Search

How long will TSA be around? Forever?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ND Sol
So I will ask you once again (with your new word), have you had anyone arrested for "disrupting" the checkpoint and was that person convicted based on your testimony?
Originally Posted by whatsinyourbag
Cute signature, but should I take your above response to mean that you have not had anyone arrested for "disrupting" the checkpoint where such person was later convicted for "disrupting" the checkpoint based on your testimony? Seems so.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Cute signature, but should I take your above response to mean that you have not had anyone arrested for "disrupting" the checkpoint where such person was later convicted for "disrupting" the checkpoint based on your testimony? Seems so.
I think you have to work at a checkpoint before any of this can happen. I know we take a lot on faith on this board, but nothing I've written seen so far strikes me as being from someone who works anywhere near an airport, let alone near a checkpoint.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:39 am
cpx

Programs: Many

Which leads me to believe.. that the abuse is only one way.. TSA abusing
innocent passengers.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by birdstrike
I think you have to work at a checkpoint before any of this can happen. I know we take a lot on faith on this board, but nothing I've written seen so far strikes me as being from someone who works anywhere near an airport, let alone near a checkpoint.
Presuming you transposed a word and meant to say "nothing I've seen written so far.....", true, for I suspect the not working at a checkpoint aspect as well.

As said earlier this seems to be a case of TSA "management's" lock-down & CYA mentality seizing the day.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:16 am

Several arrested... We don't have to testify, the local LEO's take care of that... Rolling eyes because you travelers have no idea about arrests at checkpoints, we don't always have to testify for everything, as long as the LEO witnesses it, they testify...
Old Dec 24, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
Originally Posted by whatsinyourbag
Several arrested... We don't have to testify, the local LEO's take care of that... Rolling eyes because you travelers have no idea about arrests at checkpoints, we don't always have to testify for everything, as long as the LEO witnesses it, they testify...
Define "disrupting the checkpoint."

Arrests mean nothing without convictions.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:51 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Arrests at checkpoints probably trigger the same kind of arousal the Kwik-E-Mart security guard gets when he chases away pre-teens trading baseball cards outside the store... Or the rent-a-cop who pulls over Ice Cold in the video below...

N.W.H. Video Clip (PG-13)

Last edited by Spiff; Dec 24, 2006 at 9:02 pm
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:24 pm

Spiff - drop the "lying" from KIP'S description and I'd agree he's tooo stooopid to LIE

Und "Vat's in Yur Bak" - you vould haf made an "ausgesneichnet geheimstats polezei" I va chust followink ORDERZ... (I assume you switch your brain off when you go to work? Got any rationale for most of the current idiocy since flight decks were made BULLETPROOF? Now, not to totally cast a shadow over TSA - they have -now- a single function - keep BOMBS off aircraft (since for guns and knives, the passengers can and will do as good a job at security. If someone finds a way to put a bomb in a factory sealed pop can let me know)
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by aircraft engineer
Spiff - drop the "lying" from KIP'S description and I'd agree he's tooo stooopid to LIE
Idiot Boy gave a press conference where he showed an x-ray image of Richard Reid's shoes and then claimed that the x-ray was the best way for him to see explosives. This claim was made in spite of copious evidence that the x-ray does not detect explosives, some of which was provided by DHS's very own Comrade Michael Chertoff.

Ergo, Kip is a liar and an idiot.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I'd like to see them privatized, but the TSA is here to stay.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:47 am

TSA WILL be around forever... IF you keep showing up at the airport.

What's worth more to you? Flying or not being forced to grab your ankles for the TSA goons?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:01 am
cpx

Originally Posted by Spiff
This claim was made in spite of copious evidence that the x-ray does not detect explosives, some of which was provided by DHS's very own Comrade Michael Chertoff.

Ergo, Kip is a liar and an idiot.
Just like the statement

"It's not the ounces. It's the container we're after.." -- Kip Hawley, TSA Chief
http://www.afalax.org/default.asp?nc=1901&id=306

This statement was made when empty containers were allowed through the
security check-points, but liquids were not.

Does he even read the "so called" policies before making statements?

He is liar alright.. and very bad at it too.... too bad there are people
out there who still believe him.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
He is nothing more than a department press spokesman. Administration 'fraidycats/neocons/etc. make the "policy" and he's trotted out to [very poorly] "defend" it.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:08 am
cpx

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
He is nothing more than a department press spokesman. Administration 'fraidycats/neocons/etc. make the "policy" and he's trotted out to [very poorly] "defend" it.
If he does not support what the "Administration fraidycats/neocons/etc" make up.. he must quit!
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
And give up a hack patronge job -- he's dense, but not completely insane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.