Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Airways Experience

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Bangkok Airways Experience

I took a roundtrip on PG from BKK at the beginning of the month and the return was credited but not the outbound. I have filed a request for missing mileage. Anyone have experience with this airline on stuff like this? I rather like them - everyone in the FF program gets to go in the lounges and you get another 10kg of luggage and they give great meals on the plane. But I wonder what their mileage rigor is like. I got both segments (and some bonuses) a few months ago so I have not given up on them. Also what chance do I have of seeing credit for my Budget rental mileage? So far no sign but that is hardly surprising - it takes for ever even in the US.
Old May 22, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
I took a roundtrip on PG from BKK at the beginning of the month and the return was credited but not the outbound. I have filed a request for missing mileage. Anyone have experience with this airline on stuff like this? I rather like them - everyone in the FF program gets to go in the lounges and you get another 10kg of luggage and they give great meals on the plane. But I wonder what their mileage rigor is like. I got both segments (and some bonuses) a few months ago so I have not given up on them. Also what chance do I have of seeing credit for my Budget rental mileage? So far no sign but that is hardly surprising - it takes for ever even in the US.
We've failed to receive a segment credit twice in the last few years. I've always called in and the points have credited within a week or two thereafter.

In crediting Thailand car rentals (Avis and Hertz) to several hotels and airlines I've had to fight tooth and nail. Still trying to get credit for December rentals. Since none of these involved Budget nor PG they aren't great parallels.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:06 am

Question with Bangkok Airways..The Website says one can collect Miles. And it says, they are Codeshare-Partners with AirBerlin and Thai.

So my Question is: Can i collect Miles on the Flight? And if yes, on which Program should i collect these with? Air Berlin or Thai?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Question with Bangkok Airways..The Website says one can collect Miles. And it says, they are Codeshare-Partners with AirBerlin and Thai.

So my Question is: Can i collect Miles on the Flight? And if yes, on which Program should i collect these with? Air Berlin or Thai?
Are you desiring to fly PG but credit to the other programs?

Unless you're booking a codeshare I don't think this is possible.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

2 questions

1) for lounge access you have to be member of their FFP?in the past there was no need

2) it is possible to change bookings online?

thanks,
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

2 questions

1) for lounge access you have to be member of their FFP?in the past there was no need

thanks,
Hi !
1) yes
2) yes, if your fare allows changes of course
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello,

2 questions

thanks,
I'm not aware of a need of having an FFP# though there's no harm and you'll gain extra weight allowances.

I have never come across this ability online and always called in for it. All fare classes are changeable with the fees for domestic flights, IIRC, no higher than 800 THB and exPNH 15 USD. Why domestic is more expensive is beyond me. I'm not familiar with fees from other locales. You can look up the fare rules by making a dummy booking.

Also, even though the fees are quoted in the currency the ticket was paid for PG refuses to follow through on this and will assess fees in THB regardless of the currency your ticket was paid for or where you depart from.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hi !
1) yes
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm not aware of a need of having an FFP# though there's no harm and you'll gain extra weight allowances.
Reading Dsquared37 pst, I realized that I read the question and gave an answer too rapidly. Sorry about that !
For lounge access, I'm not aware also if PG changed its policy in BKK. It used to be for all pax and not for their FFP members. It may has changed but I don't know and I didn't try to go to PG BKK lounge for a while.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks for your quick replies!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
I flew PG to Sukhothai in November and no need to be part of their FFP, you only need to be on a PG flight with a valid boarding card. FYI, I had my Etihad card registered and they didn't care about that upon entering the lounge.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manureva744
I flew PG to Sukhothai in November and no need to be part of their FFP, you only need to be on a PG flight with a valid boarding card. FYI, I had my Etihad card registered and they didn't care about that upon entering the lounge.
That is what I thought. Thank you for confirming.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:43 am

Bangkok airways

Hello!

I will fly with Bangkok airways from Phuket to Bangkok. Departure time: 1905. What kind of meal is served? And how is the service onboard and at the airport?

Thanks a lot!

Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ro27
Hello!

I will fly with Bangkok airways from Phuket to Bangkok. Departure time: 1905. What kind of meal is served? And how is the service onboard and at the airport?

Thanks a lot!

You'll get a small entree, salad and desert. Beer is sold at 80 Baht per can. Service is generally good.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Question about the lounges

Can someone please tell me what's the difference between the Blue Ribbon lounge and the boutique lounge? Also, do I need to fly Bangkok Airways flights to qualify for their Premier Status?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J_rob129
Can someone please tell me what's the difference between the Blue Ribbon lounge and the boutique lounge? Also, do I need to fly Bangkok Airways flights to qualify for their Premier Status?
The Blue Ribbon Lounge is the business class/Premier lounge. All other pax can use the lower level lounge. A small menu (getting smaller all the time), alcohol, shower access etc. It's a more mellow and comfortable environment.

If you look here the means of accumulating points is delineated. Your options are PG, AB and EY.

Edit: Upon further review you can earn pts with AB and EY however these do not count toward Premier status. To earn status you must fly PG.

Last edited by dsquared37; Mar 27, 2013 at 7:20 pm Reason: Edit: status points on PG only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.