Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Air - Bula Bid

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by kitebrder33
Yeah, I'm waiting on my confirmation # and flight info, probably won't receive it until December sometime. Curious to know if anyone else has tried the Bula Bid. If it's around $500 to $750, I'd be all over it.
If you pay $750 plus your economy leg that isn't going to be much cheaper than a business class leg purchased first off. At least you are guaranteed of a seat. Unless you are going LAX to SYD or somewhere longer.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
If you pay $750 plus your economy leg that isn't going to be much cheaper than a business class leg purchased first off. At least you are guaranteed of a seat. Unless you are going LAX to SYD or somewhere longer.
If you pay only AUD$800(bit less than USD$600) for a SYD/LAX/SYD & then upgrade the long hauls, it's incredibly cheap. Unlike airlines like Qantas, you don't have to buy an economy fare, that's nowhere near the cheapest, just to get the chance to upgrade. Imagine if you paid $3k for chance to upgrade, when could have paid $800 & you didn't get the upgrade you requested. You'd be very annoyed at Qantas. This happens all the time. Many believe that an upgrade request, is an upgrade, when often not successful.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by southpac
Doubt if fiji to tonga would ever be widebody. Think it's a 737 or even s turbo prop. Very short flight.
I've flown NAN-TBU on A330 in June 2017. Supposedly, it was the first A330 ever to land at TBU.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:26 pm

Bula Bid on Fiji Airways is a scam

Just be aware that despite everything that appears on the main email and website about Bula Bid and the ability to cancel up to 24 hours prior to the flight, they could accept your bid at any time and you could no longer cancel. Very dishonest marketing in my opinion.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:13 am

Back in the days when they were called Air Pacific, the going rate for upgrade NAN-LAX was F$500 and LAX-NAN US$500. Those were the good days when they still had 747s. I was stationed in Fiji back then and flew almost monthly.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum
To add a data point, for flights in the third week of November 2018, the minimum bid for both SFO-NAN and NAN-SFO is USD$665 and the maximum bid allowed is US$1225. Bids are in $5 increments. There's a 5 color (red to green) needle that indicates your chances of the bid being accepted depending on the price you select. Searching business class fares for the dates offered (departure date is less than a week out), the price is USD$8276.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by solosf
To add a data point, for flights in the third week of November 2018, the minimum bid for both SFO-NAN and NAN-SFO is USD$665 and the maximum bid allowed is US$1225. Bids are in $5 increments. There's a 5 color (red to green) needle that indicates your chances of the bid being accepted depending on the price you select. Searching business class fares for the dates offered (departure date is less than a week out), the price is USD$8276.
of course th emore you bid the better your chances, but the best thing to do is to phone the airline & see how many business class seats are left before you bid. Airline won't tell you how many, unless you try to make a booking.

ie. phone airline

I'd l.... to book 9 bus class seats from a to b. If they say not nine left, ask how many.

Last edited by southpac; Nov 12, 2018 at 3:00 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:55 pm
Suspended

doubt if you can bid from a free or frequent flyer seat. Think bids are only from paid economy seats.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:56 pm
Suspended

why ? That's very cheap business class
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
An update. We got lucky. I decided not to bid in either direction (SFO/NAN). On the return (NAN-SFO) the flight was oversold. We both ended getting a free operational upgrade to business class, so I assume the minimum bid would have been accepted. Even after this, they were still asking for volunteers to take the next flight (if they meant the next direct FijiAirways flight that would have been in 5 days) and they would pay hotel, meals and (I believe) a $500 voucher, unsure if that is FJD or USD.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:58 pm
Suspended

An update. We got lucky. I decided not to bid in either direction (SFO/NAN). On the return (NAN-SFO) the flight was oversold. We both ended getting a free operational upgrade to business class, so I assume the minimum bid would have been accepted. Even after this, they were still asking for volunteers to take the next flight (if they meant the next direct FijiAirways flight that would have been in 5 days) and they would pay hotel, meals and (I believe) a $500 voucher, unsure if that is FJD or USD.
In NOV only 2 nonstops SFO/NAN a week Thu & Sat, so it seems you wer eon Sat flight. They do have daily flights LAX/NAN so they would probably send any volunteers on the next LAX/NAN & just included a SFO/LAX. They would obviously get priority over any standby passengers.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
What fare class are you ticketed in if your bid is accepted?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pmfc
What fare class are you ticketed in if your bid is accepted?
all fare classes, however, if you bid same as someone else on a higher fare, they might give the upgrades to that person. Only fair way I guess.Totally up to Fiji Airways.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I'm asking if it gets accepted, what fare class does my ticket become? J?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:56 am

Booking via Alaska

I am booking via Alaska Air miles. Is there any way to upgrade to Business? Either by cash or points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.