Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Hainan airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Is there a time where the HU PEK Lounge is better for some type of meal service at a specific time?
I stayed there for maybe 10 hrs or so, as far as I can recall. Nothing astonishing even in F section. It was really disappointing.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I read somewhere that they had a special ala carte lunch 11-1300?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
I read somewhere that they had a special ala carte lunch 11-1300?
Can't give you such details, I am sorry, it was long back. I just remember overall impression of the F lounge being average if not below. (Truly speaking, I haven't seen really good lounges in China so far – excluding Hong Kong.)
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:42 am
Suspended

Does anyone know if the PEK HU Lounge offers some type of special dining during certain hours?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:25 am

Does anyone know if the PEK HU Lounge offers some type of special dining during certain hours?
Lounges in China aren't really worth talking about. Sure, you will get the usual buffet-style food, wifi and comfy chairs but that's not better than i.e. what LH offers in JFK. It's got ways to go to match what TK is doing in IST.

That said, I love Hainan and the 787. solid airline.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:32 am
Suspended

I’m concerned about my flight from Calgary to Beijing with a return. Since it’s operated by a Airbus 330–200 and not a A330-300 with the herringbone seats. I didn’t like the 787 seats and I imagine they are the same ones only worse cause they are old.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
HU in beijing

[QUOTE=Edgerfly;29140110 Does anyone know if the PEK HU Lounge offers some type of special dining during certain hours? [/QUOTE]

The new HU PEK lounge (@ T 2) is truly great, But after lunch there are three 787 flights that leave within 25 minutes around 2PM , Boston-Chicago-Toronto, so it can be busy. Special seating areas, 3 massage chairs, showers+ a tea consultant.
The free bar is good, I like the deserts + HD ice cream, very nice salad bar + Chinese food and special made noodles and dumplings.

Do NOT expect priority bags to come off first with HU @ any Int. airport... But the PEK lounge is very worthy.

Last edited by Jiatong; Feb 21, 2018 at 6:16 pm Reason: spl
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:14 pm
Suspended

PEK lounge is terrific.

Does anybody know what hotels Hainan puts you at on long layovers where they pay and if the hotels are nicer for business class passengers.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS 100K
does hainan open the paid/premium economy seats for all at check-in or do they charge right up to boarding?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I’m concerned about my flight from Calgary to Beijing with a return. Since it’s operated by a Airbus 330–200 and not a A330-300 with the herringbone seats. I didn’t like the 787 seats and I imagine they are the same ones only worse cause they are old.
Right -- Is the A330-300 the only Hainan aircraft with 1-2-1 seating in Biz? 2-2-2 is so old school, and much less pleasant than having your own pod. That's a deal breaker for me.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Right -- Is the A330-300 the only Hainan aircraft with 1-2-1 seating in Biz? 2-2-2 is so old school, and much less pleasant than having your own pod. That's a deal breaker for me.
I was actually surprised their A330-200’s have the same new cabins (looked like they had just updated) as their 787-800’s. In fact the A332 was better because every seat had an air vent whereas the center seats in J on the 788 do not have air vents. Their A330-300’s have the 1-2-1 and the 787-900’s have 1-2-1.

It wasnt bad at all because J was half full each way so almost everyone got 2 seats to themselves to YYC.

But I have sat next to someone I didn’t know from Changsha to LAX on the side on the 788. I was on the aisle, she was at the window. It was not too bad, frankly there was surprisingly plenty of space. Also they have those mini-dividers where the armrest raises up and turns into a tall wall. But again, even sitting next to someone you don’t know, we had plenty of space and I was surprised. Even when I was in bed mode she was easily able to get out. Was it ideal? No.

But if the fare is 1500-2000USD in J that’s fine with me. In addition I love Hainan’s inflight service which includes very comfortable turndown service, excellent food, and terrific in-flight staff. The service and amenities on board is on par with many first class carrier offerings. I’m a huge Hainan fan.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 25, 2018 at 6:03 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks, Edgerfly -- very helpful. The HU website shows two abreast in J on the 787-900. Ditto SeatGuru (for what that’s worth). Is it possible that there are two configurations of this aircraft at Hainan?

Last edited by spainflyer; Feb 25, 2018 at 11:05 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:44 pm
Suspended

I cannot say for certain as I have never been on the 787-900. It was my understanding the 789’s had 1-2-1, as they posted that on their FB page to celebrate the new 787-900.

Here is a TPG post about it: https://thepointsguy.com/2017/04/hai...ess-class-787/
Also on HU’s website. I’m pretty certain the 787-900 does have the new seats. If I had to guess certain routes have the new seats and some don’t. https://www.hainanairlines.com/HUPor...E=GB&PAGE=BOEY

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 25, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:12 am

Yes, it appears you are right. There was an older version of the 787-900 with 2-2-2 in Biz. But both TPG that you cite, and One Mile At A Time reveal that the new deliveries of the aircraft will be / are fitted with 1-2-1 pods. Now the question is, how do you snag one of the newer aircraft on the Europe to SZX flight?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Yes, it appears you are right. There was an older version of the 787-900 with 2-2-2 in Biz. But both TPG that you cite, and One Mile At A Time reveal that the new deliveries of the aircraft will be / are fitted with 1-2-1 pods. Now the question is, how do you snag one of the newer aircraft on the Europe to SZX flight?
I’m pretty sure that the routes with the new seats are known. I don’t know for sure how you’d find it, but I’m sure it’s on some blog. I know that the Chicago to Beijing has the new seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.