Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico:YYZ_EZE $1731 CAD return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico:YYZ_EZE $1731 CAD return

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
Originally Posted by angra
I've booked one of these already and considering another, but I'd like to visit another city. This is a question that's maybe beyond scope of just this deal but anyone have advice on turning this into an open jaw or adding segments without blowing up the price? I'm trying to fully grok the fare rules, but there's a lot of terminology I haven't gotten yet.
I'm learning all this terminology too, can you explain what open jaw is? Also interested in what you find as I booked one of these in mid-February and wan't to book another. Would be great to get even more mileage out of it.

On a somewhat separate note, I've been waiting for a sale on YYZ-MEX-NRT. Right now the lowest I've seen is $2700. Toronto looks to be one of the only destinations in US/Canada that you can fly this route. I calculated this and it should give you just over 36K MQMs and 7260 MQDs.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
open jaw is instead of flying A-B; B-A you fly either (A-B;C-A) or (A-B;B-C) the cities with the disconnected segment have to be closer together than the shorter of the 2 segments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-jaw_ticket
mtu_flyer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by angra
I've booked one of these already and considering another, but I'd like to visit another city. This is a question that's maybe beyond scope of just this deal but anyone have advice on turning this into an open jaw or adding segments without blowing up the price? I'm trying to fully grok the fare rules, but there's a lot of terminology I haven't gotten yet.
If you just need miles and don't really need to go to South America again I would just wait and be ready to act when AM has more sales like these

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...1-000-ish.html (JFK - $1100, DTW - $1400, MCO - $1000, SEA - $1600)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...im-623-rt.html (ORD - $605) - this one is around 3 cpm with Delta, forget about cattle class.

Current deals from Canada to Central America are decent but by no mean mileage run worthy when you could go all the way down to Peru for almost the same cost with mileage doubled, for the fact that AM and DL are in joint venture so you get at least double the miles on top of it.

Back to topic: I'm seeing as low as $1543 USD ($1921 CAD) from Flight Network, usual caveat and caution apply.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 17, 2018 at 9:47 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:41 pm

Thanks, can't believe I missed that US-SCL, that would be perfect. I mostly need MQD, but I like to see someplace new when I do a run.
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:57 am

For those who booked this, check your itins. My MEX-EZE leg was cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.