Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

TAM wil be joining one of the Alliances in 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAM wil be joining one of the Alliances in 2008

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Exclamation TAM wil be joining one of the Alliances in 2008

According to TAM's new president, David Barioni, (who came from GOL BTW)TAM will make a decision to join one of the 3 alliances in 2008. Let the speculations begin all over again!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Given this story, http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4705595&EDATE=
I think it's safe to say it will be Star Alliance.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Given this story, http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4705595&EDATE=
I think it's safe to say it will be Star Alliance.
I do think that it's more likely that TAM will join *A than another alliance (since they also came to an agreement with TP recently), but it's definitely not safe to say anything yet. AF and JJ have had a codeshare and mileage-exchange relationship for the past 7 years!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:27 pm

I hope it's STAR. South America is a major weakness in the network.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 2:09 am

JJ is now showing on UA *A searches to GRU.

Old Dec 1, 2007, 7:37 am

Do you have a link to this statement, because I haven't seen it in the news? (even a .br link)

TAM also formed a new partnership with LAN (oneworld). It's a little odd, even though they also work with TAP, UA, LH.

Last edited by rrgg; Dec 1, 2007 at 7:43 am
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
Do you have a link to this statement, because I haven't seen it in the news? (even a .br link)

TAM also formed a new partnership with LAN (oneworld). It's a little odd, even though they also work with TAP, UA, LH.
Got it from the paper version of OGlobo ("Economia" section) the day I posted. Here is something from the Globo website:

Sob nova direção
Novo presidente da TAM assume prometendo investir em serviços diferenciados
Publicada em 30/11/2007 às 02h41m
Ronaldo D'Ercole, O Globo
SÃO PAULO - Resgatar a excelência dos serviços. Esta é a prioridade do novo presidente da TAM, David Barioni Neto, escolhido na quarta-feira pelo Conselho de Administração como sucessor de Marco Antonio Bologna na presidência da empresa aérea.

Marca registrada da companhia, a excelêcia dos serviços foi deixada em segundo plano nos últimos anos, quando a TAM expandiu fortemente suas operações. A idéia, segundo ele, é ampliar o sistema de tarifas diferenciadas (fare bundles, em inglês) adotado pela empresa no ano passado,com a inclusão de novos serviços e comodidades aos passageiros.

Barioni anunciou também que quer levar adiante seu plano de expansão no mercado internacional. Assim, a TAM deve passar a integrar uma das três grandes alianças globais de empresas aéreas em 2008.

A TAM trabalha com cinco categorias de tarifas em seus vôos domésticos, que vão das mais baixas, que não contam milhas para seu programa de fidelidade, às mais caras que permitem a remarcação de bilhetes ou comodidades como o usa de sala vip em aeroportos. Os novos serviços e comodidades serão definidos a partir de pesquisas juntos aos clientes da empresa.

Last edited by AAEXP; Dec 1, 2007 at 11:08 am Reason: Including quote from Oglobo
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:57 pm

Obrigado!
Old Dec 1, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
[QUOTE=rrgg;8819291 TAM also formed a new partnership with LAN (oneworld). It's a little odd, even though they also work with TAP, UA, LH.[/QUOTE]

TAM has been code sharing with American for quiet awhile so combined with LAN you maybe looking at them hooking up with One World^
Old Dec 1, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by samftla
TAM has been code sharing with American for quiet awhile so combined with LAN you maybe looking at them hooking up with One World^
sorry but you have got the tense wrong - TAM had been code sharing with AA - they terminated the relationship recently and replaced it with an arrangement with UA - this combined with their recent agreements with TP and LH would seem to indicate that Star is the most likely but we will have to wait and see
Old Dec 1, 2007, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
sorry but you have got the tense wrong - TAM had been code sharing with AA - they terminated the relationship recently and replaced it with an arrangement with UA - this combined with their recent agreements with TP and LH would seem to indicate that Star is the most likely but we will have to wait and see
And added LAN around the same time.

The fact that the Barioni statement is vague makes me wonder if TAM wants the alliances to compete for them or something.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:58 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Codeshares and combined fares don't mean a whole lot. QF codeshares with OZ (*Alliance) and AF (Skyteam). LH has fares together with QF.
So it is still possible that LA and JJ codeshare and JJ joins another alliance.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
The fact that the Barioni statement is vague makes me wonder if TAM wants the alliances to compete for them or something.
Bingo ^
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Can anyone speak to JJ's C/F products? I'm looking to book award travel ex-JFK and am interested to know how it stacks up to UA's premium cabins.

Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:59 pm

In case this helps:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=tam%2A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.