FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Hotel Chains (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains-431/)
-   -   Omni Hotels Select Guest program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/424766-omni-hotels-select-guest-program.html)

chakakohn Apr 22, 2005 3:14 pm

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Anyone used this program - is it worth it? I just signed up and am staying there next month through a Priceline bid. Probably won't get any rewards for that stay, but will at least try.

777 global mile hound Apr 24, 2005 8:59 am

Originally Posted by chakakohn
Anyone used this program - is it worth it? I just signed up and am staying there next month through a Priceline bid. Probably won't get any rewards for that stay, but will at least try.

NO MILES TILL YOU HAVE TAKEN A NUMBER OF STAYS :(
Otherwise you have to pay high rates to earn
NO PLINE credit

chakakohn Apr 24, 2005 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
NO MILES TILL YOU HAVE TAKEN A NUMBER OF STAYS :(
Otherwise you have to pay high rates to earn
NO PLINE credit

I have a cert for a room upgrade - think they will take this?

777 global mile hound Apr 24, 2005 12:58 pm

I have a cert for a room upgrade - think they will take this?

I highly doubt it.But it never hurts to ask politely.The worst they can do is say no
I have found in the past that often being polite and finding positive elements about the hotel if there are any :) to convey during conversation can yield wonders with or without a certificate.
Especially if they are slow.
I have come back and booked directly with a hotel if I liked the hotel I booked on Priceline.This happened recently where Pline pulled a hotel from its offerings.There replacements were awful in that market
It will now be costing me double to stay there now.But I can get full benefits and upgrades not to mention full cancel policies
Cheers good luck !

chakakohn Apr 24, 2005 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I highly doubt it.But it never hurts to ask politely.The worst they can do is say no
I have found in the past that often being polite and finding positive elements about the hotel if there are any :) to convey during conversation can yield wonders with or without a certificate.
Especially if they are slow.
I have come back and booked directly with a hotel if I liked the hotel I booked on Priceline.This happened recently where Pline pulled a hotel from its offerings.There replacements were awful in that market
It will now be costing me double to stay there now.But I can get full benefits and upgrades not to mention full cancel policies
Cheers good luck !

True - I have done the same. Can't beat the Priceline price, but sometimes I want to be sure where I am staying.

MFLetou Apr 27, 2005 3:49 pm

They offer 50% off a weekend stay when you first sign up...but when I actually tried to use it...guess what? No availability.

TR35R Apr 28, 2005 7:23 am

Ditto,They've denied my pleas :(

gmax58 May 2, 2005 2:08 pm

So far, have a good experience with setting up a weekend 50% (and an upgrade) at the William Penn (PIT) - reservation done over the phone. Hopefully, it stays, because I'm liking the idea of a junior suite at $65 (all-in) :)

DallasBill May 4, 2005 2:57 pm

We stayed at the Omni Cancun last fall on a charity auction bid I won. The Select Guest membership got us a free pot of coffee and orange juice each morning.

gmax58 May 8, 2005 9:03 pm

chakakohn,

I'm curious what your experience is there, because I am going to be staying at an Omni (Dallas, Park West) in July; I'm curious how they treat guests who reserved rooms off of third-party/opaque websites.

(Also, in some cases for leisure travelers, it's better to use the 50% off coupon and get the leisure rate offered by the hotel, because it may actually save a decent amount of money, but YMMV.)

Monique345 May 9, 2005 1:44 am

Been a select guest for awhile now.. One thing I can say at the Omni is they will bend over backwards to help you.. I've stayed TWICE on priceline stays and TWICE on calls.. Everytime I've either been given something free or upgraded just for asking.

San Francisco Omni $65.00 both times (Priceline) I stayed there..and was upgraded to a two room suite..

San Diego Omni $99.00 a night (used 50% coupon), upgraded to their top floor, corner suite, overlooking the ballpark. Also came back every night with a turn down, w/ chocolate as well as a box of chocolate and fruit our last night with a handwritten thank you.

New Orleans $99.00 a night (used 50% coupon), received a great high floor room, and free breakfast every day.

As always,, got our juice and soda in the morning w/ the paper.. which is always nice, Early checkin and late check out (5:00 pm) is WONDERFUL for those sleep in last days.. Free use of their fitness center (The san fran one always had free fruit), business center (Here you can log on, check email, print out stuff etc), etc all made it worth while.

All in all the benefits are great when you are there.. if it's special ocassion, let them know.. they'll try to make it the best for you.. Above all be SUPER NICE and ASK if you want something.. I've never been told no.

-Monique

chakakohn May 12, 2005 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Monique345
Been a select guest for awhile now.. One thing I can say at the Omni is they will bend over backwards to help you.. I've stayed TWICE on priceline stays and TWICE on calls.. Everytime I've either been given something free or upgraded just for asking.

San Francisco Omni $65.00 both times (Priceline) I stayed there..and was upgraded to a two room suite..

San Diego Omni $99.00 a night (used 50% coupon), upgraded to their top floor, corner suite, overlooking the ballpark. Also came back every night with a turn down, w/ chocolate as well as a box of chocolate and fruit our last night with a handwritten thank you.

New Orleans $99.00 a night (used 50% coupon), received a great high floor room, and free breakfast every day.

As always,, got our juice and soda in the morning w/ the paper.. which is always nice, Early checkin and late check out (5:00 pm) is WONDERFUL for those sleep in last days.. Free use of their fitness center (The san fran one always had free fruit), business center (Here you can log on, check email, print out stuff etc), etc all made it worth while.

All in all the benefits are great when you are there.. if it's special ocassion, let them know.. they'll try to make it the best for you.. Above all be SUPER NICE and ASK if you want something.. I've never been told no.

-Monique

Did you call ahead with the room upgrade cert or just present it when you checked in? I am staying there in a week and will post if they accept the cert even though I made the reservation through Priceline.

Thanks

777 global mile hound May 12, 2005 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Monique345

-Monique

Welcome to Flyertalk !!
Official home of the miles and points world.Thank you for sharing your experience and endorsement of a chain that offers some very fine properties yet seems to go under the radar.

pitsheel May 12, 2005 7:56 am

Definately sign up... i've had great luck at the william penn (Pittsburgh) the weekend after I signed up... free upgrade, great service.

777 global mile hound May 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by pitsheel
Definately sign up... i've had great luck at the william penn (Pittsburgh) the weekend after I signed up... free upgrade, great service.

Thanks for the helpful input I am planning to sign up in their program and give them a few stays to see if it might work as a new alternative to some of the other brands I frequent.
I would like to see Omni create more interest in their brand and program by creating a better marketing effort.
Its very dated and limited in the current approach.
Though it still works to some degree just the way it is.I might add they were very guest friendly on the phone with a can do attitude.
That set the tone for me to give the brand a try.