Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Air - Bula Bid

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by ccolvin19
Did anyone who flew FJ recently either upgrade at the counter or do a Bula Bid upgrade? I'm flying in April and right now the flight doesn't have many seats sold, so I'm trying to decide on how long to hold off before either bidding or trying to wait and upgrade at the counter or shortly before the flight by calling in. The minimum bid for LAX-NAN is currently $850 USD and the same for the return flight.
Curious what the maximum bid is for your dates? My understanding is that they give you a range.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
I have a NAN-SFO RT coming up in mid May and the Bula bid range is currently $905 - $1735 each way. Anyone have recommendations on how much I should bid to have a decent chance of snagging the upgrades?

Edit:
For any who may be interested, I ended up withdrawing my Bula bids (I had bid $1300 each way for NAN-SFO and SFO-NAN) 2 days before the flight, after I saw the economy cabin was about half full. In the end I had nobody on the seat next to me for either flight so it all worked out. As a data point, I was quoted $1400 for the upgrade at check-in for NAN-SFO. For SFO-NAN, they didn't want to offer me an upgrade due to limited catering in business class, the GA said that she would have to get approval from her manager to do it and it would likely be around $1600 to $1700. All prices here are USD.

As an aside, the service and friendliness on board the aircraft (in economy) and at check-in, at the gate, etc. was phenomenal. Perhaps the best on any airline I have flown, and definitely better than the major US carriers.
acurrie likes this.

Last edited by pigzilla; May 21, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ehchan
Just a data point for you here. On a 1/1/20 NAN-LAX flight on the new A350 I bid US$1050 for 4 seats, 2 adults 2 children. The bids were not accepted. I had been checking ExpertFlyer the day before and day of and saw 8 J seats available so we arrived early for the flight and asked about paid upgrades at the checkin counter, and they offered FJ$8620 (FJ$2500/adult, FJ$1810/child) which converted to US$4013. So we came out very much ahead by asking at the counter rather than Bula Bid.
Planning to book an award economy ticket. I understand I wouldn't be eligible to do Bula Bid. Does anyone know if you can still upgrade at check in / airport / gate?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by cleanes
Planning to book an award economy ticket. I understand I wouldn't be eligible to do Bula Bid. Does anyone know if you can still upgrade at check in / airport / gate?
Wondering the same here. I already checked the web site and my points booking is not eligible for Bula Bid, but would love to know if upgrading at check in or gate is even an option? Flying this Tuesday so I'll know soon enough.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: Qatar PC
Bidding the max possible guarantees ?

Hi friends
I have a YVR to NAN next year May and the max about I can bid is $200 so I’ll def bid this amount. If they have any empty seats does this guarantee a place ? I’ll monitor on expertflyer closer to the date but I’m surprised to see $200 max bid for a 11hr flight

Thnx
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Flying sfo-Nan-tav tonight 9/27 and our bula bid of $1150 was accepted yesterday afternoon about 36 hours before flight.
carl321 and acurrie like this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver
Planning on using Alaska miles to book a FJ ticket HNL-AKL.
Buying a mixed cabin itinerary for 45K miles—HNL-NAN in Y and NAN-AKL in J.
Would I be eligible to upgrade HNL-NAN at the counter?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: ANZ, Qantas
Hi All,
I just put in a Bid for CHC-NAN. But the information on the bid page is pretty vague around baggage. I'm wondering whether anyone can confirm if successful bids result in the full Business luggage allowance as well?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, UA GM
Originally Posted by jarwai
Hi All,
I just put in a Bid for CHC-NAN. But the information on the bid page is pretty vague around baggage. I'm wondering whether anyone can confirm if successful bids result in the full Business luggage allowance as well?
It's clear: https://www.fijiairways.com/en-au/ma...d-upgrades/faq -
If your offer is accepted, you will be able to take advantage of services typically available to Guests booked business class, including priority check-in and boarding at the airport, access to our business class lounges and our finest on-board services. You will also be entitled to business class cabin baggage allowances as per Fiji Airways Baggage Policies. These benefits are only applicable on the sectors for which you are upgraded.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by MELso
I see the wording "cabin baggage". But it's less clear about whether this also applies to checked baggage, which is why I'm asking the question here :-)
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by carl321
Hi friends
I have a YVR to NAN next year May and the max about I can bid is $200 so I’ll def bid this amount. If they have any empty seats does this guarantee a place ? I’ll monitor on expertflyer closer to the date but I’m surprised to see $200 max bid for a 11hr flight

Thnx
It's been a while, but I'm curious to know how it went with your YVR to NAN flight. Was your bid of $200 accepted?

I'm asking because I have a trip coming up next year around the same time and I'm considering placing a bid too.

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:11 pm

As it turned out, my concerns were unfounded. I received the full business checked allowance, and as per some other passengers' experience, also receive Qantas status points at the business earn rate. Horray for me :-)
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:38 am

what seems to be the minimum bid these days for a sector like NANLAX ?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Recent DP for SFO-NAN-SFO min. bid $2,140 USD & max. bid: $4,280 USD on both, outbound & inbound flights. EF shows only 8 biz seats occupied on outbound, while inbound seems to have fewer seats available for selection.
I will report back on upgrade offers at check-in just to have DP on the differential between the two!
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I keep getting "inelligible to bid" (yes with the incorrect spelling) on a paid business-economy mix of flights. Is this just because some flights are already in business class? Is there another way to do Bula Bid over the phone or at the airport since I cannot online? This is not a partner reservation, but FJ-issued ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.