Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note - All discussions about Kimpton Hotels and the Karma Rewards program have been moved to the IHG Rewards Club Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/

FlyinHawaiian
Volunteer Moderator
Print Wikipost

Kimpton secret password thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:41 pm

Alexandria Lorien
Originally offered valet parking, passed as street parking was prevalent, then offered $35 food & beverage credit used towards room service

Monaco Baltimore
Originally offered movie, passed with a child-in-tow, offered valet parking but no car, eventually offered $25 food & beverage credit after "checking with someone." Ended up being moot as the hotel comped the restaurant breakfast as a service recovery for "running out of cribs"
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jenfloyd08
Kimpton Gray (Chicago) had a jar of folded notes. I got two free drinks. My coworker got $30 restaurant credit.
I stayed at the Gray this weekend, and got the jar of folded cards as well. The agent checking me in didn't seem to know about the password (she was nice, but I think new), but the agent next to her, who wasn't helping anyone else, heard and brought out the jar.

Initially I picked a free upgrade (if available), but they were sold out the second night, and was told there was better stuff anyway. The second card we picked was a 'Chicago ammenity'. Agent asked if I drank beer (said yes), and also if my daughter, 2 and a half, playing int he check in area with mom, could eat sweets/popcorn. Said yes. They said they would deliver to the room. When we returned from dinner, there were two bottles of Mathilda (Goose Island) beer, a box of Frango chocolates (which, despite having lived in Chicago for 3 years, never actually had tried), and they also left a bowl of Garrett's Chicago Mix. We were quite impressed.
meowmeow likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The Eventi in NYC really cheaped out on it. One bottle of water, one 50 cent sample of sunscreen, and one Clif bar. I get more from a Hampton Inn.

But they were generous with the suite upgrade and the welcome amenity.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
The Eventi in NYC really cheaped out on it. One bottle of water, one 50 cent sample of sunscreen, and one Clif bar. I get more from a Hampton Inn.

But they were generous with the suite upgrade and the welcome amenity.
Oh No !!! We arrive back there on Wednesday.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:26 pm

Miami Angler's- Free Drink

Miami Epic- Free Breakfast

Miami Surfcomber- Free Appraiser or Beach umbrella rental
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
No one at the Taconic lately? We'll be there for the weekend and the passwords in the past have been pretty generous...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Kimpton Madera, DC - $25 credit for either the room, the restaurant, or parking.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kimpton Everly in Hollywood, CA.

Free parking ($41 per night).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:32 am

Taconic Hotel in Manchester, VT

Goodie bag with Maple Syrup soda, maple syrup hard candies, cookies, and a can of local cider. Parking is included in the resort fee, so wasn't expecting much based on previous experiences with this property. Still a great place to spend a quiet weekend.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:08 pm

It should be secret password time soon. Last year their social media didnt post it until days after it was posted. This thread had it the day after thanksgiving.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:06 pm

Will the password continue? I wouldn't be surprised if this falls victim to the IHG integration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.