Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deals in Premium Economy - 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deals in Premium Economy - 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Weeelegs
The Holy Grail of PE travel???

MAD or BCN to CTU out 11 Sept, back 16th, €772 minus €60 = €712 (£570!!!)

Just the small problem of a visa in the way!!!
There are much better deals in this thread.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skunker

The Holy Grail of PE travel???

MAD or BCN to CTU out 11 Sept, back 16th, €772 minus €60 = €712 (£570!!!)

Just the small problem of a visa in the way!!!
There are much better deals in this thread.
No need to dismiss a good deal. I couldn't find anything better than €772 to China in Y+ on OW carriers.

Given BA direct LHR-CTU in Y is not much less than €772 and you get extra 110TPs in Y+, I think this is pretty amazing deal because MAD and BCN are very easy to reach from UK and you can take a hop from CTU to some destinations in that part of the world. You can also take advantage of the 72 hour TWOV at CTU if you don't fancy pay for a visitor VISA. BTW, Chengdu is a very interesting city and there are lots of nice places in Sichuan province.

Another point is that LHR-CTU legs can be UuA-ed relatively easily given the low load on the route.

Thanks Weeelegs for posting this^
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by hawklx
No need to dismiss a good deal. I couldn't find anything better than €772 to China in Y+ on OW carriers.

Given BA direct LHR-CTU in Y is not much less than €772 and you get extra 110TPs in Y+, I think this is pretty amazing deal because MAD and BCN are very easy to reach from UK and you can take a hop from CTU to some destinations in that part of the world. You can also take advantage of the 72 hour TWOV at CTU if you don't fancy pay for a visitor VISA. BTW, Chengdu is a very interesting city and there are lots of nice places in Sichuan province.

Another point is that LHR-CTU legs can be UuA-ed relatively easily given the low load on the route.

Thanks Weeelegs for posting this^
I didn't dismiss the deal, just his comment about it being the the Holy Grail of PE travel. I didn't know the Holy Grail had to be Europe to China. From a mileage run basis there are several better deals in this thread on OW. Is this deal the best Europe to China in PE on OW metal, probably, but it's not the best PE deal out there.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, HH Gold
I didn't say it WAS the Holy Grail of PE and certainly an EU to Asia isn't to my mind. I was basing it purely on a pence per mile basis. 26k as a OW Emerald for £570 on BA metal, 2 ppm!! PE is never gonna earn big TPs. Forgive me for being excited!

Seems on here there are many who are quick to put others right on their lack of knowledge; you know, the ones who carry their silver or gold cards on their rucksacks because they are incredibly important. Time to go back to being an anonymous FF!!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was basing it purely on a pence per mile basis. 26k as a OW Emerald for £570 on BA metal, 2 ppm!! PE is never gonna earn big TPs. Forgive me for being excited!
Thanks for your contribution Weeelegs. Good fare.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:10 pm

I didn't say it WAS the Holy Grail of PE and certainly an EU to Asia isn't to my mind. I was basing it purely on a pence per mile basis. 26k as a OW Emerald for £570 on BA metal, 2 ppm!! PE is never gonna earn big TPs. Forgive me for being excited!

Seems on here there are many who are quick to put others right on their lack of knowledge; you know, the ones who carry their silver or gold cards on their rucksacks because they are incredibly important. Time to go back to being an anonymous FF!!
No need to go anonymous; I did say it was a good deal. But, you did in fact say it ASK if it was the Holy Grail of PE travel. I just commented that there were better deals.
For example: DXB-JFK r/t on CX in PE is £912. Credit to AA and it is 1.8 pence pm and 35,268 EQP. It earns crap on BA, so to each their own.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Time to go back to being an anonymous FF!!
One of the depressing thing about this thread is the readiness of contributors to piss on the posts of others. Don't be disheartened, your contribution is much appreciated.

My only quibble with your original post is the use of a three-letter code for a less well known airport. Even I had to google it , taking thirty seconds off my FT browsing budget.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
(CTU) Chengdu Arpt Chengdu, CN

(CTU)
Chengdu Arpt
Chengdu, CN

It is 5th biggest in mainland China, and within the top 50 in the world in terms of passenger traffic.

Weeelegs, please take heart and keep posting. Even when I take heat for something, I usually learn something new.

And there probably are even more out there that appreciate than happen to post a "thank you".

