Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Broker is Best?? Private Jet Charter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BusinessFlyer45
The problem is XO is part of TMC now and TMC is a horse with three legs and no eyes. XO still has 4 legs but no eyes...stay away.
I guess you could tell them not to quote TMC - on their website it says "Access to our fleet of 43 super-mid private jets, plus our Preferred Partner Network of 1,500+ jets" so they use operators beyond TMC.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I guess you could tell them not to quote TMC - on their website it says "Access to our fleet of 43 super-mid private jets, plus our Preferred Partner Network of 1,500+ jets" so they use operators beyond TMC.
I didn't mean to confuse you I was talking about using jets brokered by XOJET, not their own fleet. Then when I calculated what I was actually paying for these brokered jets vs. what I've seen advertised in other places I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. They wouldn't even tell me anything until I signed up.
Which is what brought me here, looking for recommendations.

Who do y'all use?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by SiliconDevelopment
I didn't mean to confuse you I was talking about using jets brokered by XOJET, not their own fleet. Then when I calculated what I was actually paying for these brokered jets vs. what I've seen advertised in other places I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. They wouldn't even tell me anything until I signed up.
Which is what brought me here, looking for recommendations.

Who do y'all use?

Question... If you didn't price check XOJET when they were brokering planes, how do you know it wasn't a good price?

I'd want to know some more about how and what you travel in before I send you a recommendation but here is some info from my personal experience.

[moderator edit of commercial content]

If you need more assistance with catering, booking cars, hotels or a very complex trip, then I'd say go with a broker. They will charge a premium over jetmembership.com, which most agree is around 10-15% but will see you through the entire process and make it a bit easier.

If you do go down the broker road, be sure the go to at least 3 companies, as the pricing can vary significantly.

Some brokers I have used in the past include:

NEW FLIGHT CHARTERS: Local Top-Rated Private Jet Charters, Private Jets and Air Charter Flights
http://luxuryaircraftsolutions.com
http://privejets.com
Private Jet Charters - Jet Rental - The Early Air Way

Here is a comprehensive list of dozens of brokers.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 25, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SiliconDevelopment

Who do y'all use?
Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
Question... If you didn't price check XOJET when they were brokering planes, how do you know it wasn't a good price?
Earlier this year XOJET introduced a dynamic pricing jet card - I think it's 50k -- They also have fixed rate, guaranteed availability cards but I think they start at 100k.

If you want a card so you don't have to go to a broker each time - there are literally dozens of fixed rate, guaranteed availability card programs - NetJets, Flexjet, Sentient, Magellan, Wheels Up, Delta Private, Air Partner, Solairus come to mind --
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by BusinessFlyer45
I don't know who blackjet or bluestar is, but I hate to tell you, I did my research cause you brought up valid points and I thank you for that. I took your advice, I went to their offices they have a team of people and a beautiful new offices. They also made the INC 5000 list of new and up coming businesses for growth showed me their hanger a took me around the FBO they are located in. I think you should try their product before knocking it as their membership seems to be growing. They are definitely reputable...it seems like you are a competitor to them the way your talking, at least that's the way I feel. You know too much about to many companies not to be a competitor...
Yup im a competitor. You got me. I came to this website to not promote my company. As I’m not saying. Hey try out this great company like your doing. I’m glad you went to their office. That’s what people who fly private should do as it’s your life your putting in people’s hands. It’s not buying a pair of jeans. And thanks for saying because I know a lot I am a competitor. This entire website is flyers talking about what they know. “Experience sharing”. But you got me...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Highflyer909090

Yup im a competitor. You got me. I came to this website to not promote my company. As I’m not saying...Hey try out this great company like your doing. I’m glad you went to their office. That’s what people who fly private should do as it’s your life your putting in people’s hands. It’s not buying a pair of jeans. And thanks for saying because I know a lot I am a competitor. This entire website is flyers talking about what they know. “Experience sharing”. But you got me...

