Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Hainan airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Does anyone out there know what the deal is with Hainan paying for hotels when you have long layovers? I know they give free hotels if you have a forced long layover, but the details are not known.

I cant even find a page through HU that sheds light on this topic.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:53 pm

I am interested also in the same question about the hotel provided by HU. I have a 16 hours in PEK and I already have a reservation for the night, but I can cancel it if their offer is of a food quality hotel.

Also, does anyone know more details about their extra leg room seats in economy class? Row 31 and 46 on 787-9.

Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by Ultras
I am interested also in the same question about the hotel provided by HU. I have a 16 hours in PEK and I already have a reservation for the night, but I can cancel it if their offer is of a food quality hotel.

Also, does anyone know more details about their extra leg room seats in economy class? Row 31 and 46 on 787-9.

Thank you!
It is my understanding you email Customer Service and give them your record locator to set up a free hotel overnight.

if you do please report back with the details.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m in the (semi) new HU lounge at PEK and it really is beautiful. They have staff members at all the stations ready to serve you and get whatever you want. Including a haggan dasz ice cream station.

whats strange is they offer a lunch buffet from 11:30-1:30 and then a dinner buffet from 5:30-11:30.

Until then its just light sandwiches and light soups you can order. I don’t understand why they don’t just have an all day buffet like Air China does? So HU flights to SEA, YYC, YYZ, and I don’t know what other long hauls miss out on their buffet? Doesn’t make much sense to me, but anyway that’s how the lounge is run.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:40 am

Air China international (including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao) lounge isnt all day hot dishes, too.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:42 pm

Good to hear that Hainan Airline is good. I am going to fly JFK-CKG-SZX in this summer.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone flown their middle of the night departures? I have an upcoming JFK-Chengdu 250am departure and wondering if they do a full dinner meal service after takeoff or how they structure the meal service on that long flight.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Air China international (including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao) lounge isnt all day hot dishes, too.
Well I’ve only been in the air China lounge during the long haul US departure time around 3 PM-5pm and the buffet is open and have hot food.

This is when HU also has their North America departures so it makes no sense to me why they close down their buffet from 1:30-5:30?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Curious if HU sells upgrades to business class upon check-in? I know I can do this with United (if space is available) and my company only lets me book economy fares. I don't really want to sit in 32" of pitch for 10-12 hours PVG-SEA-PVG and would rather spend the money to upgrade, if possible.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:59 am

How does HU handle the free hotel overnights?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
BTW anyone who flies Hainan at least few times (plus their partners), make sure to sign up for their status challenge. They added another option for long-haul business class now, in addition to long-existing segment/mileage based.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:56 pm

I really would have to disuade people from getting involved with HU’s FF program unless that is the only airline you intend to fly on. With the only partner being AS, and HU’s weird redemption rates, crediting to AS always has to be the better value. Not to mention the huge array of Asia AS partners like CX, EK, JAL, KE, and now SQ. Including your ability to be able to redeem AS miles on these wonderful Asian airline partners.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Apr 29, 2018 at 1:56 am
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
With the only partner being AS, and HU’s weird redemption rates
HX is a partner of HU, but perhaps not a partner of Alaska. HX has many flights around Asia and sometimes their paid rates are rather competitive. Their new lounge at HKG is also very nice (though not as nice as CX, for sure).

And you don't need to credit flights to Fortune Wings, once you have a status, to get all benefits.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
I do use the HU 'points' for one way upgrades to business from economy. Concern is always which economy class on what day, thus it takes a call to HU with flexible off peak flight day .

Last edited by Jiatong; Apr 29, 2018 at 7:23 am Reason: splng
Old May 3, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: AC 35k
What's transit like in PEK to other destinations with HU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.