Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Reply

Old May 10, 18, 12:30 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MCO/FLL/MIA
Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, SkyMiles
Posts: 7
Yeah I flew it in premier before a few times & I just think for how dirt cheap my flight was I'd go for it. Seeing as that's pretty much my only expense on this trip it makes sense for me. But I do agree premier on aeromexico for this route at least is not much to write home about!
flyingjewels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 18, 7:13 pm
  #62  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: DL Gold, HU Gold, IHG Gold, AA Plat Pro (temp)
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by flyingjewels View Post
I just got a crazy good deal on MIA-MEX-GDL for a week in july.
Crazy deal?

I've flown LAX-MEX-UIO in J. While I find their Y better than average, I find their J one of the worst in terms of ground experience, hard and soft products on board. To add insult to injury, I've got a surly crew on one of the segments.

I don't think I'll ever place bids for it.
maverikbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 18, 7:15 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MCO/FLL/MIA
Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, SkyMiles
Posts: 7
I cancelled the upgrade request. Realized I have to renew my passport so I'll just spend the money on that.

Got round trip MIA-MEX-GDL for $211.
flyingjewels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 2:42 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
Crazy deal?

I've flown LAX-MEX-UIO in J. While I find their Y better than average, I find their J one of the worst in terms of ground experience, hard and soft products on board. To add insult to injury, I've got a surly crew on one of the segments.

I don't think I'll ever place bids for it.
I think the quality of ground service depends on which airport. I get consistently the worst ground service from Aeromexico at MEX. Their ground staff there are just plain rude and nasty, don't even try to pretend to be nice or helpful. But at other locations, I.e. GDL, MTY, MID, I have received satisfactory ground service.

Last edited by Mama; Jun 14, 18 at 3:52 pm
Mama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 9:31 pm
  #65  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: DL Gold, HU Gold, IHG Gold, AA Plat Pro (temp)
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I think the quality of ground service depends on which airport. I get consistently the worst ground service from Aeromexico at MEX.
I shouldn't derail my thread by bad mouthing AM, but as a J pax, AM is garbage.

At any locations, they probably know we haven't paid a lot to fly J, they treat us J pax accordingly. At LAX, the earliest we can check bags is 3 hours prior, it doesn't matter if you're flying J or not. There's no luggage storage at LAX. I understand if it was a remote outpost, but there are tons of AM flights out of LAX.

Coming back from UIO, I couldn't thru check my bag, because my 2nd seg was leaving the following day. Unlike on TK thru IST. I picked up my luggage at MEX, I was prepared to be told that stupid 3 hours rule, but I was able to drop it even the day before, so my experience at MEX turned out to be good. UIO agent, however, didn't give me the pass for the lounge until I asked him about it, and I had to chase DL about missing miles even though I double checked with him that he had my DL#. The pax in front of me taking +10 min for docs issues. Normally, when queueing at Skypriority, whoever serving Y pax next to invites next J pax inline, but not at UIO. I probably ended up spending about half an hour trying to check in and drop my bag.

There was a 'sale' MIA-GRU AM J for $400 a couple of days ago. I tried to get it only to earn MQM for DL, not much else. If there wasn't any benefit with Medallions and Skymiles, I wouldn't have bothered even with that price.
kthomas likes this.
maverikbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 18, 2:42 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Hello, I am a Club Premier Gold member with Aeromexico. I will be flying from ORD-EZE via MEX. Almost always I get upgraded to business class on the ORD-MEX route, but I heard/read that I am not eligible for complimentary upgrades on the MEX-EZE, SCL-MEX routes... Is this still the case? Do they offer exceptions once at MEX airport and if there are seats available seats? Only option I see to upgrade is the upgrade bid offer... Also, why can't I use my miles to upgrade? As an airline enthusiast and geek, I REALLY want to experience AM's B787-9 first class. Apparently, no one at either Aeromexico or Club Premier customer service centers have no idea about this. I was already able to select my AM Plus seating... *yawn*
racso747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 18, 2:05 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by racso747 View Post
Hello, I am a Club Premier Gold member with Aeromexico. I will be flying from ORD-EZE via MEX. Almost always I get upgraded to business class on the ORD-MEX route, but I heard/read that I am not eligible for complimentary upgrades on the MEX-EZE, SCL-MEX routes... Is this still the case? Do they offer exceptions once at MEX airport and if there are seats available seats? Only option I see to upgrade is the upgrade bid offer... Also, why can't I use my miles to upgrade? As an airline enthusiast and geek, I REALLY want to experience AM's B787-9 first class. Apparently, no one at either Aeromexico or Club Premier customer service centers have no idea about this. I was already able to select my AM Plus seating... *yawn*

Do you really have to do double posting?
Mama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 18, 10:31 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Oops... sorry!
racso747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:48 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Earth (non-US)
Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Posts: 970
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Do you really have to do double posting?
Would be nice if the text was customized to this thread, but why not?
kthomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:54 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Earth (non-US)
Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Posts: 970
Originally Posted by racso747 View Post
Hello, I am a Club Premier Gold member with Aeromexico. I will be flying from ORD-EZE via MEX. Almost always I get upgraded to business class on the ORD-MEX route, but I heard/read that I am not eligible for complimentary upgrades on the MEX-EZE, SCL-MEX routes... Is this still the case?
Who knows?

Originally Posted by racso747 View Post
Do they offer exceptions once at MEX airport and if there are seats available seats? [...} As an airline enthusiast and geek, I REALLY want to experience AM's B787-9 first class.
It's fine, the 787 is great. the lie-flat seats are ... a hard plywood board with barely any padding (I bring my own).
Originally Posted by racso747 View Post
Apparently, no one at either Aeromexico or Club Premier customer service centers have no idea about this.
I've asked about 15 times at various airports and no one seems to know if there is an official policy or not. Some reports (see Delta forums) of upgrades as far as ICN if you ask nicely-- but rare. Always glad to have more info .
kthomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 19, 10:41 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 5
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?
axr12345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:56 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
Who knows?

It's fine, the 787 is great. the lie-flat seats are ... a hard plywood board with barely any padding (I bring my own).

I've asked about 15 times at various airports and no one seems to know if there is an official policy or not. Some reports (see Delta forums) of upgrades as far as ICN if you ask nicely-- but rare. Always glad to have more info .
By saying they don't know, they are trying to tell you NO in a nice way.
Mama is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread