Global Entry - Error message

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Global Entry - Error message

FTers,

I really need help on this one.
I have been a Global entry user for more than a year now, used it about once a month on average, never had a problem and never been "X".
3 trips ago, when I was coming back thur MIA, walked up to the machine, scanned my passport and had my photo taken, then immediately I got a big ERROR msg on the screen, saying "ERROR. ... passport expires on xx/xx/2015"

Tried all 3 machine on the row and got the same message. Went to the officer and he didnt know why but processed me there.

Last month, my next international trip returns me to LAX, same thing error msg poped up after the photo screen. The officer didn't know why either, and had never seen it before.

Yesterday, came back from Peru to SFO, got the same ERROR and sent to an officer. The only advise he gave me was to contact tech support in Global Entry. ??! I was never a big fan in tech support even within my company, and not sure about Uncle Sam's tech support. At this point, I don't even know where to start to solve this problem.

Anyone seen this problem b4 ? Please help.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
[QUOTE=greasy;17324962I got a big ERROR msg on the screen, saying "ERROR. ... passport expires on xx/xx/2015"[/QUOTE]

I suggest going to a GE office to see if they can re-enter your passport info to fix it. If the error shows up on their own kiosks, maybe they can call their own tech support to fix it.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:40 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mre5765
I suggest going to a GE office to see if they can re-enter your passport info to fix it. If the error shows up on their own kiosks, maybe they can call their own tech support to fix it.
I second that idea-- go to the GE enrollment office and have them re-enter your passport. You can actually try this yourself on the GOES website.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
OP -- did you by any chance change your passport recently?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Took you guys' advise and stopped at my local CBP office on Monday at LAX. The officer there told me my account was somehow messed up with my 2nd passport. She insisted that only 1 passport can work, (although both of my passport were working fine before this problem occur)

Anyway, she said the problem's been fixed, and I left happily and onwards to my international trip.

Today, I got back to the States thru JFK, walked up the GE machine, and BAM... Big ERROR message again. "ERROR. Passport expires on xx/xx/2015"

Forced to stood back in line, and line and line thru customs.... This is driving me nuts.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

I Serious Need Help.

After trying again and again, most recently at MIA, SFO, JFK, LAX. All with the same result.

Machine will scan my passport, take my photo, and then gives a big error message.

I've been the the CBP office twice and have my passport re-scan. I have log-in the website and re-enter my information twice. And nothing is helping.

I'm a frequent traveler and is this is driving my nuts to see people walking pass the machine everytime and I'll have to stand in line now. (I paid the joining fee too) Why is it only happening to me ?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
I can understand the frustration but your post seems to indicate your basic problem - that you have a "second passport".

Regardless on whether you have physically one or two passports in your possession you will need to go back - again - to have the only passport you plan to use going forward scanned.

I would not leave that office until you personally get to kiosk and prove it works to your satisfaction.

Good luck!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Global Entry is meant for frequent travelers, and many of us frequent travelers do have 2 passports.

But regardless, the last time I went to the CBP office I only ask them to rescan my primary passport, but that didn't solve my problem either.

I asked to try my passport after they rescan it, but the officer claim that the only way to check is to go thru the real machine, which is within the arrival hall. (in LAX, the CBP office is at the departure hall, unsecured area)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Global Entry Error

I've posted this under policy debate, but hasn't got much respond. I'm really frustrated here, sorry for re-posting, but hopefully in this sub-forum more of you might have experienced this before and be able to help out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...r-message.html

So basically, my Global Entry pass stopped working about 3 months ago. Doesn't matter which entry point I come in, doesn't matter which machine I use, I get the same error message, and no one, not even CBP officers, seem to be able to help me.

I've been back to the CBP office to have it re-scan, I've log on to the website and re-enter my info myself, but the problem persist.

I'm running out of options here, please FTers, please help me out.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
as there is already an open thread in the Debate forum

I would like to close this one - but will leave it to the OP to choose which one he wants to stay open.

thanks

squeakr

co Mod TS/S
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:38 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by greasy
I've posted this under policy debate, but hasn't got much respond. I'm really frustrated here, sorry for re-posting, but hopefully in this sub-forum more of you might have experienced this before and be able to help out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...r-message.html

So basically, my Global Entry pass stopped working about 3 months ago. Doesn't matter which entry point I come in, doesn't matter which machine I use, I get the same error message, and no one, not even CBP officers, seem to be able to help me.

I've been back to the CBP office to have it re-scan, I've log on to the website and re-enter my info myself, but the problem persist.

I'm running out of options here, please FTers, please help me out.
The only people who could straighten this out are those who have access the computer program which runs the GE system. Back in Feb. 2011, I had a problem clearing GE--I got an "X", shortly afterwards, I received an email, asking to describe in detail the problem I had. The address I responded to was [email protected].
Send an email to them (describing in detail your problem).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.