Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, National Executive
Omni is currently offering automatic upgrades to Platinum status...received the email below earlier today.

Exclusive Offer

Omni Hotels & Resorts and Sony Music invite you to upgrade to Platinum Level and start earning free nights twice as fast!

In partnership with Sony Music and to celebrate Miranda Lambert's new album, Platinum, featuring the hit single, "Automatic," and duet with Carrie Underwood, "Somthin' Bad," we invite you to upgrade your Select Guest status.

Simply, make a reservation by June 30, using promo code Platinum for stays before July 31, to be automatically upgraded to Platinum Level in Omni's Select Guest Loyalty program.

Terms and Conditions: Book a qualified stay by June 30, 2014 and stay between 6/5/14 and 7/31/14. Must be a Select Guest Gold level member at time of booking. Must use promotional code Platinum during booking. Please allow 30 days after check-out for your membership to reflect the Platinum upgrade on future stays. Platinum tier status subject to annual tier qualification criteria outlined in the Select Guest program terms. View full terms. Not valid on existing reservations or past stays. Based on availability.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:21 pm
bbd

Originally Posted by st7n
Omni is currently offering automatic upgrades to Platinum status...received the email below earlier today.

Exclusive Offer

Omni Hotels & Resorts and Sony Music invite you to upgrade to Platinum Level and start earning free nights twice as fast!

In partnership with Sony Music and to celebrate Miranda Lambert's new album, Platinum, featuring the hit single, "Automatic," and duet with Carrie Underwood, "Somthin' Bad," we invite you to upgrade your Select Guest status.

Simply, make a reservation by June 30, using promo code Platinum for stays before July 31, to be automatically upgraded to Platinum Level in Omni's Select Guest Loyalty program.

Terms and Conditions: Book a qualified stay by June 30, 2014 and stay between 6/5/14 and 7/31/14. Must be a Select Guest Gold level member at time of booking. Must use promotional code Platinum during booking. Please allow 30 days after check-out for your membership to reflect the Platinum upgrade on future stays. Platinum tier status subject to annual tier qualification criteria outlined in the Select Guest program terms. View full terms. Not valid on existing reservations or past stays. Based on availability.

Details here
http://www.omnihotels.com/SpecialsAn...eTheMusic.aspx

To bad i just became a plat.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Omni status match with Marriott?

Does Omni have a status match? What level would they match Marriott Platinum to, if so?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I just stayed at the Omni in downtown Austin and have to say, was VERY impressive with the quality of service and attention to detal. Stayed on the club level was very much impressed with the food for Breakfast and the afternoon drinks and snacks. Much better then what I get at Sheraton. I need to start looking for a better chain of hotels when I travel.
I agree that Starwood has let down the Sheraton Brand generally at a number of properties. They have truly lost their way
Poor amenities ,high prices and properties that can be in poor condition They don't take human resources and training as seriously as other hotel companies.
The international properties are typically clearly better
The problem with Omni isn't the properties which can be very good but the crappy program
Also Omni management who is clueless about loyalty
Even Radisson does it better
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:50 am

Omni Hotels doesnt Status Matches anymore since about 2 years.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:41 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Omni lost me completely when they took over the Westin Providence. The drop in service from Westin to Omni was immediate and glaring.

I'd also had so many service and operational issues at the weak Omni New Haven property (but still the nicest hard product and location in town) that I now prefer the consistency and better service at the Courtyard Marriott there. It says a lot when a Courtyard offers a more consistent and better service product than an Omni.

The only positive example I've had with Omni was their Royal Crescent property in New Orleans when there for a national conference some years ago. The service was outstanding, the room quality was pretty good, and the location was fantastic.

Personally, I don't think Omni will last too much longer as a stand-alone company. I assume they will be bought out by one of the bigger chains (Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood seem most likely) and either added as a new brand within that major chain or converted into other brands within that portfolio.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by st7n
Did this last year so have Platinim status. Have a trip booked for the 4th at the Omni Nashville, which seems to stay pretty full...and reserved the room rate and view I wanted. One of the Platinum perks is Room Upgades at Checkin **Based on Availability. The next higher room rate is double ($600 vs $300) so it seems like an upgrade would be very unlikely, especially since the upgrade can only be requested at checkin. Do they plan at all for Platinum and above who have reservations to ask for upgrades?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Omni lost me completely when they took over the Westin Providence. The drop in service from Westin to Omni was immediate and glaring.
I'm surprised to read this. We have friends in Providence and head down often for week-ends. I've generally been impressed with the Omni there. Aside from the ugly ceilings and the aging gym, the hotel is the best we've found in Providence. Location is good, rooms are spacious, but I think the west tower is much nicer than the east tower. The east tower just seemed dark and depressing.

The only Omni that I thought was really bad was the Shoreham in DC. I know they're going for 'vintage', but it was just tacky and run down.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:34 pm

Sharing my experience- plat premier and lifetime plat member with Marriott. On July 22, 2015, Omni still would not do a status match challenge. I will look elsewhere to diversify my hotel stays.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I just signed up for Select Guest in anticipation of a 2 night stay next week. The eligibility for the Gold amenities is confusing. It says benefits like complimentary pressing, bottled water, etc come on your "Second stay & 2-9 nights". So do I get them based on the fact that it is a two night stay, or do I not get them because it is my first stay?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Those benefits will start with your 2nd stay.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
Omni Hotels doesnt Status Matches anymore since about 2 years.
Agree, they don't. I have the opportunity to shift to Omni giving them several thousand $'s of new revenue but they weren't interested. Oh well, their loss
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:52 am

Omni Select Guest only gives credit for reservations made through its website or by calling it, according to the Select Guest representative today. She told me that because my reservation was made through a non-Omni website, I will not receive credit for my stay, even though I called the hotel as soon as I made the reservation to make sure that my Select Guest number was on my reservation, and when I checked in and checked out of the hotel the front desk clerk told me that my membership number was on my reservation.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Yes, that is correct and the T&Cs confirm as much: "Benefits of membership will only be awarded on Qualifying Stays. Qualifying means that your reservation is made directly with us (via web or phone) and not through sites such as Hotwire.com, Priceline.com, Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.com, Orbitz.com, etc."

What with lowest price guarantees, most if not all hotel chains are no longer crediting bookings through third parties.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:12 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I'm surprised to read this. We have friends in Providence and head down often for week-ends. I've generally been impressed with the Omni there. Aside from the ugly ceilings and the aging gym, the hotel is the best we've found in Providence. Location is good, rooms are spacious, but I think the west tower is much nicer than the east tower. The east tower just seemed dark and depressing.

The only Omni that I thought was really bad was the Shoreham in DC. I know they're going for 'vintage', but it was just tacky and run down.
The hard product for the Omni Providence is nice--which was equally true when it was the Westin. But the new bed definitely was not as nice...and the service is appallingly bad. I've switched to the much nicer Renaissance Providence for all stays.

I had even worse issues at the Omni New Haven. We once even had no running hot water. And another time had door knobs falling off and multiple remote controls that had no working batteries. We now stay at the Courtyard!

Last edited by bhrubin; Nov 26, 2016 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.