Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA,DL. HL,MC. ZL,ZE.
Thought I would share my only OMNI experience...even though it was March of last year. (2004)

I booked the OMNI CNN Center in Atlanta at a AAA rate that was available during a large convention. (Booked that almost a year in advance.) I then signed up for the Select Guest Program. My membership kit came with a certificate good or a room upgrade. My colleague did the same thing and also got a cerificate in the membership kit. We both called and had the upgrade request noted in our reservation.

When "D-day" finally came, my colleague arrived early in the afternoon and was upgraded to a large suite with a seperate parlor overlooking Centennial Park. He called down to the front desk and thanked them for the upgrade and asked if they could see to it that his "boss", (me!) also get a nice room to avoid any embarrasment. They were more than happy to accomodate and noted I would be arriving around 10pm.

I showed up and was given the suite directly under his, also with a beautiful view. The hotel had even placed a sandwich plate with fresh fruit, cheeses and sparkling water in the room. (Free daily continental breakfast via room service was also an extra perk for program members.)

I was planning to move to another hotel to be with a group after a few days and quickly asked about extending my stay. I was told the hotel was sold out, but was waitlisted. Eventually, after a day or two of asking, they were able to extend my stay at the same rate.

To top it off, they never bothered to take my coupon!!!!
Old May 16, 2005, 8:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by mia_marlin
Thought I would share my only OMNI experience...even though it was March of last year. (2004)

I booked the OMNI CNN Center in Atlanta at a AAA rate that was available during a large convention. (Booked that almost a year in advance.) I then signed up for the Select Guest Program. My membership kit came with a certificate good or a room upgrade. My colleague did the same thing and also got a cerificate in the membership kit. We both called and had the upgrade request noted in our reservation.

When "D-day" finally came, my colleague arrived early in the afternoon and was upgraded to a large suite with a seperate parlor overlooking Centennial Park. He called down to the front desk and thanked them for the upgrade and asked if they could see to it that his "boss", (me!) also get a nice room to avoid any embarrasment. They were more than happy to accomodate and noted I would be arriving around 10pm.

I showed up and was given the suite directly under his, also with a beautiful view. The hotel had even placed a sandwich plate with fresh fruit, cheeses and sparkling water in the room. (Free daily continental breakfast via room service was also an extra perk for program members.)

I was planning to move to another hotel to be with a group after a few days and quickly asked about extending my stay. I was told the hotel was sold out, but was waitlisted. Eventually, after a day or two of asking, they were able to extend my stay at the same rate.

To top it off, they never bothered to take my coupon!!!!
sold I'm joining
Old May 30, 2005, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Great Deal

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I stayed at the Omni in Atlanta and was very pleased. We had a large group and had won 8 rooms off Priceline for one night for $56 each. Not bad at all. I also had a room upgrade cert that they tried to honor, but there were no suites available. She did give me a key to the concierge level that offered free food and drinks. Unfortunately, my 2 year old got sick that afternoon and had 104 degree fever and we were unable to take advantage of this. I have been told it is quite nice. All in all I was very happy with the stay and shocked that they would honor the upgrade since it was a Priceline room. They also honored all other benefits that come with being a "Select Guest" with them. I will definitely go out of my way to stay there again.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:55 pm

Miles at Omni?

What have people's experience been with earning miles at Omni?

The Select Guest brochure says that "qualifying rates" earn 500 miles per stay. What have qualified rates been, in practice? Does the 50% cert rate qualify?

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Duckman
What have people's experience been with earning miles at Omni?

The Select Guest brochure says that "qualifying rates" earn 500 miles per stay. What have qualified rates been, in practice? Does the 50% cert rate qualify?

Thanks!
Hello duck guy.No discounted rates apply.
After 4 stays and becoming gold most discounted rates apply
The 50% rate will not qualify as I understand it.
However with that said it is always best to call for exact up to date clarification.
Being that you are a frequent stay guest at the top tiers there is a good chance they might consider comping you elite status.
That would open the door for your earning at most rates.I am planning to stay with Omni too.
I've heard great things about the hotels overall.
I'm a huge fan of the Rib Room in New Orleans located in one of their hotels
Cheers and quack quack

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 6, 2005 at 6:45 pm
Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:57 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Just a correction to the last post: After talking with the Front Office Manager in St. Louis, she told me that Gold status normally takes effect after 6 stays. However, discounted rates seem to apply towards the stay requirement for Gold.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by gmax58
Just a correction to the last post: After talking with the Front Office Manager in St. Louis, she told me that Gold status normally takes effect after 6 stays. However, discounted rates seem to apply towards the stay requirement for Gold.
You are correct my apologies.I'm the guilty party here.
While discounted stays may earn stay credit they don't earn miles till Gold.
With that said you might be able to do even better with asking for an elite status match...........
Hear Omni is doing great in the demand dept for rooms.They have a very good reputation.
Plan to start using them more if things go well.
I like their old fashioned guest friendly ways.Reminds me of Westin in the good old days when you could find plenty of rate plans without absurd penalties for making changes.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:13 pm

Duplicate post - please ignore

Last edited by gmax58; Jul 17, 2005 at 10:16 pm
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:15 pm

Some other important comments since my last stay (Dallas, Park West):

When you get a Hotwire rate it shows directly on the reservation. In this case, I didn't get most of my preferred options (although the key one of 2 double beds was one I got).

