Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31
Sorry just saw your message.
Yes there are many dates available, it goes all the way in 2018.
I booked 2 of these fares so far.

Also I used AARP discount and each ticket is for $1656.19 and paid with AMEX Plat for another 5% MR points.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:18 pm

Guys, do you know if this deal is still on?

I am able to get sub $2000.00 fares from JFK to MLE, but the transpacific leg are in Premium Economy and the HKG-MLE-HKG is quoting in R fare in the HKG-MLE leg and B on the MLE-HKG.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by geoshina
Guys, do you know if this deal is still on?

I am able to get sub $2000.00 fares from JFK to MLE, but the transpacific leg are in Premium Economy and the HKG-MLE-HKG is quoting in R fare in the HKG-MLE leg and B on the MLE-HKG.
if I class is sold out, then it will be booked into R and B.
geoshina likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Is this still alive?

Looking to spend up to $2000 to renew EXP.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:08 pm

The PE routes are still alive - but I could not find any segments in J. For mileage/qual the PE is all you need.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I got my ticket booked and was able to get the IAP discount. The reason the pricing was all over the map (with fares of up to $8000 on Amex) was my original itinerary was not bookable even though it was showing up on ITA and Priceline. When I clicked through to purchase last night, it timed out. So I kept playing with cities/dates and had to go right through the booking process at Priceline to find out what would work. I booked and canceled 2 tickets.

Anyhow, once I found an itinerary that worked, I called Amex and they were able to book it for me. Priceline price was $1951. Amex quoted me $1704 + $39 booking fee (so $208 savings). This is what I ended up with:

JFK-YVR CX889 biz class
YVR-HKG CX859 PE
HKG-MLE CX601 biz class
MLE-HKG CX602 biz class
HKG-YVR CX838 PE
YVR-JFK CX888 biz class

I've initiated a transfer of points to my Asia Miles account and will attempt to upgrade the 2 PE segments for 20K pts each.

I expect to earn:

35,400 EQMs
$5,269 EQDs
54,700 RDMs *

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions! ^

* Updated per information provided below.
Completed my CX run to MLE yesterday. I used 30K Asia Miles and both of my upgrades YVR-HKG and HKG-YVR cleared. No issues with getting both of those flights to post to my AA account either. I have now requalified for Exec Plat until Jan 2019! Final numbers were as follows:

35,452 EQMs
$5,272 EQDs
54,712 RDMs

Thank you all for the invaluable help in making this happen! ^
tomsam, jumbooze and tasty_chicken like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Completed my CX run to MLE yesterday. I used 30K Asia Miles and both of my upgrades YVR-HKG and HKG-YVR cleared. No issues with getting both of those flights to post to my AA account either. I have now requalified for Exec Plat until Jan 2019! Final numbers were as follows:

35,452 EQMs
$5,272 EQDs
54,712 RDMs

Congrats!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite

35,452 EQMs
$5,272 EQDs
54,712 RDMs

That's a fantastic return on what you paid. Bravo.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I snagged one of these (before I saw this thread - took me quite a bit to find it!) as I'm trying to requal for EXP. I paid slightly more (I pulled the trigger 2 days ago on 2 - wife and me) but it's for Dec 18. I was able to snag 3 Biz segments.
I did some calculations:
I am not coming up with quite the same returns but even at the higher price, I'm pretty happy about it. It actually brings the wife to within 10k EQMs of Exp (this is someone who 3 years ago had never been on a plane)..
GCM for the distance(s), AA.com for the CX earnings chart, and Google Sheets for the math.

I saw some folks had some trouble booking this. It was challenging. I spent a lot of hours trying to find it. I could get 1, not 2, though EF, ITA, and GF all showed >=3 available on various segments/days. EWR-HKG-MLE-HKG-EWR and JFK-HKG-MLE-EWR were both available with and without the YVR stop (another $7 for me as wife needs a Canadian transit eta).
Finally, the trick was to book them 1 at a time. This doesn't make me too happy as the wife gets TSA Precheck when she flies on the same PNR. Otherwise, no go. There are other issues with it but it was worth saving $3K.
I finally was able to book it via Hipmunk ->Priceline. the CX site was showing fares of >$6K USD per trip.
3 legs in Biz (though of course not the long hauls). I'll live for this kind of bump plus a few days there.

Now I've got to go figure out what to do/how to navigate when we get to the Maldives. Another 2 days of my life gone ...
There were available shorter trips but we figured we're going all that way we'll stay and play a bit. I still see some for the end of the year.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:29 pm

I am getting a fare of USD 2,455.46 for this itinerary; what am I I doing wrong?

JFK (E/PE) HKG (I/Business) MLE (E/PE) HKG (E/PE) JFK

Last edited by puchong; Dec 11, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just based on GF, looks like fare went up for early 2018. Drops below 2k later in year
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
I am getting a fare of USD 2,455.46 for this itinerary; what am I I doing wrong?

JFK (E/PE) HKG (I/Business) MLE (E/PE) HKG (E/PE) JFK
seasonal restriction.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:31 pm

I've just found and read this great thread, and I'm wondering if I can swing a run ORD-MLE in January to make a dent in 2018's push for status. I've tried using GF and CX to configure the run, based on what I've seen here, but I can't seem to get it to route through YVR to get the extra punch. And I'm also not seeing the short segments booking into J, as many have mentioned here. Were these date dependent, valid only around the time of the OP? Also, spouse has a corporate Amex card. Can that be used to get me the IAP discount, or is that also expired? Trying to play catch-up here, so apologies if I'm asking the obvious. TIA
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by melrowgo
I've just found and read this great thread, and I'm wondering if I can swing a run ORD-MLE in January to make a dent in 2018's push for status. I've tried using GF and CX to configure the run, based on what I've seen here, but I can't seem to get it to route through YVR to get the extra punch. And I'm also not seeing the short segments booking into J, as many have mentioned here. Were these date dependent, valid only around the time of the OP? Also, spouse has a corporate Amex card. Can that be used to get me the IAP discount, or is that also expired? Trying to play catch-up here, so apologies if I'm asking the obvious. TIA
The fare expires on Dec 25. No such fare on Jan.
CX does not fly ORD YVR.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
The fare expires on Dec 25. No such fare on Jan.
Well, crap.

Originally Posted by pbd456
CX does not fly ORD YVR.
Figured that portion might be AA.

Thanks @pbd456

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.