Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Wally Park Covered Garage - declining service

Anybody else think the service level at the Wally Park Covered Garage has deteriorated? Longer waits for valet checkin, less frequent returns? The last time through their little coupons that allow you to just pickup your keys and run (they run your credit card while you are on the way over) didn't work. Although, to be fair they did give me a free day parking over that issue.

There doesn't seem to be more customers so I can only think they have cut back on employees.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
WallyPark cuts AAA discount without notice

Leaving WallyPark Premier Garage last night, I noticed my receipt showed a 15% discount for AAA, a lower discount than the 20% I had last month.

The kiosk person said even she hadn't been told the AAA discount had been reduced. I, as a customer, certainly hadn't.

This is the second reduction in AAA discount since I began parking at WallyPark (it originally was 25%). That, combined with day rate increases and added fees (plus an awful new reservation system that does not recognize discounts and requires full advance pre-payment), makes WallyPark Premier Garage a poor choice.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AS MVP Gold
Best week-long parking at SEA?

Living in downtown Seattle we take Link to SEA exclusively instead of bothering with driving, but with an upcoming trip that has us taking a 5 a.m. flight out and a return flight that lands back at SEA at 2:30 a.m. ... it's not possible.

Rather than pay some $40-50 each way for an Uber or cab, is it realistic to think we can get parking at/near the airport for 8 days (well, since we land at 2:30 a.m. I suppose 9 days?) for roughly that price — understanding that we would be willing to pay a little for the convenience of just getting in our car and driving home when we arrive.

I see that the SEA terminal garage has weekly parking for $130 ... or sometimes $109 w/ a coupon, which would be ideal but we're technically parking for 9 "days." Other parking services around are cheaper, but obviously rely on a shuttle service, and the few I checked don't offer shuttles that early/late or had very infrequent schedules ... kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyone have a recommendation for this situation? There are so many parking providers that I have no idea where to start here ... Maybe just doing an Uber will be best.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:33 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
My vote goes to taxi.

Short of parking in the airport garage, you'll need a shuttle. In the time it takes for a shuttle to show up, take you to the lot, pay, load up your car, and drive away ... you could be pulling up to your front door in a taxi.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Other than taxi, I might consider a park and fly rate at one of the Seatac hotels then you wouldn't have to get up so early to make that 5am flight.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by martonikaj
Living in downtown Seattle we take Link to SEA exclusively instead of bothering with driving, but with an upcoming trip that has us taking a 5 a.m. flight out and a return flight that lands back at SEA at 2:30 a.m. ... it's not possible.

Rather than pay some $40-50 each way for an Uber or cab, is it realistic to think we can get parking at/near the airport for 8 days (well, since we land at 2:30 a.m. I suppose 9 days?) for roughly that price — understanding that we would be willing to pay a little for the convenience of just getting in our car and driving home when we arrive.

I see that the SEA terminal garage has weekly parking for $130 ... or sometimes $109 w/ a coupon, which would be ideal but we're technically parking for 9 "days." Other parking services around are cheaper, but obviously rely on a shuttle service, and the few I checked don't offer shuttles that early/late or had very infrequent schedules ... kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyone have a recommendation for this situation? There are so many parking providers that I have no idea where to start here ... Maybe just doing an Uber will be best.
I would try Uber. The only flight I know of that lands at 2:30am is that REALLY late night flight from LAX....I think they are timed to match up with the Costa Rica flights.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The only flight I know of that lands at 2:30am is that REALLY late night flight from LAX.
AS 106 from ANC lands at 2:07 am.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by missydarlin
My vote goes to taxi.

Short of parking in the airport garage, you'll need a shuttle. In the time it takes for a shuttle to show up, take you to the lot, pay, load up your car, and drive away ... you could be pulling up to your front door in a taxi.
+1 especially if you need parking for that long. If it was a 2-5 night trip then I'd prob go with a self-parking place.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AS MVP Gold
My vote goes to taxi.

Yeah it's started to seem like a hassle when you involve a shuttle and the wait ... good point.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I would try Uber. The only flight I know of that lands at 2:30am is that REALLY late night flight from LAX....I think they are timed to match up with the Costa Rica flights.
Yup coming in from LAX. Awkward but it's the only one that works for us. Other option is staying a handful of hours at LAX overnight for the 6 a.m., which is worse.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
My vote goes to taxi.

Wouldn't Uber be cheaper than a taxi?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:47 pm

I used master parking https://www.masterparking.com/ (the website is broken now...) years ago. They can pick you up per calling so it is kind of continent. I don't remember if they can pull the car for you before your arrival or not.

But since I have kids, I always use terminal parking. Too difficult to do what you described with kids...
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Not really. We stay at WallyPark Premiere Garage all the time, on the top deck with a AAA rate. That's $10.95ish a day, but not including taxes, living wage fee, etc. that takes it up to $15 something a day. There are other lots around with a list price that is cheaper, but again once taxes and living wage fees are included you wind up over $10 a day.

Neil
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Not really. We stay at WallyPark Premiere Garage all the time, on the top deck with a AAA rate. That's $10.95ish a day, but not including taxes, living wage fee, etc. that takes it up to $15 something a day. There are other lots around with a list price that is cheaper, but again once taxes and living wage fees are included you wind up over $10 a day.

Edit: I dug through my upcoming reservations, looks like I have a 6 day 13.5 hour reservation and the total (top deck, AAA rate) is $82.94.

Neil

Last edited by missamo80; Jul 2, 2016 at 12:01 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: HH Silver
I use Park N Jet lot #1 for long stays. They LOOK kind of shady, but I have used them a dozen times with no issues, as have other family members. For 8.5 days the total with tax is $58.60. Dig around for a coupon and you can get it for even a couple bucks less.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I used to use WallyPark, but they are often full, and their reservation website is a nightmare. (I've repeatedly found bugs, reported them, yet they remain unfixed.)

I've switched to Wingz, which is an Uber-like service but allows to arrange airport trips a scheduled time for a flat fare (plus tip, if you wish). From the Magnolia neighborhood, for example, it's $34. I recommend it, especially if you want the certainty of a timed picked up and no chance of surge pricing.

Last edited by Seattlenerd; Jul 2, 2016 at 8:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.