Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Airways Experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by sc88
Now you can select seat even in Q-Class but only at the second part of the cabin from row 12
You can now select seats at booking regardless of booking class. As well they've finally integrated logic allowing Premiers to select seats in the first 4 rows which otherwise would have been off limits.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Question regarding Visa credit card

I used a Visa credit card to make a booking but was thinking of canceling the card. Does Bangkok Air ask for proof of payment upon check-in?

Their customer service is also quite prompt; I lost the emailed receipt for an upcoming trip and emailed their reservations link.

They responded with both a PDF and regular emailed itinerary. Impressed so far. ^
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I used a Visa credit card to make a booking but was thinking of canceling the card. Does Bangkok Air ask for proof of payment upon check-in?
Sometimes. If you cancel the card simply take the plastic with you to show in case asked to do so.

This (past) year the incidence of card requests has been minimal but you never do know.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Thanks for your input! I'll email their service address again (don't know why I didn't think of that earlier).

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Sometimes. If you cancel the card simply take the plastic with you to show in case asked to do so.

This (past) year the incidence of card requests has been minimal but you never do know.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:42 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Bangkok Airways Experience

Last month I was trying to book KBV-BKK on my phone browser. Something doesn't work properly and the payment phase stalls (maybe due to bad data reception).

Calling PG in a mildly annoyed state of mind, is connected to an officer:

hco: Can you help me to book a flight Krabi Bangkok please?
PG: Yes, am I speaking to mr. hco?
hco: Yes, how do you know?
PG: Because you are registered with our FFP.

--> So it seems their system picked up my mobile number through callerID and automatially showed my FFP profile to the officer. Awesome!
(and price was same as online, no extra fee).

Maybe this is common elsewhere but it is the first time I have ever experienced. Very nice.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Plan to book BKK-USM for me and my wife.
We will fly Y as it is only one hour flight.
If I sign up for the FFP I will get 10kg extra, right? If not, I will get the standard 20kg.

For the return leg, plan to leave USM at 1600 about. Would it be better to sleep one night near BKK airport and then take EK to HAM on the following day? Just to be sure.

But I also saw it is possible to book PG on a single PNR using EK, in that case I should be safe, right?

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:55 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Plan to book BKK-USM for me and my wife.
We will fly Y as it is only one hour flight.
If I sign up for the FFP I will get 10kg extra, right? If not, I will get the standard 20kg.

Thanks
Whilst I appreciate the thread is a couple of years old, my reply is still relevant as the answer remains yes.

The main purpose for posting though was that the check in line at USM was a complete zoo. There are a bank of self check in machines that nobody was using, popped in my details and off to bag drop we go avoiding a 45 minute or so wait.

Interestingly, the demographics of Samui seem to be changing. PG now have a heavily advertised Guangzhou flight and the influx of Chinese tourists here is very noticeable.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:03 pm

How many hours before a flight does OLCI open for an international flight?

Palmer
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palmer
How many hours before a flight does OLCI open for an international flight?

Palmer
For any flight, 24 hours.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Still heavy on the Russians, when I go in early February/March!

Originally Posted by Beano HK
Whilst I appreciate the thread is a couple of years old, my reply is still relevant as the answer remains yes.

The main purpose for posting though was that the check in line at USM was a complete zoo. There are a bank of self check in machines that nobody was using, popped in my details and off to bag drop we go avoiding a 45 minute or so wait.

Interestingly, the demographics of Samui seem to be changing. PG now have a heavily advertised Guangzhou flight and the influx of Chinese tourists here is very noticeable.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bangkok Airways is changing their 'Premier Class' cabin's name to Premium Economy effective May 1, fare class E.

Prices aren't any cheaper and apparently there's absolutely no difference in seat, meals, lounge or anything else that I've seen.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:42 pm

For any flight, 24 hours.
Thank you.

Palmer
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palmer
Thank you.

Palmer
You will still need to go to the counter as I don't believe PG will issue mobile/print BPs for Int flights.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You'll get a small entree, salad and desert. Beer is sold at 80 Baht per can. Service is generally good.
Hello! Is there still a small hot meal on domestic BKK-HKT flights? On my dates, I can fly PG or Thai Smile for a little more, am I correct to think that the PG service will be a bit better as I think Thai Smile is meant as the low cost version of TG? I could also fly TG (better service?) for even cheaper but their times are slightly less convenient for me.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: SPG, AB, BestWestern, AirAsia BIG Loyalty, Aeroflot Bonus, DELTA, Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus, Emir.
Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
... Anyone have experience with this airline on stuff like this?
I did once two legs with them, and as European back then, I was amazed that they offered full service lounge for economy class as well. At least I think I did have a economy-class ticket, for the price of $20 or so, but both at BKK and in CMX there was a nice lounge with most of the benefits -- what is most important, a cup of coffee and good network.

I recall that I was not a member of theirs at the time of boarding, but afterwards became one. However, as someone said here, their routes are rather limited at the moment -- I guess there was some issue about overall Thai company licensing. I might have it not right.

The problem with Thai domestic flights is perhaps that of their extensive and very effective bus network. Sitting on VIP bus is cheaper, but most importantly more comfortable than flying (not to think about the time of course). And the competition around ASEAN area is very mad, you have Singaporeans, Malaysians, Philippines and India involved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.