BR lounge access while transiting Taipei

Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Diamond, HH Diamond, QR Platinum
BR lounge access while transiting Taipei

Does any know? With the COVID-19 restrictions in place, if I'm transiting TPE, would I be able to access the BR lounge, or am I segregated/restricted in a separate area without access to the general area during transit, like in Singaproe?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Both.

You will be restricted, but the restricted area is often a lounge.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Diamond, HH Diamond, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave510
Both.

You will be restricted, but the restricted area is often a lounge.
oh ok....Thanks for the reply!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Originally Posted by Backbencher
oh ok....Thanks for the reply!
I am thinking of putting myself on the China Airlines 747 final passenger flight 6 February. Friends in TPE will be on the flight so I wonder if I can join the party.

I am Star Alliance Gold. Not seeking CI points. Just want to participate to the flight.

I wonder if transit is possible between EVA and CI during this virus infection time, without leaving the airport, just changing flights.

Any idea?
Thx in advance for any information you can provide on this.

I need to act fast as all the seats will go almost instantly.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by CDG1
I am thinking of putting myself on the China Airlines 747 final passenger flight 6 February. Friends in TPE will be on the flight so I wonder if I can join the party.

I am Star Alliance Gold. Not seeking CI points. Just want to participate to the flight.

I wonder if transit is possible between EVA and CI during this virus infection time, without leaving the airport, just changing flights.

Any idea?
Thx in advance for any information you can provide on this.

I need to act fast as all the seats will go almost instantly.
New border control went into effect on Jan 1st with all transits barred. Under the old rules you would've needed to be with the same airline on both sector anyway. Assumption here is you're not a Taiwanese citizen, then the only possibility to join the party is to find a legitimate business purpose, apply for a business entry permit, and go through the 15-day quarantine before hopping on that flight.
ProleOnParole likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Unhappy

Originally Posted by gracall
New border control went into effect on Jan 1st with all transits barred. Under the old rules you would've needed to be with the same airline on both sector anyway. Assumption here is you're not a Taiwanese citizen, then the only possibility to join the party is to find a legitimate business purpose, apply for a business entry permit, and go through the 15-day quarantine before hopping on that flight.
Thank you very much for your answer with the transit info update.

I was very motivated, had managed all the flight schedules to TPE with Swiss and BR but I guess with the new rules I will have to forget about my 744 final flight adventure.

Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by CDG1
Thank you very much for your answer with the transit info update.

I was very motivated, had managed all the flight schedules to TPE with Swiss and BR but I guess with the new rules I will have to forget about my 744 final flight adventure.

It is super off topic but the CI 747 farewell flight is only available for people with Taiwanese passport or a resident certificate (ie long-term residents) in Taiwan and will be completely separated from the normal passengers at all time. They will not mix passengers from outside so you won't be able to join as a connecting passenger even if the transit arrangements has not been tightened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.