Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Preclearance at Dublin Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this but I'm flying RyanAir from MAN-DUB (arrive 9AM) and continuing on Delta as a non-rev DUB-JFK (depart 11:15AM). I have Global Entry.

Is 2 hours 15 minutes sufficient? Or should I look into booking my RyanAir flight the night before and getting a hotel. I'd prefer not to do that as it's an extra $100+...
If the flight is on time, it is sufficient, even without Global Entry. Last time I left from DUB it was about an hour from check in to gate: security screening, CBP, and second screening. That was before GE kiosks were added.

Last edited by mre5765; Nov 10, 2013 at 11:04 am
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mre5765
If the flight is on time, it is sufficient, even without Global Entry. Last time I left from DUB it was about an hour from check in to gate: security screening CBP, and second screening. That was before GE kiosks were added.
Awesome. Appreciate the help!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Awesome. Appreciate the help!
Don't forget, Ryanair has very strict carry-on baggage policies and it doesn't interline if you check luggage.
And, if your flight from MAN is delayed, you are likely hosed as you'll have to wait for another (space-available) DL flight.
How much will that cost?
For $100 I would take Ryanair flight the night before, and stay in hotel at DUB airport.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Nov 11, 2013 at 10:12 pm Reason: added "carry-on"
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:38 pm

I went through preclearance going from Dublin to NYC - JFK. The process was relatively painless and made it a lot easier when I flew into NYC then onward to ORD as I did not have to get my bag, check it in again and go through security again then go to the gate at JFK.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Does anyone have any current data on wait times for pre clearance in Dublin at the minute (not a US passport holder)?

We're on the 10.10am departure to ATL - there seems to be quite a big gap, with a bunch of flights going at 9am and the next ones aren't until 11am, so I'm hoping for a relatively easy journey through...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:44 am
pmv

Any RECENT info? Flying DUB-BOS on Aerlingus. If I want to shop/eat/visit lounge prior to US immigration how much time to I need to allow. I HAVE GE and travel light (carry on-wise)?

thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
No major change. Still head to preclearance between T-75 to T-50.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2P, MR Plat
Allow for 9am backup

Had a 9am flight to jfk (Sunday), and entered queue for preclearance at t-60, and 30 mins later still only halfway through the line. (I had GE but the baby didn't!)

Luckily at t-20, an AA agent asked for all those on our flight to step out to go through to the front. There were about 15 stuck in the queue.

Silly me, I should have checked the departing flights. Essentially 3 full us-bound planes between 9-930a. This surge of passengers essentially floods the immigration folks. You'd do well to be on the front end of this!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:00 pm

I usually head towards the precelarance area as soon as the status of the flight changes to "Proceed to US Preclearance" on the board. Just to ensure I have enough time.

I'm flying to Tampa next month via Philadelphia and I can't help but notice that, despite preclearance in Dublin, the daily flights from DUB to PHL always seem to arrive at the international terminals (in PHL their international arrivals come in at terminal A west/east) rather than the domestic ones. I assume I can still just hop off the plane and scoot on past customs/immigration having already had that inspection.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Isabel Hughes
I'm flying to Tampa next month via Philadelphia and I can't help but notice that, despite preclearance in Dublin, the daily flights from DUB to PHL always seem to arrive at the international terminals (in PHL their international arrivals come in at terminal A west/east) rather than the domestic ones. I assume I can still just hop off the plane and scoot on past customs/immigration having already had that inspection.
Yes you can -- I just took that US DUB-PHL flight in May. You arrive like any domestic flight and just walk right into the terminal. There is no customs/immigration to scoot past; it's as if you were arriving from Boston.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Yes you can -- I just took that US DUB-PHL flight in May. You arrive like any domestic flight and just walk right into the terminal. There is no customs/immigration to scoot past; it's as if you were arriving from Boston.
Oh ok, cool. Thanks

So glad to hear that, I've heard that PHL is an absolute nightmare for international arrivals that have to clear customs/immigration there.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:45 am

hi i am going to ord from dublin in july how long do you think preclearence will take and also anyone got any info on delays at dublin when returning to dublin
i have a short turnround

steve
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Dublin U.S. preclearance security

What is the DUB security experience at U.S. preclearance? Is there precheck? If not, can one keep one's shoes on? Is there a premium line?

Thank you.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
What is the DUB security experience at U.S. preclearance? Is there precheck? If not, can one keep one's shoes on? Is there a premium line?

Thank you.
Hi @Buster CT1K,

I merged your question into the consolidated US Preclearance at the Dublin Airport thread.

According to the wikipost in the AA DUB / Dublin pre-clearance, procedures, baggage, duty free, etc. thread in the American Airlines forum, PreCheck is not avialiable at the DUB preclearnace facility.

According to the Dublin Airport website, the procedure is as follows:
Before US Preclearance
  1. Check-in with your airline as normal
  2. Go through Dublin Airport security screening
  3. Make your way to the US Preclearance area
US Preclearance in 3 easy steps
  1. Complete TSA security screening (this is the American security screening standard)
  2. Self-process using one of our 18 self–service kiosks. These are available to US citizens and ESTA* passengers. US Citizens transaction time is 40 seconds and ESTA passengers 80 seconds at the kiosks.
    - Scan your passport
    - Have your photo taken
    - ESTA passengers: scan your fingerprints
    - Approval receipt is issued
  3. Now present your approval receipt and passport to a US Preclearance of officer for a brief inspection
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:26 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K

Thank you.
I departed from DUB to JFK back in January 2018. Preclearance consisted of
  • having my carryon bags screened again by X-ray;
  • showing my passport and BP to a clerk before the X-ray and answering questions;
  • showing my "form" to a customs agent on my way to the gate.
No "screening" of my personal body -- no WTMD, no scanner, etc.
When I arrived at JFK, we walked off the jet bridge into the gate area and I proceeded directly to my next flight without TSA checkpoint intervention.
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.