Which routes for China Airlines 747s?

Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pqvst
I was able to get 2 economy seats, after my attempt for business class failed. Looking forward to an exciting event.
Lucky you! Please share pictures!
pqvst and tris06 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I think for these special events they should really reward loyalty members first and offer the seats maybe up to 24hrs before the general public. Adds reasons why to be a member in the first place, generates more loyalty. And of course advertise it by email well before hand to let members know they will have their chance. Personally I would not consider a final 747 flight unless it was CI 747. Seems even in normal times I would not have had a chance especially with the slow connection from mainland China.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by IMissThe747
Lucky you! Please share pictures!
Here's a trip report from the flight. Overall a great experience!
https://blog.awardfares.com/china-ai...rewell-flight/
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Thanks for sharing!
pqvst likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Great report, looks like a wonderful time! I think if I could read Mandarin I might have been able to join on that flight - we had a phone and a computer both refreshing the moment tickets went on sale, but we just couldn't move fast enough.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. That model plane is indeed a treasure to keep!

As my username indicates, I am sad to see these birds disappearing from service.
pqvst likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:24 pm

I have an extra (unopened) scale model aircraft from the China Airlines 747 Farewell Party if anyone wants it. I'll give it away for free if you pay the shipping costs yourself (especially if sending to outside of Taiwan). Please PM if interested. I hope it can find a nice home

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.