Romelle

PS - my home airport probably isn't well known to many either. MFR - with two gates, although often they only need one.

Last edited by Romelle; Aug 9, 2014 at 8:41 am
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Romelle
Romelle

PS - my home airport probably isn't well known to many either. MFR - with two gates, although often they only need one.

Medford, Oregon?? I thought everybody knew that one... :-)

Eric
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Romelle
(CTU)
Chengdu Arpt
Chengdu, CN

It is 5th biggest in mainland China, and within the top 50 in the world in terms of passenger traffic.

And I'm going there, thanks to the OP! I'm hoping the 3-day visa on arrival works before i move on to Macau.

Good to see I'm not the only one Google-led to Wikipedia What you might not have caught is why it is CTU: the pre-Pinyin system of transliteration had the city as Ch'eng-tu.

As for MFR, I'm guessing you don't refer to our very own Inverness radio station, rather Rogue Valley International Medford Airport. Apparently the third busiest in Oregon.

And when BA offers super-cheap fares on its inaugural Medford service, I look forward to getting to know the place .....
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
One of the depressing thing about this thread is the readiness of contributors to piss on the posts of others. Don't be disheartened, your contribution is much appreciated.

My only quibble with your original post is the use of a three-letter code for a less well known airport. Even I had to google it , taking thirty seconds off my FT browsing budget.
I didn't piss on anything. He asked if it was the Holy Grail of PE travel, and I said there were better deals. Everyone got on their high horse defending him for no reason. The OP took his ball and went home; that's his decision.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!

As for MFR, I'm guessing you don't refer to our very own Inverness radio station, rather Rogue Valley International Medford Airport. Apparently the third busiest in Oregon.

And when BA offers super-cheap fares on its inaugural Medford service, I look forward to getting to know the place .....
Good luck with that visa. I had one cliff-hanger to Brazil. It arrived the day before my planned departure.

It would take a mega-merger or buyout for BA to get MFR, but .... it is a beautiful town in a beautiful state.

Romelle
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I'm hoping the 3-day visa on arrival works before i move on to Macau.
Just a minor quibble, it's Transit WithOut Visa

See TWOV thread in China forum.

And it's the departing airport you need to worry about, not China. There have been reports of folks being denied boarding due to uninformed agents
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
BA from India to US approx $1,000 OW & $1,700 RT depending on origin & destination cities.

Also CMB-LGW/ & on to some Europe Cities approx $650/$750 OW
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Thanks Skunk. That's a heck of a lot of EQP's!!!

Itinerary Details
Date Flight Operated By Departure Arrival Stop Duration Aircraft Booking Cabin Rules
21 Sep 2014 CX738
Cathay Pacific DXB 23:00 HKG 11:05 +1 0 40:00 333
Premium Economy (E)
23 Sep 2014 CX888
Cathay Pacific HKG 00:30 JFK 07:00 1 77W
Premium Economy (E)
02 Oct 2014 CX889
Cathay Pacific JFK 21:55 HKG 06:10 +2 1 39:00 77W
Premium Economy (E)
04 Oct 2014 CX731
Cathay Pacific HKG 16:30 DXB 20:55 0 333
Premium Economy (E)
Inflight entertainment (available on CX/KA serviced flights only): Dubai To Hong Kong , Hong Kong To New York , New York To Hong Kong , Hong Kong To Dubai
Fare Details
Passenger Fare Carrier Surcharges Taxes/Fees/Charges Total fare
Adult x 1 AED 3,460.00 AED 1,600.00 AED 355.00 AED 5,415.00
Hide Currency Converter Total fare AED 5,415.00

Convert to other currency for your reference: Total fare: USD 1,518.77
Fare Conditions Summary [-] Hide
Minimum stay: Dubai - New York
• No minimum stay requirement
New York - Dubai
• No minimum stay requirement
Maximum stay: New York - Dubai
• Travel must commence before: Sunday, December 21, 2014 from John F Kennedy International
Asia Miles Earned & Other FFPs
Asia Miles Total
25,820 25,820

Dubai Intl Arpt, Dubai, AE (DXB) to
Hong Kong Intl, Hong Kong, HK (HKG) to
John F Kennedy Intl, New York City, NY (JFK)
One Way Distances:
Distance 11740 miles x 2 = 23,480 *1.5 = 35,220 AA EQP's? 4.31 cpEQP Sounds good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.