Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Doug Fox parking seems to have the most shuttles, or so it seems whenever I'm waiting for mine. seatacpark.com had service issues in the past. I've used them for recently and they seem to meet the service criteria you are looking for. bear in mind their cheaper rates don't qualify for the afore-mentioned frequent parker programme.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
How do you feel about valet versus park-and-lock?

If you're OK with valet, MasterPark seems to have frequent shuttles, and the lots are nice and close to the airport -- but I think they're expensive.

I prefer park-and-lock, so I usually use ShuttlePark2 (www.shuttlepark2.com). 24-hour service, reasonable rates, you can make a reservation online in advance, and they award frequent-parker points. They're north of the airport too, so unless you're coming up from Federal Way, etc., it's an easy shot. The only thing is, it's been known to take a few minutes to get picked up on arrival.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Alaska, American, Delta
Parking at SEA?

Hi all,
I am flying out of SEA for almost 2 weeks at Christmas time and am looking for some advice on the best way to save some cash in parking costs. As I live in Vancouver BC, taking local transit to the airport probably isn't feasible, but who knows.

Where are some of the best options for parking for a relatively long period of time at SEA?

Thanks very much!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This question has been clubbed to death already in recent threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385095

My favorite is ShuttlePark 2 (www.shuttlepark2.com). On-site airport parking is out of sight now, $22 a day I believe. I don't use it anymore.

If you are coming down from Vancouver, though, why not use the Quick Shuttle bus transfer (www.quickcoach.com)? It gets you across the border check faster.

Also, flying YVR-SEA might prove cheaper than a two-week parking bill.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:04 pm

Thanks Bear for the suggestions.

Regarding Quick Shuttle - I've done it before and it's not necessary quick. Or cheap for that matter - the R/T is about $90, so approaches the cost of parking near SEA but takes infinitely longer than driving.

What I may do is park at a friend's apt in Bellevue or Kirkland (I forget exactly where she is) and take transit from there or some other way. Still exploring all my options-

Thanks again.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgolier
Regarding Quick Shuttle - I've done it before and it's not necessary quick. Or cheap for that matter - the R/T is about $90, so approaches the cost of parking near SEA but takes infinitely longer than driving.
The Entertainment book as a 50% off QS coupon so it'll pay for itself on 1 round trip.

Might be slow (I think it takes an hour longer these days - maybe the drivers I've had recently aren't in a hurry - late departures, slow driving, toilet breaks, and all). If the schedule works for you, it may be relaxing and may get you through the border faster (but the wait there is at least 1/2 hr.

What I may do is park at a friend's apt in Bellevue or Kirkland (I forget exactly where she is) and take transit from there or some other way. Still exploring all my options-
It's a long way and transit may well no tbe a viable option.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgolier
Regarding Quick Shuttle - I've done it before and it's not necessary quick. Or cheap for that matter - the R/T is about $90...
Happy to try and help... re: Quick Shuttle speed, in my modest experience the bus will clear the border in 30-45 minutes, while with the current construction project the wait to get a private car through could easily be much longer. As for relative cost, the all-in cost for two weeks of airport-zone parking will be at least $100. A tank of gas for the trip is another $30 or $40. Against that, Quick Shuttle comes out far cheaper.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:14 am

Well, I have Nexus which should mean that I should get through the border in 20 mins max (though with the impending construction and elimination of 50% of the lanes there - who knows).

And, at least according to Quick Shuttle's website, there are additional fees for luggage. I think it's $10 per bag. Since holiday travel means lots of luggage, this will level the playing field. (Though I have not been aware about the 50% coupon that Cockroach mentioned).

Plus I can drive to SEA from my house in 2 hours 45 mins (without any major traffic backups of course), but the last time it took Quick Shuttle it took 5 hours. Those 4 hours (2 on either side of my trip) are worth some $$ too.

I wish there was a quicker and cheaper alternative between the two cities but for now the car wins, unfortunately.

Last edited by pgolier; Oct 28, 2007 at 10:16 am Reason: Forgot to reference another poster's comments
Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, Nexus would make a crucial difference, so I expect you're making the right call. But I don't see any evidence on the Quick Shuttle website of a $10/bag surcharge; it says up to three checked pieces per rider are allowed, each with a max weight of 50 lbs, but there's no mention of baggage fees.

I haven't ridden Quick Shuttle in about a year. In the past I liked the convenience factor (Everett, WA bus depot up to YVR in about three hours) but the schedule is pretty much creative writing and the drivers can be screwy. Also apparently they no longer call at the Everett Transit Center, but at the Tulalip Premium Outlets shopping mall at milepost 199, which is a huge step in the wrong direction; that mall is a freakin' mess, and ten miles further away from South Snohomish population centers.

Last edited by BearX220; Oct 29, 2007 at 11:13 am Reason: Updating information
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Some of the Sea-Tac hotels offer park n fly rates that include 14 days of parking for roughly $100 which includes one night's lodging. If you are looking for stay credits for a particular hotel chain, this might make a difference.

I like the Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter. You have to call them to see if they are offering the park n fly rate at that time.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: QC Life, AA
If you are driving from Vancouver to Seattle, which is a route I travel a couple of times a year, instead of crossing the border at Peace Arch which as pointed out by other can sometimes take more than 45 mins to cross, you might consider driving east along Canada 1 from Vancouver, turn right into 264th Street (Aldergrove Bellingham Road) as the border crossing there invariably only has three or four vehicles before me when I cross. You then continue down 264th, which changes at the border to Guide Meridian Road (539th) to the I5 at Bellingham, then onto Seattle etc. I have found it saves a lot of time just at the border.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maca44
If you are driving from Vancouver to Seattle, which is a route I travel a couple of times a year, instead of crossing the border at Peace Arch which as pointed out by other can sometimes take more than 45 mins to cross, you might consider driving east along Canada 1 from Vancouver, turn right into 264th Street (Aldergrove Bellingham Road) as the border crossing there invariably only has three or four vehicles before me when I cross. You then continue down 264th, which changes at the border to Guide Meridian Road (539th) to the I5 at Bellingham, then onto Seattle etc. I have found it saves a lot of time just at the border.
That's the Aldergrove/Lynden crossing but I wouldn't count on it being quiet these days.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html
Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BearX220
I haven't ridden Quick Shuttle in about a year. In the past I liked the convenience factor (Everett, WA bus depot up to YVR in about three hours) but the schedule is pretty much creative writing and the drivers can be screwy. Also apparently they no longer call at the Everett Transit Center, but at the Tulalip Premium Outlets shopping mall at milepost 199, which is a huge step in the wrong direction
That's interesting. They never stopped between Bellingham (on request) and d/t Seattle for the longest time. For a short while, they did stop at some motel across I-5 from the Everett Mall area.

I think the Tulalip stop is for shoppers north of the border (have no idea why anyone would want to go to that mall though - it's full of cr@p).
Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeeves
Some of the Sea-Tac hotels offer park n fly rates that include 14 days of parking for roughly $100 which includes one night's lodging. If you are looking for stay credits for a particular hotel chain, this might make a difference.
The Doubletree has such a rate, with anything form 7-14 days of parking. You can do your stay before or after you fly. Just go in and check at the desk, so they can give you a parking slip. I had to do a 17 day stay and asked to prepay the extra days. The extra days were waived as my partner was a Diamond member.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 1:46 am

We parked at the Doubletree on a previous trip and it worked out for us. However, we parked at Masterpark this time after reading a previous parking thread in this forum the listed break-in attempts at various lots around SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.