Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM:YVR/YYZ/YUL-GUA J from $640 book by Jan 31st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R

Not earth shattering deal like previous LAX-LIM by AM in terms of cpm but this is the cheapest to Central America (especially YVR) at the moment, usually starting at $1000 even from Southern US.

Another advantage with GUA is AM goes there 3-4 times daily so you can create stops in MEX for almost 24 hours without increasing the fares.

From YVR,YYZ, and YUL, one can create 4 segment multi-city trip (AM doesn't give you such options), use Expedia's Multi-City instead to force long layovers in MEX.

Also in the mix, YVR/YUL/YYZ - PTY from $732 (YVR) which will yield the lowest cpm if that matters, same offer expiring Jan 31st.

Update: AM has extended the sale until Jan 31st with blackout dates -

TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 23MAR 18 THROUGH 10APR 18.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 15, 2018 at 5:37 pm Reason: Sale extended
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Alaska
your link is expired :/ what were the sample dates that give $640 from YVR?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Per fare rules pretty much everyday, I just checked June 30th - July 7th on Expedia and it comes up easily, since it expires tonight midnight I suppose it's the local time (now extended until Jan 31st).

You can also book on Delta too. I reason I used AM as example, you can see major sites around Mexico City without creating stopover, in my first post's example. You need to create 4 segments on Expedia's multi-city booking to make it work

YYZ-MEX AM693
MEX-GUA AM670 (next day)
GUA-MEX AM679
MEX-YYZ AM692 (next day)

Outbound - AM693 arrives at 1pm, enough time to get to National Museum of Anthropology.
Return - AM679 arrives at night, stay near airport, and go to Pyramid of the Sun next morning, more than enough time to catch AM692 in the evening.

You can also make this work with Vancouver and Montreal since they're flying twice dailies.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 15, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Alaska
got it. thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by matchamacaron
your link is expired :/ what were the sample dates that give $640 from YVR?
It's available almost every day in Jan/Feb/Mar (didn't check beyond that). There appears to be no min/max stay so if you want you can go and come straight back.

You will have to be quick though as the fare expires on 14 January.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Also from YVR it's a better deal than from YYZ/YUL; there're AV and CM deals at the moment for around $550-$700 from ORD, EWR, and YUL if I don't mind skipping MEX and need *A miles. All options here are in 737s and A320s so no lieflat seats.

From YVR, it's usually at least $1200, the same way AM's current $2200 CDG deal, from YYZ/YUL not great but from YVR it's much cheaper than the rest of the options.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 15, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.