Hotwire rates do not count towards stays OR miles, even for Gold Members.

(It's generally easier just to use a 50% off certificate and/or an upgrade certificate.)
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Marriott, Hilton, Goldpoints, Northwest
Omni Corpus Bayfront vs Omni Corpus Christi

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? What's the difference and what do you recommend?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:44 am

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by Monique345
Been a select guest for awhile now.. One thing I can say at the Omni is they will bend over backwards to help you.. I've stayed TWICE on priceline stays and TWICE on calls.. Everytime I've either been given something free or upgraded just for asking.

San Francisco Omni $65.00 both times (Priceline) I stayed there..and was upgraded to a two room suite..

San Diego Omni $99.00 a night (used 50% coupon), upgraded to their top floor, corner suite, overlooking the ballpark. Also came back every night with a turn down, w/ chocolate as well as a box of chocolate and fruit our last night with a handwritten thank you.

New Orleans $99.00 a night (used 50% coupon), received a great high floor room, and free breakfast every day.

As always,, got our juice and soda in the morning w/ the paper.. which is always nice, Early checkin and late check out (5:00 pm) is WONDERFUL for those sleep in last days.. Free use of their fitness center (The san fran one always had free fruit), business center (Here you can log on, check email, print out stuff etc), etc all made it worth while.

All in all the benefits are great when you are there.. if it's special ocassion, let them know.. they'll try to make it the best for you.. Above all be SUPER NICE and ASK if you want something.. I've never been told no.

-Monique
We have been Select Guests for some time now and everything stated above is true and then some. Omni Hotels in general are very conscious of their guests' needs and the Select Guest Program is the icing on the cake. Please see post #16 on this thread. They have always given us excellent service and consideration....anything extra that you request they do their best to provide and usually succeed. By the way, with respect to miles, they just started awarding miles 2 or 3 years ago and the qualifying rate may still by a bit fuzzy. For Gold, they give miles for discounted as well as government rates. They will also guarantee a room if booked by 4:00 pm day of arrival. We needed to use this once and it's a wonderful benefit. We have always enjoyed staying in their properties...one in particular we use a great deal....we always get the room number we request and often find red roses or fruit in the room. When they had the Charleston Place ( now Orient Express) we stayed there, even if we needed points in another program. Try them and you won't be disappointed.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by VA747
We have been Select Guests for some time now and everything stated above is true and then some. Omni Hotels in general are very conscious of their guests' needs and the Select Guest Program is the icing on the cake. Please see post #16 on this thread. They have always given us excellent service and consideration....anything extra that you request they do their best to provide and usually succeed. By the way, with respect to miles, they just started awarding miles 2 or 3 years ago and the qualifying rate may still by a bit fuzzy. For Gold, they give miles for discounted as well as government rates. They will also guarantee a room if booked by 4:00 pm day of arrival. We needed to use this once and it's a wonderful benefit. We have always enjoyed staying in their properties...one in particular we use a great deal....we always get the room number we request and often find red roses or fruit in the room. When they had the Charleston Place ( now Orient Express) we stayed there, even if we needed points in another program. Try them and you won't be disappointed.
I am excited about my upcoming stays.I have signed up in the program and looking forwrad to a good relationship with what seems like a quality focused company
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:07 pm

Questions about requests and such

I just booked another stay at the William Penn, and in light of previous posts about the hotels being conscious of guests' needs, I'm curious on your typical requests (besides the high floor, low floor, quiet room, etc. preferences from Select Guest).

For example, when I was at the Dallas Park West, I was asked to fill a questionnaire about favorites (food, beverages, book, sports, activities, etc.). I'm wondering if this information is sent to other Omni hotels, etc. If they're using it to "personalize" each stay, then that's wonderful; I just want to be respectful and reasonable in requests (for example, I'm not going to ask them to have a bottle of Grey Goose in my room when I arrive! )

[I still have a lot to learn when it comes to upscale hotels, after all ]
Old Jul 22, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
Regarding special requests and needs....a little story from one of our stays. I had forgotten my steamer (always use it) and called housekeeping for an iron and ironing board which was promptly delivered. Thought that was all there was to it until my next stay when a maid showed up soon after check in with ....an iron and ironing board. The request must have been noted and of course complied with. That is very typical of Omni.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:37 pm

An odd thing about those half off certs:

One of my friends in my lab used a half-off cert (I've collected a bunch of them from generous FTers as well as through the SG program). Oddly enough, he was asked for an SG number (he gave mine) because he was using it.

Apparently, he was placed in a pretty nice room (I don't know much of the details, unfortunately) and he was given free morning beverages at the William Penn.

To make matters more pleasant, I was able to collect miles (it was a leisure stay)! [It turns out that at least a couple Omni hotels are willing to give you points for qualifying stays from friends/family - just book the rate and call the SG coordinator and let him/her know about that.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to use a stay, an upgrade cert, etc. to get into one of those multi-room suites...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.