Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, SkyMiles
Yeah I flew it in premier before a few times & I just think for how dirt cheap my flight was I'd go for it. Seeing as that's pretty much my only expense on this trip it makes sense for me. But I do agree premier on aeromexico for this route at least is not much to write home about!
Old May 15, 2018, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by flyingjewels
I just got a crazy good deal on MIA-MEX-GDL for a week in july.
Crazy deal?

I've flown LAX-MEX-UIO in J. While I find their Y better than average, I find their J one of the worst in terms of ground experience, hard and soft products on board. To add insult to injury, I've got a surly crew on one of the segments.

I don't think I'll ever place bids for it.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, SkyMiles
I cancelled the upgrade request. Realized I have to renew my passport so I'll just spend the money on that.

Got round trip MIA-MEX-GDL for $211.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by maverikbc
Crazy deal?

I've flown LAX-MEX-UIO in J. While I find their Y better than average, I find their J one of the worst in terms of ground experience, hard and soft products on board. To add insult to injury, I've got a surly crew on one of the segments.

I don't think I'll ever place bids for it.
I think the quality of ground service depends on which airport. I get consistently the worst ground service from Aeromexico at MEX. Their ground staff there are just plain rude and nasty, don't even try to pretend to be nice or helpful. But at other locations, I.e. GDL, MTY, MID, I have received satisfactory ground service.

Last edited by Mama; Jun 14, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Mama
I think the quality of ground service depends on which airport. I get consistently the worst ground service from Aeromexico at MEX.
I shouldn't derail my thread by bad mouthing AM, but as a J pax, AM is garbage.

At any locations, they probably know we haven't paid a lot to fly J, they treat us J pax accordingly. At LAX, the earliest we can check bags is 3 hours prior, it doesn't matter if you're flying J or not. There's no luggage storage at LAX. I understand if it was a remote outpost, but there are tons of AM flights out of LAX.

Coming back from UIO, I couldn't thru check my bag, because my 2nd seg was leaving the following day. Unlike on TK thru IST. I picked up my luggage at MEX, I was prepared to be told that stupid 3 hours rule, but I was able to drop it even the day before, so my experience at MEX turned out to be good. UIO agent, however, didn't give me the pass for the lounge until I asked him about it, and I had to chase DL about missing miles even though I double checked with him that he had my DL#. The pax in front of me taking +10 min for docs issues. Normally, when queueing at Skypriority, whoever serving Y pax next to invites next J pax inline, but not at UIO. I probably ended up spending about half an hour trying to check in and drop my bag.

There was a 'sale' MIA-GRU AM J for $400 a couple of days ago. I tried to get it only to earn MQM for DL, not much else. If there wasn't any benefit with Medallions and Skymiles, I wouldn't have bothered even with that price.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:42 pm

Hello, I am a Club Premier Gold member with Aeromexico. I will be flying from ORD-EZE via MEX. Almost always I get upgraded to business class on the ORD-MEX route, but I heard/read that I am not eligible for complimentary upgrades on the MEX-EZE, SCL-MEX routes... Is this still the case? Do they offer exceptions once at MEX airport and if there are seats available seats? Only option I see to upgrade is the upgrade bid offer... Also, why can't I use my miles to upgrade? As an airline enthusiast and geek, I REALLY want to experience AM's B787-9 first class. Apparently, no one at either Aeromexico or Club Premier customer service centers have no idea about this. I was already able to select my AM Plus seating... *yawn*
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by racso747
Hello, I am a Club Premier Gold member with Aeromexico. I will be flying from ORD-EZE via MEX. Almost always I get upgraded to business class on the ORD-MEX route, but I heard/read that I am not eligible for complimentary upgrades on the MEX-EZE, SCL-MEX routes... Is this still the case? Do they offer exceptions once at MEX airport and if there are seats available seats? Only option I see to upgrade is the upgrade bid offer... Also, why can't I use my miles to upgrade? As an airline enthusiast and geek, I REALLY want to experience AM's B787-9 first class. Apparently, no one at either Aeromexico or Club Premier customer service centers have no idea about this. I was already able to select my AM Plus seating... *yawn*

Do you really have to do double posting?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:31 am

Oops... sorry!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Mama
Do you really have to do double posting?
Would be nice if the text was customized to this thread, but why not?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Hello, I am a Club Premier Gold member with Aeromexico. I will be flying from ORD-EZE via MEX. Almost always I get upgraded to business class on the ORD-MEX route, but I heard/read that I am not eligible for complimentary upgrades on the MEX-EZE, SCL-MEX routes... Is this still the case?
Who knows?

Do they offer exceptions once at MEX airport and if there are seats available seats? [...} As an airline enthusiast and geek, I REALLY want to experience AM's B787-9 first class.
It's fine, the 787 is great. the lie-flat seats are ... a hard plywood board with barely any padding (I bring my own).
Apparently, no one at either Aeromexico or Club Premier customer service centers have no idea about this.
I've asked about 15 times at various airports and no one seems to know if there is an official policy or not. Some reports (see Delta forums) of upgrades as far as ICN if you ask nicely-- but rare. Always glad to have more info .
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Platinum
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kthomas
Who knows?

It's fine, the 787 is great. the lie-flat seats are ... a hard plywood board with barely any padding (I bring my own).

I've asked about 15 times at various airports and no one seems to know if there is an official policy or not. Some reports (see Delta forums) of upgrades as far as ICN if you ask nicely-- but rare. Always glad to have more info .
By saying they don't know, they are trying to tell you NO in a nice way.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: VX Silver
Upgrade from CDG to MEX

Does anyone know what is normally the upgrade bid cost or upgrade offers on AM from CDG to MEX? Or perhaps from AMS or MAD? Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Does 40 USD worth it for an upgrade MEX-TGZ? Do we get lounge access ?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Does 40 USD worth it for an upgrade MEX-TGZ? Do we get lounge access ?
MEX to TGZ is probably 2 hours. It is on narrow body aircrafts. There is no food service on board for domestic flights(even in business class). You only get drinks and peanuts. And, you get a wider seat and better leg room, in the front cabin. You will have lounge access as long as you can produce a Premier class boarding pass. But their lounge is not so good in my opinion. You shoud search for reviews on their lounge to form your own opinion.
In the end, only you can decide whether $40 is woth it.

Last edited by Mama; Nov 10, 2019 at 6:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.