FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Why should I show my breasts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/715851-why-should-i-show-my-breasts.html)

vassilipan Jul 22, 2007 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 8096898)
So what is TSA doing to rectify the situation, other then just letting them sit and collect dust? TSA should have had the companies invest a lot more into making them work better before deploying them.

However, instead of using a technology that works but has some issues, he's using a technology that works well but doesn't do anything to detect what's being looked for. That doesn't register very high on the smarts scale.

It's a government contract - either the lowest bidder or the one with the most connections.

Dovster Jul 22, 2007 1:57 am

Originally Posted by VelvetKennedy (Post 8081533)
Why should I show my breasts?

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 8096898)
So what is TSA doing to rectify the situation, other then just letting them sit and collect dust?

spleenstomper Jul 22, 2007 9:46 am

Originally Posted by peachfront (Post 8083185)
I sort of have to agree with the TSA officer. I'm not sure where it would be appropriate in public to wear a business suit with no top under the jacket. It sounds like fetish wear. Senator Vitter, you may go in and see the mistress now... Probably I'm just not up on current styles, but to me it is not businesslike if you forgot to wear your shirt!

I wear a sport/jogging bra at the airport. Once or twice, they have asked for more layers to come off, than just the jacket. A sport bra that is decent for public viewing at the gym should be OK for a brief exposure. I'm not going to be wearing my Victoria Secret's underwired miracle workers in a security line anyway. It seems like somebody could take out the pads and take in quite a lot of contraband in some of those designs.

Better yet in my opinion would be the sport bra with a form-fitting opaque-colored shell over it. Sometimes I like a turtleneck shell, but if you want to look shirtless under your jacket, then you could pick a design with a low-cut neckline. The main thing is to have the item follow the figure so that it doesn't look as if you're trying to conceal something. When I dress like this, I've never been asked to strip down to the sports bra and flash my fans. No doubt much to their relief! :)

Actually, this sounds like you've become a sheeple. Follow the TSA agents around going "baaah" "baaaah".....

Showbizguru Jul 22, 2007 9:52 am

Naturally it must be very embarrassing for women to have to do this.
Especially if you're like Mrs Showbizguru who is so lacking in the breast department you could do your ironing on her chest.
However,she is a very good cook so it's not all bad ...

spleenstomper Jul 22, 2007 9:58 am

Would it helpt to reply: This is my blouse; it isn't a jacket?

:confused:

Wally Bird Jul 22, 2007 10:00 am

Originally Posted by n5667 (Post 8096605)
Wally, if you actually read that part of my post and thought I was being serious

No, I thought it was an amusing choice of words. I'm serious about the Gold Shield though. Good grief.

DCA TSO Jul 22, 2007 11:20 am

Personally I dread having to ask a female to remove any article of clothing. And if not for the fact that the last two airliners were blown up by female Chechen terrorists with explosives around their mid-section (Sept. 2004), I'd let it go. Fortunately most women are modest and know what to wear-- especially when they are going through an airport checkpoint.

Wally Bird Jul 22, 2007 11:29 am

Originally Posted by DCA TSO (Post 8098956)
And if not for the fact that the last two airliners were blown up by female Chechen terrorists with explosives around their mid-section (Sept. 2004), I'd let it go.

Who reportedly bribed their way onto the flights and bypassed security entirely.

DCA TSO Jul 22, 2007 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle2385 (Post 8087173)
Being a bit of a rebel, I'm quite tempted to do what you suggest. In fact, I would take it one step further than simply wearing nothing under my jacket. I'm sure the look on the TSO's faces would be priceless when they'd see "KIP HAWLEY IS AN IDIOT" written across my bare chest.

Thousands come through the checkpoint, from every stage and walk of life. No one here on FT, in their silliest, most insane moments could even approach some of the stuff actually said and done by passengers at the checkpoint.

You can't even believe what I've heard said to me, albeit indirectly, by some classy, middle-aged professional woman when I've taken away some 10 oz. bottle of liquid while on x-ray (e.g., "Go on, take it... you f#*%ing a$$h*le... [inaudible]... you minimum-wage... [inaudible]... f%*#ing moron burger-flippers..."). And this is from the sane, dignified passengers. :)

pltwannab Jul 22, 2007 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by DCA TSO (Post 8099205)
Thousands come through the checkpoint, from every stage and walk of life. No one here on FT, in their silliest, most insane moments could even approach some of the stuff actually said and done by passengers at the checkpoint.

You can't even believe what I've heard said to me, albeit indirectly, by some classy, middle-aged professional woman when I've taken away some 10 oz. bottle of liquid while on x-ray (e.g., "Go on, take it... you f#*%ing a$$h*le... [inaudible]... you minimum-wage... [inaudible]... f%*#ing moron burger-flippers..."). And this is from the sane, dignified passengers. :)

Isn't that the truth though? If the TSA idiots were not given all those abusive powers where at the slightest the leos are called and the travel plans get messed up, you would be hearing it from almost every passenger.

Spiff Jul 22, 2007 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by DCA TSO (Post 8099205)

Wow, I am *so* shocked at these comments.

Whatever could be causing people to make them? :confused:

Herb Powell: All right! This is what you're gonna do. Hang up and call me back. Say the exact opposite of everything you just said. Kids, come here.

Bart and Lisa: What is it?

Herb Powell: Hear what the guys think of your dad.

Engineer: Hello. Homer Simpson is a brilliant man... with lots of well-thought-out, practical ideas. He's ensuring the financial security
of this company. Oh, yes, and his personal hygiene is above reproach.

Oh Brother, Where art Thou?, The Simpsons

essxjay Jul 22, 2007 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by DCA TSO (Post 8098956)
Fortunately most women are modest and know what to wear-- especially when they are going through an airport checkpoint.

Just curious what your standard of feminine modesty is?

Given the way some have argued it so far in the thread, additional screening would be required for burkah- or sari-cladded women.

Wally Bird Jul 22, 2007 5:32 pm

DCA TSO Jul 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by essxjay (Post 8099536)
Just curious what your standard of feminine modesty is?

Given the way some have argued it so far in the thread, additional screening would be required for burkah- or sari-cladded women.

Sent for additional screening w/o exception.

Legalbee Jul 23, 2007 2:19 am

Originally Posted by peachfront (Post 8083185)
I sort of have to agree with the TSA officer. I'm not sure where it would be appropriate in public to wear a business suit with no top under the jacket. It sounds like fetish wear. Senator Vitter, you may go in and see the mistress now... Probably I'm just not up on current styles, but to me it is not businesslike if you forgot to wear your shirt!
:)

Peachfront...I have a great many suits that not only do not require a shirt underneath the jacket, but that actually would look downright silly with one. These are suits where the jackets button up to the neckline and are straightcut. Trust me these are not unbusinesslike, but rather a different style of jacket. I sure as hell would not put a shirt on underneath just to satisfy airport security....and I dont wear a bra for medical reasons...Most of my travel now is done in casual clothes...if im travelling for biz, I tend to do so the day before I need to be "dressed"....that said Im now tempted to wear a suit on my next flight ;)