Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Air - Bula Bid

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I keep getting "inelligible to bid" (yes with the incorrect spelling) on a paid business-economy mix of flights. Is this just because some flights are already in business class? Is there another way to do Bula Bid over the phone or at the airport since I cannot online? This is not a partner reservation, but FJ-issued ticket.
Yes, you can buy up at check-in or even the gate. However, there is no way that they can fix it for you in advance. FJ is overall a very rigid and incompetent operation. My experience was that we booked the ticket a few days before departure so it was after the "bula window" had opened and therefore was not possible to bid. It was the only time that I had an econ ticket on FJ.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gnaget
Yes, you can buy up at check-in or even the gate. However, there is no way that they can fix it for you in advance. FJ is overall a very rigid and incompetent operation. My experience was that we booked the ticket a few days before departure so it was after the "bula window" had opened and therefore was not possible to bid. It was the only time that I had an econ ticket on FJ.
Thanks, I found out that my ticket is a promotional ticket for the conference. I assume it is much like an award ticket. I would still be willing to buy up to business at check-in, but only if it's for a reasonable discount not like $2,000. Do they have reasonable upgrade rates like $200-300 for flights to neighboring South Pacific islands? Im going to TRW and FUN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.