Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico:YYZ_EZE $1731 CAD return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico:YYZ_EZE $1731 CAD return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Starting the trip on thursday... I ordered a special meal, so maybe those are better??? I'm just glad to not be flying in Y, so will appreciate the extra space and maybe even a nap.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:28 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by arkangel
In reviewing my reservation, I just noticed that the fare basis code begins with "T", and not "I" as I thought! I am seated in business, and know that when I booked it on their website I selected Confort(I, D), not Clasica(T, etc.), a coach fare which was, of course, less expensive.

When I called AM for an explanation, the agent could only tell me that, indeed, I am seated in first/business class but the fare is a coach fare for which, according to DL, I'll earn only 100% MQMs, and not the 150% that I was counting on.

Has anyone else who booked one of these discount "J" fares in late August experienced this "conundrum?"
BTW I can confirm I received 150% MQMs with Delta as expected.

The flights did not post with Delta automatically for whatever reason, so make sure you save your boarding passes. Delta requests a copy of boarding passes and a copy of your booking confirmation/receipt to post partner flights -- to be safe, I would recommend submitting a form of receipt that does not list the full 6-character fare basis code, which could potentially put the MQM bonus at risk. I had booked the flights through Orbitz (because the particular connection I wanted didn't show on Aeromexico.com) and the receipt from Orbitz did the trick. (The boarding passes and single-letter fare class on my Orbitz receipt correctly showed the "effective" fare classes D and I, even though the first letters of the fare basis codes for my trip were some other coach fare class.)
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Unfortunately, perhaps, and not too much before you posted this caveat, I faxed a copy of my eticket receipt to Delta which does, indeed, show the TRLUPI fare basis code. However, I also sent a copy of my Amex statement showing the fare as "I" class, and the boarding passes which also show this as well. So, we'll see...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by arkangel
Unfortunately, perhaps, and not too much before you posted this caveat, I faxed a copy of my eticket receipt to Delta which does, indeed, show the TRLUPI fare basis code. However, I also sent a copy of my Amex statement showing the fare as "I" class, and the boarding passes which also show this as well. So, we'll see...
If they don't post with the 50% MQMs I think you have a pretty solid case to ask them to re-review it based on the boarding passes showing the I fare class. Hopefully they handle that correctly in the first place. Good luck.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the online mileage request form, and included copies of the boarding passes, which all showed I class. (YYZ-MEX-EZE-MEX-YYZ).
Posted 3 days later, with class and status bonuses: 19798 MQM, $3960 MQD, and 35635 RDM.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Dia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ULDB65
I used the online mileage request form, and included copies of the boarding passes, which all showed I class. (YYZ-MEX-EZE-MEX-YYZ).
Posted 3 days later, with class and status bonuses: 19798 MQM, $3960 MQD, and 35635 RDM.
Just wondering why you only received $3960 MQD according to the chart for I class should have received 30% of miles flown for MQD which would = $5939 unless I am missing something?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by yasmas
Just wondering why you only received $3960 MQD according to the chart for I class should have received 30% of miles flown for MQD which would = $5939 unless I am missing something?
MDQ would be on miles flown as you mention but your calculation appears to be on MQM which includes cabin bonus.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mcgahat
MDQ would be on miles flown as you mention but your calculation appears to be on MQM which includes cabin bonus.
Correct. Actual miles flown (base miles) was 13198, thus 30% MQD=$3960.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
AM just started another sale to EZE from YYZ (not SCL).

This time, it's a bit more for $2000 CAD ($1600 USD). Still a good deal since the next cheapest is UA for more than $3200 USD, CM excluded since it's recliners all the way. Offer ends Jan 31st, same blackout dates around Easter just like their current Canada - Central America deal.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
Originally Posted by vincewy

This time, it's a bit more for $2000 CAD ($1600 USD). Still a good deal since the next cheapest is UA for more than $3200 USD, CM excluded since it's recliners all the way. Offer ends Jan 31st, same blackout dates around Easter just like their current Canada - Central America deal.
Which Central America deal do they have?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by mtu_flyer
Which Central America deal do they have?
Without hijacking this thread too much, check it here

AM:YVR/YYZ/YUL-GUA J from $640 book by Jan 31st

Nothing special really, the only deal that I would consider mileage run worthy is YVR-PTY, AM just extended the deal until end of Jan.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
Originally Posted by vincewy

What do you mean by CM excluded?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by mtu_flyer
What do you mean by CM excluded?
When I shop for J fares from USA/Canada to deep South America or Europe, I immediately exclude all options from TS, CM, FI, and RV since I don't consider those as truly business class but as premium economy instead. As we speak, CM just matched AM's offer from YYZ to EZE for $1500 USD ($1850 CAD), to me it's not even worth it for mileage runs.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:36 pm

Makes sense! I'm going to book one of these to EZE on AM. Still a pretty good deal for mileage run I think.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I've booked one of these already and considering another, but I'd like to visit another city. This is a question that's maybe beyond scope of just this deal but anyone have advice on turning this into an open jaw or adding segments without blowing up the price? I'm trying to fully grok the fare rules, but there's a lot of terminology I haven't gotten yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.