Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Mama
But are these free "F" seat upgrades on longhaul (787) flights? I dont think so.
BTW, AM do not have "F" seats. They have "Premier" class, which is equivalent to business class. They don't have first class. Or perhaps, you are calling domestic premier class as F. Honestly people can get domestic Premier class upgrades easily, any elite levels, or sometime none elite passengers get it.
Like i said, the domestic Premier class has no food service on board, only bigger seat and leg room for domestic flight and all on 737 airplanes (for 1, 2, 3 hours?)...big deal.
Well, I suppose it depends on what you mean by longhaul. AM will upgrade on BOG, LIM, LAX, SFO, ORD, and JFK. ICN is a different story.

Food is also pretty good on those 737s .
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kthomas
Well, I suppose it depends on what you mean by longhaul. AM will upgrade on BOG, LIM, LAX, SFO, ORD, and JFK. ICN is a different story.

Food is also pretty good on those 737s .
Ok. Tell me your ICN story then.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA EP, Hyatt Globalist
How long does it typically take for the Plusgrade offer to be approved or accepted?

I have a flight Jul 9, made an offer Jul 4. Am considering just paying for an upgrade (would cost $200 more than my offer but it's a 12 hour flight). Right now biz is 25% full.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Mama
Ok. Tell me your ICN story then.
It wasn't my ICN story.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:01 pm

It's fine, the 787 is great. the lie-flat seats are ... a hard plywood board with barely any padding (I bring my own).
Quick update to this: the 789s are much better at this point.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:57 am

Moving back to our original topic, is there any circumstance in which AM / Plusgrade would fly empty seats in F when there was an existing bid, however low?

Specifically, F cabin on a long-haul in 5 days appears entirely empty, wondering if there's any reason not to lowball it (given I do want the flatbed)?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Moving back to our original topic, is there any circumstance in which AM / Plusgrade would fly empty seats in F when there was an existing bid, however low?

Specifically, F cabin on a long-haul in 5 days appears entirely empty, wondering if there's any reason not to lowball it (given I do want the flatbed)?
All bids will be accepted if there's any space.

The minimum bid price is already inflated/adjusted based on your original booking class. This goes for all airlines using PlusGrade's system.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
All bids will be accepted if there's any space.

The minimum bid price is already inflated/adjusted based on your original booking class. This goes for all airlines using PlusGrade's system.
Nope, sorry, this is AM. Minimum bid $540 tonight, bid $575, rejected with 33 seats available at T-3h. App offered $624 tax included, I purchased that a few times in the app never took (never charged, never sent an email). Despite big signs telling you to ask about an upgrade to Class Premier, check-in agent had no way to do "no fare," eventually told me to go to the ticket desk to the right of the 7-11. (That was 90 minutes later).

30 more minutes, after looking at various charts, and much discussion, I was charged something around the offer price above, in MXN. And-- lo and behold-- the Panasonic inflight internet works, the coffee machine works, and a steak will be coming soon.

Well, knock on the plastic veneer.

Last edited by kthomas; Jul 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Old Jul 20, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Nope, sorry, this is AM. Minimum bid $540 tonight, bid $575, rejected with 33 seats available. App offered $624 tax included, I purchased a few times in the app never took (never charged, never sent an email). Despite big signs telling you to ask about an upgrade to Class Premier, check-in agent had no way to do "no fare," eventually told me to go to the ticket desk to the right of the 7-11. (That was 90 minutes later).

30 more minutes, after looking at various charts, and much discussion, I was charged something around the offer price above, in MXN. And-- lo and behold-- the Panasonic inflight internet works, the coffee machine works, and a steak will be coming soon.

Well, knock on the plastic veneer.
Is this a long-haul route? I mean you're getting short haul routes for free anyways as a DL elite
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Is this a long-haul route? I mean you're getting short haul routes for free anyways as a DL elite
We should be under 12 hours tonight . The beef option has been downgraded to a cheeseburger-- let me head across the cabin, I see if anyone took the pasta. And yeah, it's a great price, 'cept I was stuck paying it for everyone on the PNR.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:31 am

Hi all,

We have a flight from Madrid to Cancun upcoming on October 2nd - and we are planning to bid for an upgrade. Anyone had any experience upgrading on a similar flight? The cost per person was around 500 dollars and the cost for the same business class ticket was 1400 dollars. So i am wondering what a suitable bid would be.

Thanks everyone! We will let you know how it goes - fingers crossed!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Legoncito
So i am wondering what a suitable bid would be.
depends on the loadfactor and what others are willing to bet

Originally Posted by Legoncito
The cost per person was around 500 dollars and the cost for the same business class ticket was 1400 dollars.
be aware that if you bought basic fares , you can't make a bid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.