Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by Flypremium
@ maverikbc: If you have upcoming flights with AM and MU I'd totally recommand you to credit them at Skymiles since both get you 100% mqm rate, even the cheapest economy RBD (if you are interested in status).
Do watch out because Q and Z fares on MU do not earn anything (0%)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
I've been flying 40% ST, 40% *A, 10% OW, 10% something else (e.g. Southwest, etc), so I'm not aiming to reach any status. However, I signed up with OZ last year, they have 10-yr hard expire and pretty easy to reach *A Silver and Gold.

For my upcoming AM trip, I think I have an R fare, which I have to double check with the call center since I'm not finding anywhere on documents, and T fare with MU.

KE has 10-yr hard expire, I'll look into it. Since I can no longer earn DL trips with AS, I've been looking for a good place to credit within ST.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

If you have upcoming flights with AM and MU I'd totally recommand you to credit them at Skymiles since both get you 100% mqm rate, even the cheapest economy RBD (if you are interested in status).
I once declined your suggestion to credit my upcoming 2 long haul trips this year to DL, but I learned that we can earn MQM 100% with my fares with AM and MU. With YVR-MEX-LIM-MEX-YVR, and YVR-PVG-DEL-PVG-YVR, I should earn more than 25k for MQM, I should qualify for Silver Medallion next year.

When I fly ST, I almost never know whether I take 2 long haul trips with them in a year or the first trip happens near the end of the year, so I've never thought of crediting to DL.

I also found good Y award tickets availability with DL YVR-HAV RT for 35k, I'll aim to redeem it. Thanks again for this wonderful idea.

I haven't found any posted policy on DL ST Elite members eligible for upgrades on non DL flights, but with a few data point with AM on this thread, I'll continue my research.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Plat - Oman Gold - Alaska MVP - Alitalia Ulisse | Accor Gold - Hilton Silver | Hertz PC
I haven't flown AM yet (first flight next month to BOG) so I don't know how the upgrade policy actually works. I have read mixed comments so I really don't know what to expect yet.

Regarding other partners, I believe that as a DL Silver you'd have similar perks as a Flying Blue Silver when flying AF-KL, such as discounted "preferred"/Comfort seats etc.

More than 25k = on top of Silver Medallion you will benefit the rollover policy and start 2018 with the extra miles earned this year.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maverikbc
YVR-MEX leg buy now is USD290, MEX-LIM leg buy now is USD205, both August and September, both inbound and outbound. All segments minimum bid is USD155.
With my departure coming up within a week, I started receiving promo emails from AM, upselling Upgrade and AM Plus (premium Y).

Buy now prices are still same, but now the minimum bid starts at USD160 all legs. It may be due to exchange rate with MXN. AM Plus goes for CAD88 for YVR-MEX, CAD75 for MEX-LIM.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by maverikbc
With my departure coming up within a week, I started receiving promo emails from AM, upselling Upgrade and AM Plus (premium Y).

Buy now prices are still same, but now the minimum bid starts at USD160 all legs. It may be due to exchange rate with MXN. AM Plus goes for CAD88 for YVR-MEX, CAD75 for MEX-LIM.
I also have a minimum bid option for IAD-MEX of $160... Since it's a 1:30am flight i will probably take it (unless anyone know if this number goes down AT OLCI) there are 5 seats available in J> I have two bags to check so its not a bad price IMO.

AM Plus is $75.

tried optiontown but it wasn't available thru there..
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theboss7593
I also have a minimum bid option for IAD-MEX of $160... Since it's a 1:30am flight i will probably take it (unless anyone know if this number goes down AT OLCI) there are 5 seats available in J> I have two bags to check so its not a bad price IMO.

AM Plus is $75.

tried optiontown but it wasn't available thru there..
If you have 2 bags to check, it'll definitely worth upgrading to j. I'd grab them with buy now option. I doubt minimum bid will go down.

At time of online check in, there were still no free seats, about 80% of people paid at least usd30 to choose their seats. I was like if they pay that much for regular seats, why not just upgrade to am Plus? At yvr, the line moved painfully slow (30Min, no kiosks), but I've got a middle exit seat and an aisle for MEX-LIM for free. It's strange they're generous about booze and hot meals, but not seat selections.

No, am doesn't use optiontown, although it's exactly the same business model.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: avios, baec, iberia
I'm travelling LHR-MEX in November and thought id look into this bidding, does the minimum bid ever go down? Its currently about 30% higher than the price difference between buying economy and BIZ, thought you'd be able to put in a fairly respectable low bid of 400$ just in the off chance rather than 900 per leg
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

There haven't been any data points about min bid gone down. Whats the current min bid and buy now option?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:20 am
Suspended

However I was also told that I have to call them in order to get the E+ benefits such as preferred seats... How 2017 that sounds...
Welcome to Skyteam where the system is not as high tech as Star Alliance.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:16 pm
Suspended

@ maverikbc: If you have upcoming flights with AM and MU I'd totally recommand you to credit them at Skymiles since both get you 100% mqm rate, even the cheapest economy RBD (if you are interested in status).
100% mqm on Skymiles, but $0 towards minimum qualifying spending.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:07 am

upgrading worth it?

I upgrading to premier if you have to pay 205 usd worth it for an over night flight from yvr-mex
then it is 35 for mex-merida

I am debating about bidding
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdophoto
I upgrading to premier if you have to pay 205 usd worth it for an over night flight from yvr-mex
then it is 35 for mex-merida

I am debating about bidding
Aren't they buy-now prices? If not, how much are they?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
Flying on Monday MEX-EZE and coming back Friday. Minimum upgrade bid is 980 USD which I think is excessive since I was able to upgrade three years ago from MEX-GRU for about 500 USD. Does anyone know if AM offers complimentary upgrades on long-haul routes to Delta DMs?
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by gelizon
Flying on Monday MEX-EZE and coming back Friday. Minimum upgrade bid is 980 USD which I think is excessive since I was able to upgrade three years ago from MEX-GRU for about 500 USD. Does anyone know if AM offers complimentary upgrades on long-haul routes to Delta DMs?
$980?!? Crud, I was hoping a bit less. Please ask about the upgrades for STE+ and report back, though I doubt it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.