Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
I see many amazing fares of <$2k SAN-BCN (AF/DL/KLM) several dates in 2015 on ITA and google flights but cannot replicate the cheapest ones on XP, Orbitz or any airline website (yet).
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Seeing some decent Thanksgiving fares JFK-CPH on US for $1850. Nov 28 to Nov 30. UA for $2070. BA has JFK-BCN for $1850. Looks like the T Day prices are around.

This is getting interesting. Prices even better with Nov 28 to Dec 1. UA EWR-BCN for $1800 on ITA

Last edited by FTstudent; Oct 20, 2014 at 11:25 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Night Flyer
In addition to the fare mentioned in post 3208, I'm seeing some low fares from LAX on ITA tonight to the usual recent suspects, for example LAX-BIO and LAX-MAN sub-$2K on KLM and LAX-BCN sub-$1.7K on a combination of Delta and either AZ or AF.

Sample dates June 27-July 11, I did not follow through on any airline website though.
I see the same on ITA but cannot replicate the sub-$1.7k anywhere. Easy to replicate $2100+ fares.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by FTstudent
Seeing some decent Thanksgiving fares JFK-CPH on US for $1850. Nov 28 to Nov 30. UA for $2070. BA has JFK-BCN for $1850. Looks like the T Day prices are around.
Anything from West Coast ? Can't seem to see much.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
In addition to the fare mentioned in post 3208, I'm seeing some low fares from LAX on ITA tonight to the usual recent suspects, for example LAX-BIO and LAX-MAN sub-$2K on KLM and LAX-BCN sub-$1.7K on a combination of Delta and either AZ or AF.

Sample dates June 27-July 11, I did not follow through on any airline website though.
To add to that, LAX-AGP is $2100, LAX-VLC is $2120 too.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by 1k650
Anything from West Coast ? Can't seem to see much.
Looks like the BA fares are dead (hopefully temporarily), but SkyTeam seems to be offering some deals to selected cities--Spain seems to be topping the list of destinations.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: Platinum
I'm seeing a weird "bug" on Google Flights. Looking at PDX-BCN 12/28 to 1/6; shows $1317 on Delta, but when I click on the fare, it jumps up to $2191.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by frankmu
I'm seeing a weird "bug" on Google Flights. Looking at PDX-BCN 12/28 to 1/6; shows $1317 on Delta, but when I click on the fare, it jumps up to $2191.
Same thing with Matrix as well.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
ex- PDX, YKM, EUG as well. To- BCN, MAN, MAD, BIO (latter two slightly more), LPA (even a bit more)

Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:17 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
According to the New Miles & Bonus Program of A3, international Z gives 150% with a 1600 miles minimum per segment.
Thats cool. Do you have a link by any chance? I can't seem to find it, this is the only link I've found

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...on/earn-miles/
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by richh1833
Thats cool. Do you have a link by any chance? I can't seem to find it, this is the only link I've found

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...on/earn-miles/
http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en/#how-you-earn-miles

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Why would you bother with this unless it's in line with the Y price? A3 J class is normal inter-Europe J (aka blocked middle seat). I flew them on a J/F award earlier this year and while they served decent food up in J, I wouldn't pay much of a premium to fly J vs. Y
Because this business class fare is a quarter of the next cheapest J class fare on the route. And, aside from A3's cheaper economy fare, this business class fare is also cheaper than the next cheapest economy fare, by almost €200.

Just one of these tickets leaves you just 998 miles short of renewing Star Alliance Gold. Great find!
Particularly given that there have been recent "special" fares from AUH and I needed a way to get there.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 21, 2014 at 2:16 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Why would you bother with this unless it's in line with the Y price? A3 J class is normal inter-Europe J (aka blocked middle seat). I flew them on a J/F award earlier this year and while they served decent food up in J, I wouldn't pay much of a premium to fly J vs. Y
Well, it's an excellent fare for getting between those two points in business-class, which is what this thread's all about. Unlikely to be worth positioning from [insert city], unless you have the need or desire to sample mega-expensive Oslo on your way to the Gulf.

But there you are: like most fares here, a great deal for some, one of no interest to others.

Business-class on short flights isn't solely about seat design. Rewards, service, and airport-based facilities play their part.

Although the A3 C-cabin may not be flat-bedded, it offers comfort and service far beyond that found in economy.

And it's worth remembering that for many, A3 offers an easy route to *G: the miles from this trip would put you well on the way to that level.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Just one of these tickets leaves you just 998 miles short of renewing Star Alliance Gold. Great find!
Are you sure EY operated flight will be credited on A3 as status mile?

PS: also I'm searching for good fare to reach AUH
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KiteM
Are you sure EY operated flight will be credited on A3 as status mile?

PS: also I'm searching for good fare to reach AUH
Hmmm....perhaps there are no tier miles on EY-operated flights after all....

Originally Posted by Aegean T&Cs
CHAPTER 5: AEGEAN PARTNERSHIP WITH AIRLINE COMPANIES-MEMBERS OF STAR ALLIANCE
1.Members of the Programme can accrue and redeem miles on flights operated by Star Alliance member-airlines. It shall be made clear that the flight must be operated by any Star Alliance member-airline and not by other collaborating airline company (code-share flights). Individual Star Alliance member-carrier’s may also exclude mileage accrual on certain flight-ranges.
There is also the question - will an A3-coded, EY-operated flight count as one of the 4 necessary OA/A3 segments? I think it will, but we don't know yet. Still, for those going for Gold requalification, there is almost 3 full months at least to acquire that extra sector if it is required. But we should know long before taking these flights what the exact requirements are - the new programme launches Nov 24.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie

I tried to replicate for late August 2015, but LAX-MAN fares came back closer to $2800-- not bad, but not a steal at $2000. Any idea what the restrictions are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.