Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which routes for China Airlines 747s?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020 | 11:15 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Let's hope CI will publish the flights well ahead of 14 day quarantine so 747 fans can take one final flight.

The un-ceremonial end to KL, QF and BA 747-400 during this pandemic was really depressing. I count myself lucky to have caught a final ride on KL747 combi one last time in February before everything shut down.
Old Dec 16, 2020 | 12:32 am

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Yeah the 14 day quarentine both ways is the killer. I think 90mins flying around on the 747 one last time may not be worth the 1 month of sitting in hotels. Just the sad state of travel for the past 12 months. I am only 90mins away from Taiwan by plane but I might as well be living on the opposite side of the world in Antarctica as things stand. Even worse considering Shenzhen has had only like 5-6 cases of covid in the last 3-4months. Travel bubbles are just not opening up as planned.
Old Dec 21, 2020 | 12:24 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: asia miles
I loved flying them between HKG and TPE and got lucky a few times to get a ride on the upper deck. I would really love to get one last ride on one of them but two times 14 days quarantines, that's pushing it a bit far to my love of the 747.
tris06 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021 | 11:35 pm

Programs: GA/SQ/CX
China Airlines has just released the schedule of the farewell 747 flight, it'll be on February 6th

https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/zh...7farewellparty

The price starts at NTD7,470 for economy and NTD9,747 for business, the flight time will be 5 hours and 40 minutes
Sales will begin on January 6th at 10 AM (Taiwan time, GMT+8) on KKDay.

With new restrictions on entering Taiwan, it seems it'll be impossible for non-Taiwanese/residents to get on the flight.
Old Jan 3, 2021 | 11:39 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by maxc_20
China Airlines has just released the schedule of the farewell 747 flight, it'll be on February 6th

https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/zh...7farewellparty

The price starts at NTD7,470 for economy and NTD9,747 for business, the flight time will be 5 hours and 40 minutes
Sales will begin on January 6th at 10 AM (Taiwan time, GMT+8) on KKDay.

With new restrictions on entering Taiwan, it seems it'll be impossible for non-Taiwanese/residents to get on the flight.
that's cheap especially for C. I am sure they won't have trouble to fill the plane,
Old Jan 4, 2021 | 3:50 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

Originally Posted by blandy62
that's cheap especially for C. I am sure they won't have trouble to fill the plane,
I would really love being on the flight. I am of course not Taiwanese.

I wonder if there is a possibility for airport transit only for us foreigners if we book the flight? I have aviation enthusiast friends in Taipei who will be on board. One of them is trying for First Class. I would buy Business Class.
What are transit rules?

I would be flying in from Paris CDG with a PCR test done within legal time limit. I am not even sure which airlines are flying to TPE at this point in time. I will have to check. ANA or EVA maybe.
Old Jan 4, 2021 | 5:06 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by CDG1

I wonder if there is a possibility for airport transit only for us foreigners if we book the flight? I have aviation enthusiast friends in Taipei who will be on board. One of them is trying for First Class. I would buy Business Class.
What are transit rules?

I would be flying in from Paris CDG with a PCR test done within legal time limit. I am not even sure which airlines are flying to TPE at this point in time. I will have to check. ANA or EVA maybe.
I would close to 0. I am HK and i wish so much I can make it but well it will never happen...
Old Jan 4, 2021 | 5:18 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by blandy62
I would close to 0. I am HK and i wish so much I can make it but well it will never happen...
Well won't be able to do it due to new transit rules from 1.1.21
From fellow on Eva Air Forum

BR lounge access while transiting Taipei

Old Jan 4, 2021 | 10:38 am

What are transit rules?

This flight will be treated the same as all sightseeing flights before, only people who's already in Taiwan/ coming out of quarantine and self-health management can take the flight. No chance of stopover passengers.

Besides, no more stopover in Taiwan per January 1st.
Old Jan 6, 2021 | 3:10 am

Originally Posted by maxc_20
This flight will be treated the same as all sightseeing flights before, only people who's already in Taiwan/ coming out of quarantine and self-health management can take the flight. No chance of stopover passengers.

Besides, no more stopover in Taiwan per January 1st.
I monitored the ticket sales for the farewell flight out of curiosity..
It was all sold in 3 minutes. All gone.

I did not know Taiwan had so many aviation enthusiasts.

Old Jan 6, 2021 | 3:25 am
15 Years on Site

There are a lot
Old Jan 6, 2021 | 4:53 am

There is a lot of demand for these flights, especially with this being a special retirement flight. The first few sightseeing flights sold by EVA and Starlux are sold out within minutes of sales.
Old Jan 6, 2021 | 4:59 am
5 Years on Site

I was able to get 2 economy seats, after my attempt for business class failed. Looking forward to an exciting event.
IMissThe747 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021 | 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Not just aviation enthusiasts, but general travel enthusiasts who miss getting on a plane (which is what to many Taiwanese really means travel) - that's why these sightseeing flights have been so popular. This particular one of course will have special meaning to aviation enthusiasts.
Old Jan 12, 2021 | 3:30 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold

We had two computers and two phones refreshing continuously right up until the sale time. Did not get tickets Missed getting tickets on some of the previous EVA flights too. Would have loved to fly on that 747! My username tells the story, haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.