Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

TAM wil be joining one of the Alliances in 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAM wil be joining one of the Alliances in 2008

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 3:27 pm

CNF- In case there's been some confusion, I was responding to his sh1982's comment about GOL with DL/AF.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Varig/GOL partners up with AA and probably OW

Just heard from a realiable source that AA will partner up with Varig/GOL. AA told it's Brazilian employees this last week. Whether that means that Varig/GOL will go into OW I do not know, but I guess we will see.

If this has been mentioned before, I am sorry, just did not have so much time to be on FT since January.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
Originally Posted by rrgg
I don't think you mean "partnership" in the sense of an alliance. I'm guessing you are referring to recent interline agreements. Is that right?

Maybe interlining implies there is more to come, but maybe not. For example, oneworld partner Iberia just announced interlining with Varig. Last year, oneworld partner LAN announced interlining with TAM. Varig has interlining with *A partner TAP.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080226/sptu002.html?.v=56
No it was more if i remember correctly DL will offer it customers the possiblity to buy GOL domestic tickets over the Delta.com website i will try to find the press release.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 5:40 pm
CNF

Programs: JJ, LH, AF, RG, IB
Originally Posted by rrgg
CNF- In case there's been some confusion, I was responding to his sh1982's comment about GOL with DL/AF.
no^

i was talking about the subject tam... not gol
(as I supose is the main theme of this discussion)
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can you earn miles with any US-based carrier with either TAM or Varig/GOL when flying domestically in Brazil?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you earn miles with any US-based carrier with either TAM or Varig/GOL when flying domestically in Brazil?
UNITED (Not EQM)

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52289,00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.