anyone fly UL when SQ is miles ahead in quality of product and customer service and quality of it's cabin crew's/flight attendents?
ATLConsultant likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by wolf72
Why would anyone fly UL when SQ is miles ahead in quality of product and customer service and quality of it's cabin crew's/flight attendents?
While I agree with you completely, wouldn't it be advantageous to have US metal and stock to maximize MP dollars/elite miles earning?

I don't know, I'm actually asking.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by notsosmart
While I agree with you completely, wouldn't it be advantageous to have US metal and stock to maximize MP dollars/elite miles earning?

I don't know, I'm actually asking.
I guess but for me, as this is potentially a one off trip to europe and back, I'd take SQ anyday.

Knowing I could rake up miles on UA flights domestic and future international flights later in the year.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by wolf72
Why would anyone fly UL
Probably because they have more direct flights to Sri Lanka. I love their cabin crew.... and tea service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.