Royal Jordanian

Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by flyerby

Did you get a free exist row also in the return?
I did not on my AMM-ORD flight this week. Service in AMM was apathetic at best. At the transit desk I was told all exists were taken (without looking on the computer), so I tried again the lounge and they tried to charge me US$20 for a bulkhead seat. Apparently OWE status doesn't mean anything with them. This experience makes me hesitant to fly them again.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
@Rami Tamimi & @flyerby

thanx a lot !!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I did not on my AMM-ORD flight this week. Service in AMM was apathetic at best. At the transit desk I was told all exists were taken (without looking on the computer), so I tried again the lounge and they tried to charge me US$20 for a bulkhead seat. Apparently OWE status doesn't mean anything with them. This experience makes me hesitant to fly them again.
As I said before, there is no entitlement to get emergency exit/bulkhead row seats for RJ/OW elites. If you are nice to them, the agent is in the mood and the load permits, you will get it, but you can't blame an agent for going by the book.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Hi, I am BA Gold OWE , but I never managed to get exit row/ bulk head seats with QR & MH, sometimes I do get them with AA ,CX or UL. I guess there are times when they want to / have to give it their highest tier members.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi

You will get a regional version of the amenity kit on the DXB flight, but I have not been on the AMS flight for so long, so I can't remember if they hand out the "long haul" version, (like they do on the LHR flights).
No regional amenity kit on my AMM-ALG flight (longer than AMM-DXB)...no meals plated at the seat...no FA in traditional Jordanian dress. It seems that RJ has slashed the product quite a bit.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
No regional amenity kit on my AMM-ALG flight (longer than AMM-DXB)...no meals plated at the seat...no FA in traditional Jordanian dress. It seems that RJ has slashed the product quite a bit.

Thanx for the input.
With UL I flew dxb-cmb-hkg (dxb-cmb flight sold as A330-300 & operational ac was A330-200 no kits) (cmb-dxb was A320 & again no kits)
I am flying in the weekend. Shall report back about the service & amenities. A319 ams-amm & A320 amm-dxb.
Shall inform also about the lounge.
I don't really mind whether the crew are dressed in traditional outfits or not. Safety & their comfort imo are of paramount importance.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by diamantaire
I don't really mind whether the crew are dressed in traditional outfits or not. Safety & their comfort imo are of paramount importance.
I agree, but my point is that RJ really provided a unique experience with meals plated at the seat and a strong Jordanian focus from the menus to the attire and even gifts prior to landing (discontinued sometime ago). All of this has been slashed to the bone sadly.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I agree, but my point is that RJ really provided a unique experience with meals plated at the seat and a strong Jordanian focus from the menus to the attire and even gifts prior to landing (discontinued sometime ago). All of this has been slashed to the bone sadly.
But on the other hand their prices went down from a few years ago.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby

But on the other hand their prices went down from a few years ago.
I don't really mind if the standard is down a bit , if they lower the price for mid haul sector like dxb (ex-eu).

Previously when I used to fly premium class with QR , their service onboard was worst than ryanair, in al safa at 5 or 6 am they agree to serve u dishes on the menu but run out of things that compliment the dish !! There on ground operations is worst then that of the poorest 3rd world country & their attitude to their short comings shows arrogance !!

I know rj is not top notch on board & on ground , but I am not paying the top buck. I know what to expect. They do not brag about being a 5* airline & deliver -5* services & their CEO doesn't boast of new routes (Las etc ) & never commencing them.

With rj I assume (my first experience with them) the tier point (baec) to Euro ratio is reasonable & expectations low, hence nothing to lose.

On the other hand with QR & ek only to lose

Last edited by diamantaire; Mar 28, 2018 at 4:40 am
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
As I said before, there is no entitlement to get emergency exit/bulkhead row seats for RJ/OW elites. If you are nice to them, the agent is in the mood and the load permits, you will get it, but you can't blame an agent for going by the book.
I appreciate the clarification. I should have done more thorough research beforehand. Now I know for next time.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:33 am

Flew ams-amm (a319) :
-The food : very good
-The service onboard: very good , the crew were attentive & friendly, (fyi , not dressed in traditional attire)
-the downside : not the best amenity kits, luckily carried my own stuff.

At amm :
-the security screening : the guy panics on seeing my laptop & insisted I had another laptop !! (Which wasn't the case)
- the lounge : agent at the entrance was friendly , there were not much veg food options, the showers were out of service. Was not very busy while I was there. Would have personally preferred if it hasn't been an open air lounge . Decent lounge , but the next time would opt for a shortr lay over.

Flew amm-dxb (a320):
-The food : very good
-The service onboard :very good , the crew were attentive & friendly, (fyi , not dressed in traditional attire)
-the downside : not the best amenity kits, luckily carried my own stuff, the same as the flight from ams-amm

All in all was pleasantly surprised by the good experience, wouldn't actually mind flying them again. The only thing I wish they would fly out from bru in the future.
ps107 and Great_circle like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond + 1MM; AA Gold; UA Gold
I have flown YUL - AMM three times in the past few months, all in J. At check-in I have noticed an option to "buy-up" to J from Y every time. Does anybody have any experience with buying up at check-in? What typically is the cost? Is the buy-up option frequently available JFK-AMM AMM-JFK and ORD-AMM AMM-ORD or only DTW / YUL?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:11 pm

posting time

How long does it usyally take for rj miles to post to AA. I have seen some threads from a decade ago saying they may never. Is that still an issue? My splurge on rj J is the lynchpin in my status strategy for this year so im hoping for no trouble....
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by danielm
How long does it usyally take for rj miles to post to AA. I have seen some threads from a decade ago saying they may never. Is that still an issue? My splurge on rj J is the lynchpin in my status strategy for this year so im hoping for no trouble....
If it is anything like BAEC, keep your boarding passes.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by danielm
Never automatically posted. Had to wait 30 days and then manually posted by CS. My friend on same record had to send in boarding passes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.