And last point maybe your a competitor. I told you to go to their offices and within 1.5 hours of my post you’ve toured this amazingly large beautiful facility and met their many employees at almost midnight. Inc5000 means nothing to me. But since you wanted to try and show your power and call someone what they are not. I will give you the information and how I got it. Below is the link that shows most of what I posted. Either you or Whyprivate posted to use this company. So I looked it up. Which is what “normal” people do who actually buy a particular product. I gave my experience...saying they share an office with this other luxury company. Net Jets shares office with delta and XO too...right? No that does not happen. Which by the listing below says they are the same company and they have 1-10 employees. So when you visited which company employees did you meet? Luxury...aero...membership??? How many work with either. I find it hard to believe you fly privately and don’t know about crunchbase or manta. They have company information and give it out for free. You must love that. And the Taylor swift comment I made came from their bogus yelp page. Go their and scroll through the photos and youll see the one I am referencing. From my experience this company is run by clowns and your a clown for telling people about them. Or maybe you work for one of the 3 clown companies in the same suite number in Long Island. Again...look at all of my posts and yours. I haven’t said to use 1 company...not 1. If I was in this industry I would be trying to compete with large companies and not worrying about these guys. I know a lot because I’ve bought a lot in this industry from a lot of companies. Thought that would help people. But...everyone please disregard my statements because I know too much and this guy who doesn’t know who blue star Jets was is the guy with the answers.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organizat...ction-overview

Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:08 am

How often do you guys use private jets outside of business-use? I've flown private a few times for business trips, but never been sure if it's right for me regarding personal use. I really hate commercial flights sometimes, but they simply have to be done at times! Are there any companies you recommend checking out for personal private jets?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

My personal use, I'm afraid i've never done this, but it does sound a lot of fun. I mean, who wouldn't want to skip the lines and all the hassle at airports! Where are you thinking of taking a jet for personal use, if you did it?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:09 am

Occasionally my company makes us fly privately for some business trips, but yeah, now I have a taste for it, would also love to fly privately for a personal trip.I'll think of a few companies later on and let you know, I know there are many these days.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:39 am

Seems as if there's not so much demand for private jets outside of business use? I suppose the price is the main barrier to booking more charter flights. What about JetApp? Anyone used them? They appear to operate a lot in Europe but I see some okay flights from New York.I'd just be interested to know of which companies are most popular these days and which routes are the most popular. All this stuff fascinates me
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:39 am

I haven't heard of that company, but there are quite a lot out there. I think they all do more or less the same thing. Jetsmarter is the only other one I know. As for the most popular route, I believe it's NYC to Washington D.C.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:40 am

Has anyone heard of Surf Air's Express membership on indiegogo? Seems a cheap way to move individual employees around vs. doing charters.. Is it safe or are they in financial trouble?
Would hate to buy a three year membership and see it never "take off".
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BroomeCapital
Has anyone heard of Surf Air's Express membership on indiegogo? Seems a cheap way to move individual employees around vs. doing charters.. Is it safe or are they in financial trouble?
Would hate to buy a three year membership and see it never "take off".
These are a couple articles I read - As far as I can tell they are fundraising right now through Indiegogo and you can buy memberships and flights at 50-80% off with the caveat it may not get off the ground - at least the Indiegogo part.

https://robbreport.com/motors/aviati...ivate-2824594/

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...via-indiegogo/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300736769.html
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:52 am

Figures.
I'll stick to putting them on little Cirrus planes for these trips unless this situation is stabilized.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:40 am

Just know this - if they're not asking you about the goals of your trip, you're wasting your time. I work for a Wyvern jet charter broker (Air Charter Advisors) --- we've straight up refused trips when we don't find an aircraft we're comfortable putting on customers on, and have told people they're better off going commercial when there's no value in the cost - no sense in taking $5k from you now only to be never contacted again. We don't have crazy overhead, so our business model is more relationship than sales, anyway. We get C-level guys calling us for 2 -3 years before they finally get around to booking with us. I can't speak for too many companies being reputable outside of maybe StratosJets and Paramount (PBJ), but the key is finding a company where you're not just an account number. This industry is super personalized, and your broker should be the same way, not just some fast-talking private jet aficionado.

Last edited by Ready Jet Go; Dec 5, 2018 at 8:41 am Reason: clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.