Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Post "Evolution" - New TSA Blog

Feast your eyes

'Nuff said.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I hope Anonymizer + FlyerTalk will light Idiot Boy Hawley's blog up like a Christmas tree.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:44 pm
pbz

Programs: AA Gold
The comments in response

Originally Posted by Andy1369
What a bunch of suck-ups and yes-men. What are the KHIAI commentators waiting for? (Or are ppl afraid to be added to the List?) Maybe Kip and His Craptastinators will wake up to what a bunch of morons they are and how ftarded their system is once the non-sponsored responders (aka actual travelers, not underlings looking for a promotion) start to write in.

By the way, who really wrote the blog post that Kip signed?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pbz
What a bunch of suck-ups and yes-men. What are the KHIAI commentators waiting for? (Or are ppl afraid to be added to the List?) Maybe Kip and His Craptastinators will wake up to what a bunch of morons they are and how ftarded their system is once the non-sponsored responders (aka actual travelers, not underlings looking for a promotion) start to write in.

It's a moderated blog - good luck getting anything seriously detracting posted.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Andy1369
Feast your eyes

'Nuff said.
Ah, but it comes with a "policy": http://www.tsa.gov/blog/2008/01/comment-policy.html designed to exclude any criticism. "We'll tell you what, not why" it states. Right there.

edit OK, credit where due - they are (so far) allowing critical posts through. As to taking any notice of them, well....

Last edited by Wally Bird; Jan 31, 2008 at 10:07 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Glad to see that Kip got someone else to post on his behalf. The least they could've done was set up an account using his name instead of having "neil" do the posting for him

Also interesting to see the number of TSO and Managers they got to post, stacking the first few comments. I put a comment in; we'll see if they publish it

edit to add- their mods only work during business hours, so don't expect to see any comments approved until tomorrow morning.

Last edited by sbm12; Jan 30, 2008 at 3:12 pm
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:05 pm

Once again, if the TSA spent as much of its resources on improving security as it does with PR, I think we might actually be a little safer. You know that all anti-TSA posts are going to be deleted and their authors will be added to the No-Fly List anyway.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Me Furst

Originally Posted by pbz
"I and senior leadership of TSA"

"We see a lot in the blogs , again without a real dialogue."

di-a-logue: An exchange of ideas and opinions.

Moat Dragon(yelling): "Real Ids OUT of holders, shoes OFF, coats OFF, kwart baggies OUT, belts OFF, water trash-canned, laptops OUT, electronics OUT and NO TOOTHPASTE or SHAMPOO if Ya Wanna Fly Today!!!!"
Spiff: "Go pound sand."

Dialog: an exchange of bad ideas and good opinions. ^
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: BMI Silver, UA MP, OnePass
TSA + Blogs =
Not sure how much they'll censor the comments but my guess is that less then 1/10th of comments get approved!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I think I will go on the offensive about Privacy Act violations and see what reaction I get.

Spiff - How do I do Anonymizer?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I think I will go on the offensive about Privacy Act violations and see what reaction I get.

Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I'm not Spiff, but I play him on TV. Click here for Anonymizer info.

Will
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:21 pm

I think Lanz has the right idea.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the anti-TSA crowd is beginning to warm up over there.

I saved a copy of the current contents for reference just in case the editors get their knives out.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sbm12
edit to add- their mods only work during business hours, so don't expect to see any comments approved until tomorrow morning.
I guess the business hours are a little longer than expected, as they did approve my post. And they seem to be promising an answer to the liquids joke on Friday, according to "Chris" who seems to be one of the mods.

Also, the stylesheet that they are using forces all text to lowercase, so it looks like no one has any grammar sense

But, they seem to be letting some reasonable questions actually get posted. I'm not holding out hope for answers, but at least they're letting the questions be asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.