Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long will TSA be around? Forever?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2006, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by whatsinyourbag
Do you honestly think that your LITTLE $5.00 surcharge covers the salaries? Get real...
If not then TSO's are overpaid. Over 600 million enplanements each year.

Maybe your company should have video conferences, then you won't have to fly...
Yes, that does prove that you don't know how the business world operates. The only industry that I thought was trying to dissuade customers from using its product was the oil and gas industry. I guess, based on your comments, that the TSA is another.

We can't professionalize until we federalize.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by vassilipan
This attitude cannot exist without at least tacit approval from supervisors or similarly held beliefs.

TSA is a service organization, just like any other organ of government. We, the American flying public, are the customers. As such, we have an absolute right to complain and criticize. If you don't "take any **** from anyone," then you are in the wrong business. If you give back what you get, you are in the wrong business.

Sooner or later, the chickens will come home to roost.
There is no way that I will stand there and let some arrogant person abuse any TSA staff or officer or create a disturbance at the checkpoint... Would any officer stand there and let someone abuse or disobey a law... It is against the Federal Law to create a disturbance, interfere, or intimidate anyone at a Federal Checkpoint... Wrong business, I don't think so...
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ND Sol
If not then TSO's are overpaid. Over 600 million enplanements each year.

Not all of the revenues go towards TSO's... Administration, etc...

Yes, that does prove that you don't know how the business world operates. The only industry that I thought was trying to dissuade customers from using its product was the oil and gas industry. I guess, based on your comments, that the TSA is another.

Didn't try to dissuade passengers, just gave the option that was asked for...

We can't professionalize until we federalize.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 5:48 am

There is no way that I will stand there and let some arrogant person abuse any TSA staff or officer or create a disturbance at the checkpoint... Would any officer stand there and let someone abuse or disobey a law... It is against the Federal Law to create a disturbance, interfere, or intimidate anyone at a Federal Checkpoint... Wrong business, I don't think so...
So how many passengers have you had arrested for disturbing you? And how many have been convicted based on your testimony? Is that not what you do in those situations?

Perhaps you should read some of Bart's comments on better ways to manage these type of incidents.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Ah, so it's OK for arrogant TSA staff to abuse customers... they get a free ride. Us citizens, on the other hand, who may be frustrated, late or otherwise in a foul mood should get arrested. Y'all are part of the customer service business. I think you're in the wrong business.... you sound more suited to a true law-enforcement function.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Ah, so it's OK for arrogant TSA staff to abuse customers... they get a free ride. Us citizens, on the other hand, who may be frustrated, late or otherwise in a foul mood should get arrested. Y'all are part of the customer service business. I think you're in the wrong business.... you sound more suited to a true law-enforcement function.
Only if by "law enforcement function", you mean "North Korean Re-education Camp Guard", when it comes to any abusive TSA employee.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 9:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by justageek
I think the OP hit the nail on the head.

TSA will never go away. If there are no attacks, it "proves" TSA is doing its job. If there is an attack, it "proves" we need to give even more power and liberties to the TSA.

Privatization, with strict government oversight, would be ideal, as a private company might actually return some semblance of "customer service" to the screening process, an idea that TSA management has no familiarity with.
Originally Posted by Spiff
I do hope that one day, US airports are rid of this disease of an agency but it's unfortunately unlikely to happen anytime soon as long as we remain a nation of cowards and allow our elected representatives to behave in such a disgusting, un-American manner by creating and continuing to maintain the TSA.
unfortunately, you are both correct as tsa will be here for a long long time-or at least until my hair decides to come back (and no, rogiane won't make the tsa go away any faster )
Old Dec 23, 2006, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Actually, it was the nasty attitudes of "frequent fliers" that think they know everything...

As far as quit, you gotta be kidding... Dish out all you want, I don't take any **** from anyone... Dish it out, get it right back...
What a professional attitude

I can't wait to engage the new House Subcommittee on Aviation to discuss my detailed transition plan for aviation security. Hopefully they will be abit more willing to discuss it than their predecesors and I will finally enjoy the pleasure of waving 'bye bye' to the TSA and its screening staff once and for all.

I might just try and get some of my ex-faculty to sign-off on it for an added boost when it goes to Committee.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I might just try and get some of my ex-faculty to sign-off on it for an added boost when it goes to Committee.
I'll consult for free if it will expedite the removal of the TSA.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:46 pm

So how many passengers have you had arrested for disturbing you? And how many have been convicted based on your testimony? Is that not what you do in those situations?

Perhaps you should read some of Bart's comments on better ways to manage these type of incidents.
Oh, they don't disturb me... The comment was causing a disturbance, as in disrupting the checkpoint
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Been there done that... Didn't take it on the street either...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
What a professional attitude

I can't wait to engage the new House Subcommittee on Aviation to discuss my detailed transition plan for aviation security. Hopefully they will be abit more willing to discuss it than their predecesors and I will finally enjoy the pleasure of waving 'bye bye' to the TSA and its screening staff once and for all.

Won't be waiving "bye bye" to TSA...

You will need some very powerful people in your court to try to do what you think you will do...
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Answer to the original question: "Way too long for much of any additional good to come".
Old Dec 24, 2006, 2:55 am

Oh, they don't disturb me... The comment was causing a disturbance, as in disrupting the checkpoint
So if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Read from your quote below as you used the word "disturbance." Creating a disturbance requires someone to be disturbed. "Disrupting" was not one of the three terms you used that would be "against the Federal law."

So I will ask you once again (with your new word), have you had anyone arrested for "disrupting" the checkpoint and was that person convicted based on your testimony?

Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:06 am

So if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Read from your quote below as you used the word "disturbance." Creating a disturbance requires someone to be disturbed. "Disrupting" was not one of the three terms you used that would be "against the Federal law."

So I will ask you once again (with your new word), have you had anyone arrested for "disrupting" the checkpoint and was that person convicted based on your testimony?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.