Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backscatter X-Ray at Phoenix is here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph
The monitor is not out in plain view but rather in a separate room the built in PHX for it.
So what?

Like the poorly paid TSA droog watching the monitor won't have ample unsupervised opportunity to leverage his/her phonecam into some extra money.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Originally Posted by seat17D
Agreed. How long do you think it will take before some unmonitored TSA employee takes a snapshot of the monitor's display and sells it for one or two year's worth of salary?
The Rape-EE-Scan machines come standard with a drive attachment for easy downloading.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 9:58 pm

I would submit that the reasons for having the monitor in a separate room is more so that the searched passenger cannot see their own image and less for the privacy of said pax.

After all, it's much easier to keep the sheeple in the dark if they can't see what's happening.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:21 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by GeneralAviation
From the articles I've seen in the Phoenix media, the local of this
"strip-search" machine is security checkpoint B in Terminal 4.
Terminal 4 at PHX, a.k.a. the Barry M. Goldwater Terminal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PHXterminal4.jpg

And spinning in his grave...
Old Mar 2, 2007, 5:12 am
Suspended

I would submit that the reasons for having the monitor in a separate room is more so that the searched passenger cannot see their own image and less for the privacy of said pax.

After all, it's much easier to keep the sheeple in the dark if they can't see what's happening.
Then how do we know that it is really a "chalk outline" they are viewing and not the original picture of every organ, fat roll and wrinkle?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

...or that the TSA doesn't want their employees exposed to the radiation passengers are being exposed to. It would be interesting for someone to note the distance between the chamber and the TSA operator and if they see evidence of any type of shielding or special construction - wall thickness, seals on doors, etc
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BillScann
The Rape-EE-Scan machines come standard with a drive attachment for easy downloading.
Image capture and storage was in the earlier design specs for all such devices. Furthermore, all such devices displays can be remotely captured too.

I'm betting the tabloids will be paying for some celebrity images sooner or later.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BillScann
They would have to have that capability in order to use the scan as evidence if they ever caught anyone with a weapon secreted on his/her torso.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:14 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
They don't need the scan as evidence of the weapon, they'd have the weapon itself.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by LarryJ
They don't need the scan as evidence of the weapon, they'd have the weapon itself.
oh, trust me, they would need the image. The DA prosecuting that case would demand it.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Travellin' Fool
oh, trust me, they would need the image. The DA prosecuting that case would demand it.
why? "do you want to fly today" was good enough before.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:32 pm
Suspended

As would the defense attorney.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:27 pm

Why would the DA need it? It might be nice, but with implied consent and secondary security, a pax has no ability to decline the secondary pat-down screening that would actually find the weapon.

How is this different than if a pax has been SSSS'd and as part of that secondary the weapon is found? There is no fruit of the poisonous tree if the implied consent holds up. If it doesn't then the whole basis for screening will fall away.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
If a weapon was found by the WTMD would the DA demand an audio recording of the thing beeping?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by doober
As would the defense attorney.
Yeah, I don't think need get a lawyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.