Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note - All discussions about Kimpton Hotels and the Karma Rewards program have been moved to the IHG Rewards Club Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/

FlyinHawaiian
Volunteer Moderator
Print Wikipost

Kimpton secret password thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:40 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Of course!

We got upgraded to a Premier King Suite as well. I'll try and do a formal write-up shortly.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Of course!

We got upgraded to a Premier King Suite as well. I'll try and do a formal write-up shortly.
Awesome! Can't wait to read about it.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Bravo!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Someone started a new thread for this, but new secret word is "Summer of Karma". Guess they should rename it secret phrase!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:53 pm

Currently at 70 Park Ave Hotel in NY. We used the secret word and, already being Inner Circle at Kimpton (and therefore already receiving $30 raid the mini bar coupons and complimentary breakfast coupons), we were given 5 free drink coupons to use at the bar, additional raid the mini-bar credit, and free in-room movie and popcorn (freshly popped and delivered elegantly to the room). (If we had had a car, we could have had free parking.) This hotel does not have a full restaurant so they have fewer amenities to offer, but what they lack in facilities, they make up with wonderful service.

Last edited by tiomo; Jul 28, 2014 at 4:54 pm Reason: forgot to mention something
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:32 am

Used the secret phrase during a one-night stay at the Monaco in Portland. Was going to be offered free overnight valet parking ($38 value), but I had booked a rate that included parking, so that was a no-go. Then we got offered dinner at the restaurant, but we already had dinner reservations elsewhere. Ending up getting a couple free drinks at the restaurant bar though. Great experience!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
$25 F&B credit at Lumen, which was much appreciated!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
Valet parking ($42 + $5.25 tax) was comped at the Alexis.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Monaco SF

Bottle of Pinot Grigio. Very happy with that. Not many other potential options, as there is no F&B outlet, and I didn't park a car.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Allegro Chicago

Yea - Summer of Karma. Boo - Summer of Karma = 1 drink at the bar. [seemed to be limited hours which I wasn't at the hotel for so I stuck my drink coupon in the stack of newspapers on the way out - my way of leaving some karma]
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:29 pm

Kimpton Secret Word is Back!

Summer of Karma got me free parking at the Marlowe this weekend.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:09 pm

Topaz Hotel

free continental breakfast or cocktail - took the breakfast - meh.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:31 am

Hotel Monaco Alexandria

had a little grab-bag for the secret word. just a plastic bag with little paper slips with prizes/amenities on them. I thought it was a great concept, but unfortunately, none of the ones I picked benefited me.

free parking - didn't drive in
free breakfast - had a 5:45 flight in the AM
free upgrade - already in the highest room
free cocktail & free bottle of wine - don't drink - "no alcohol" listed in my profile
$20 off room rate - just took it b/c of the awkwardness, but my employer was paying for my room

regardless, I was impressed by the effort and intention. Thank you!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
They have a sand pail full of coupons at the Palomar in Philadelphia. My wife pulled out coupons for 1pm late checkout (we already had 2pm as Inner Circle), free valet parking (we didn't drive), and two free juices from Square 1682, which we accepted and used.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:06 am

Kimpton Secret Word is Back!

Hotel George- was told that they weren't sure what I'd want since I'm inner circle and already get an amenity. Really?? He said that he would give me an "extra" bottle of wine. Btw, amenity was never delivered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.