Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Hainan airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by jjoe123
That helps, my current options are:
SJC-PEK HU economy (very cheap)
SJC-PEK HU Business 4000$
SJC-PEK AC (via Vancouver) Business for 2800$

I like AC (much better than UA), but a direct flight is a nice plus
Unless costs or the non-stop are very important, I'd take the AC option in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+1 fpr HU

Originally Posted by mediator
HU is quite good and their planes are fairly new.
the new 787's are truly great.
Just did get my new HNA fortune wings gold card, & it does not expire till June 2017. VIP members are treated well, & IMO, better than Delta or UA.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:20 pm

I'm taking BOS-PEK next week in Y. I can't find much info on their N. American routes in Y on the 787. I know meals, booze etc, is the AVOD selection decent? Their website does not even list the 787 as an option when looking for the choices, so I doubt it's up to date. Any amenity kits or anything in Y or availability of toothbrushes etc if needed? Midflight snack (like the noodles, on CX)? Any info would be great.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
HU in BJ

Used some points to fly from BJ to SH as already have the Hainan god card. It was a full flight in economy, so they did bumb us up to business class !.
Truly a first to get an upgrade from a points economy ticket !.

Also had the lounge pass in BJ for HU in T1 domestic. it's better than the T2 int. HU lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Do their 787 planes in business class have individual air nozzles?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:39 am

My fiancé flew them in Y from BOS to PEK and back, with a JetBlue connection to Detroit. The ticket, including the JetBlue code share was like $500 USD. There was nothing remarkable, other than an IFE flag game where the hint for the Filipino flag was “they make the world’s best babysitters.”

Unless, your status/miles with another airline is super important to you, why not fly them? You can get a nonstop for less money, what is more important than that?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:08 am

A not political correct game. Definitely a bonus
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Hainan Airlines is best what mainland China offers IMO. I choose them anytime over CA, MU or CZ.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We took them for SEA-PVG. Now my wife doesn't want to fly anything else.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:25 pm

To put my money where my mouth is.

​​My fiance are leaving China for good next summer and have a firm exit day.

Not wanting to get slammed by summer airfare, we plan to buy our tickets in the next to weeks, and from Kunming we can get to Chicago for 600 USD. About $400 cheaper than the next alternative. We are going to book that without a second thought.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:15 pm

Just booked Hainan San Diego to Shanghai for $500 per person RT, with 1 stop 787-9, which I thought was very reasonable. They let us upgrade to an "extra leg room" seat (exit row) for $90 per person each way, which I also felt was a good deal.

So it's San Diego to Seattle on Alaska and then Seattle to Shanghai non-stop. Same in reverse on the return flight.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:20 am

Booked quite some time ago (when there is a $150 coupon haha) for Biz for SZX-CKG-JFK, then SJC-PEK-SZX.
now thinking if i should start writing the trip report...
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Do their 787 planes in business class have individual air nozzles?
No, not on all seats! The middle seats do NOT have the air vents, at least on the 788. You must sit on the sides to get air vents if you want them. This of course involves having to possibly sit next to somebody you don’t know. I did it on the way back from China, and there was plenty of room for the woman sitting next to me to get out and back in to the seat (she was on window) even when I was in bed mode. In addition the “dividers” (which are really just really raised elbow rests) they have are pretty good.

In short if you want them you must sit on the sides.

*Editors note, please be aware this was in the J cabin.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Hainan Airlines is the best airlines among Chinese ones. Also, it is one of the better ones worldwide. Their lounges at Beijing had been unimpressive though (maybe improved since I have been there).
Edgerfly likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Is there a time where the HU PEK Lounge is better for some type of meal service at a specific time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.