Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Can we make this thread a sticky in the new Premium Deals Forum, for reference purposes?
A sticky for "not good enough for its own thread" deals? Please, no stickies!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A sticky for "not good enough for its own thread" deals? Please, no stickies!
Go back an re-read what he asked.

"[F]or reference purposes?"
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by skunker
Go back an re-read what he asked.

"[F]or reference purposes?"
That makes even less sense as a sticky. Why would anyone need to regularly refer to expired or "not good enough" deals?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:56 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Can we make this thread a sticky [...] ?
Better to include a link to it in a single "About the Premium Fare Deals sub-forum" sticky, to be created once the sub-forum rules have been established.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Sykes
As discussed above, Z is a business class booking code that is sometimes incorrectly coded as F. That is a business class fare.

The BA F fare that he references via London is legit though.
I thought Z fare is the F class redemption fare bucket on BA and AA
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:14 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Great news for the Premium Fares followers, our Community Director contacted IB about the RSS feed. IBxAnders has reset the RSS feed from every 120 minutes to every 5.

If you haven't set up an IFTTT recipe, the instructions by FTer smachiz is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23891786-post183.html

This is the recipe:
https://ifttt.com/recipes/223306-fly...m-notification

There are other configuration options that you can set like filtering certain posts and customizing the subject line or body of the message. Try the tool and see if you find it effective. I've been using it since the new forum was introduced. Now that the feed is faster it should be better than the notification from the old GDPF thead.

Pat89339
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Great news for the Premium Fares followers, our Community Director contacted IB about the RSS feed. IBxAnders has reset the RSS feed from every 120 minutes to every 5.

If you haven't set up an IFTTT recipe, the instructions by FTer smachiz is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23891786-post183.html

This is the recipe:
https://ifttt.com/recipes/223306-fly...m-notification

There are other configuration options that you can set like filtering certain posts and customizing the subject line or body of the message. Try the tool and see if you find it effective. I've been using it since the new forum was introduced. Now that the feed is faster it should be better than the notification from the old GDPF thead.

Pat89339
Mileage Run Moderator
Do you have to subscribe to the "recipe" or will the change apply to any existing RSS subscription?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Do you have to subscribe to the "recipe" or will the change apply to any existing RSS subscription?
The change in timing of the RSS feed applies to any existing RSS subscription.

Last edited by Pat89339; Nov 26, 2014 at 1:44 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:49 am

Where can you find the RSS feed link for a forum?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by MattPol
For each of the forums or sub forums you cam find them as indicated.

Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MattPol
I configured the RSS feed in my email client using the following URL

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...2&forumids=740
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by AndrewE
New York (JFK) to Oslo (OSL) - Thu, Nov 27
US Airways, Inc. New York (JFK) to London (LHR) - Thu, Nov 27
US Airways, Inc. 7156 Dep: 6:55PM Arr: 6:55AM 7h 0m Boeing 747 First (F)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS P.L.C. Layover in LHR Fri, Nov 28 3h 35m

US Airways, Inc. London (LHR) to Oslo (OSL) - Fri, Nov 28
US Airways, Inc. 7314 Dep: 10:30AM Arr: 1:40PM 2h 10m Airbus A320 Economy (Y)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS P.L.C.

Oslo (OSL) to New York (JFK) - Mon, Dec 1
US Airways, Inc. Oslo (OSL) to London (LHR) - Mon, Dec 1
US Airways, Inc. 7317 Dep: 7:20AM Arr: 9:00AM 2h 40m Airbus A319 Economy (Y)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS P.L.C. Layover in LHR 1h 35m

US Airways, Inc. London (LHR) to New York (JFK) - Mon, Dec 1
US Airways, Inc. 101 Dep: 10:35AM Arr: 1:35PM 8h 0m Boeing 777 First (F)
OPERATED BY AMERICAN AIRLINES INC.
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $1,830.80
Total cost for 1 passenger $1,830.80
A BIG shouout to AndrewE on this.

I just got back with my family on this fare. Absolutely epic vacation - top 3 for us. We basically had NORWAY to ourselves - almost no other tourists.

No problems with the flights, First Class as booked. Bonus miles (20K per person) on the dot. Strangely, class of service bonus miles posted for me, but not for my family (I'm AA PLT). I'll call in on those.

We thoroughly enjoyed BA and AA F. BA had the (slightly) better service (AA was pretty good on this flight), and much better food and CCR lounge meal. We made a 1 hour connection with Fast Track at LHR after our JFK-LHR flight was delayed taking off by over an hour. AA had the better seats for traveling with kids - I could control my 7 year old's seat easily with the remote. And the AA 77W is generations ahead of the BA system in usability and speed, let along content.

My eldest commented how fast the LHR-JFK flight was. I told him it was because he ate, then slept 4 straight hours. In retrospect, First is nice, but Business is sufficient. It's all about the flat bed! The service and food I can forgo. I'll put it this way, I'm at day 3, and none of us have jet lag - yet anyway.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
EY: DFW-BLR/HYD/BOM/DEL ~$2400 in business for travel in January or February 2015.

Found on google.com/flights and confirmed on Orbitz.com.

No mileage credit to AA for DFW-AUH segments but AUH-BLR/HYD/BOM/DEL can be credited.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by bmchris
A BIG shouout to AndrewE on this.

I just got back with my family on this fare. Absolutely epic vacation - top 3 for us. We basically had NORWAY to ourselves - almost no other tourists.

No problems with the flights, First Class as booked. Bonus miles (20K per person) on the dot. Strangely, class of service bonus miles posted for me, but not for my family (I'm AA PLT). I'll call in on those.

We thoroughly enjoyed BA and AA F. BA had the (slightly) better service (AA was pretty good on this flight), and much better food and CCR lounge meal. We made a 1 hour connection with Fast Track at LHR after our JFK-LHR flight was delayed taking off by over an hour. AA had the better seats for traveling with kids - I could control my 7 year old's seat easily with the remote. And the AA 77W is generations ahead of the BA system in usability and speed, let along content.

My eldest commented how fast the LHR-JFK flight was. I told him it was because he ate, then slept 4 straight hours. In retrospect, First is nice, but Business is sufficient. It's all about the flat bed! The service and food I can forgo. I'll put it this way, I'm at day 3, and none of us have jet lag - yet anyway.
tourist prefer Norway in the summer
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ben63
tourist prefer Norway in the summer
....and summer in Norway lasts for four to six weeks. (Sorry, OT)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.