Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline bidding price finder [BidPriceCheck]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 1:09 pm
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck
Original Poster

Update:
We are very glad to announce the rental car minimum bidding price service at BidPriceCheck.com. Now after the login, you will be greeted with the selection page for "bidding hotel service" and "bidding rental car service". You can go ahead use either service to find the minimum bidding price. Enjoy.

After months of preparation, we finally push forward a new service to help you find the minimum bidding price at Priceline for hotels:

Nothing fancy, it's just like betterbidding or biddingfortravel, which we all help you save money on Priceline, but we built an even more comprehensive database and we have our experienced expert to help you to find the lowest bidding price for your specific travel dates.

Try it at:

http://www.bidpricecheck.com

Happy bidding!

Screenshot:

Tutorial on using BPC

BidPriceCheck (BPC) is the ultimate service to help you find the minimum bidding price on Priceline when using its "Name Your Own Price" (NYOP) service.

Here we try to go through step by step to tell you how to use this service.

1. Figure out where to stay on Priceline's NYOP zone map
In this example, I want to stay in Toronto, ON, Canada for a weekend. After input the city information on Priceline's NYOP service, I see such a map:

Since I'm going to visit wonderland adventure park, I decide to choose the zone which is close to it, and this zone is zone number 16.
You need to click the zone number which you want to stay to see what are the star levels available for this zone:

Where I find the highest star available for this zone is 3*. So I cannot bid over 3*.

2. Go to BidPriceCheck(BPC) to submit my inqury
At the moment, BPC is an invitation-based service and you need to obtain an invitation code to sign up.

After sign in, you will see the service selection page.

Select "Bidding Hotel Room"

In the state or region selection page,

Select "Canada"

In the bidding info page, select city "Toronto", hotel star (for me, 3*) and corresponding travel dates

You will be prompted with the confirmation page

After you press the submit, you will see the "success" page, meaning your inqury is successfully submitted to BPC.

3. Check your email in 5 - 10 minutes
You shall recieve the minimum bidding information such as follows:

4. Go ahead and bid with the suggested amount
We can see from the previous email that the minimum bidding price is $60 for my travel dates. Then I just go to Priceline's NYOP service page and put this amount in the bidding price box:

5. Buy points
Each inquery will cost 1 point, and you need to use Paypal to buy points.

6. Get the hotel with the minimum bidding price!

Feel free to share this tutorial with your friends or on your blog.

Last edited by coolwulf; Sep 5, 2014 at 8:05 am
Old May 19, 2013, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Your user interface is dreadful

How, for example, do I easily find the city I am seeking information about?

For example, I am trying to bid for Palm Desert, CA next week. How do I select Palm Desert (or Palm Springs) as a city I am seeking info on?
Old May 19, 2013, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyboy60
How, for example, do I easily find the city I am seeking information about?

For example, I am trying to bid for Palm Desert, CA next week. How do I select Palm Desert (or Palm Springs) as a city I am seeking info on?
Palm Springs,CA is now added in the city list. Enjoy.
Old May 20, 2013, 3:53 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
My username is lo2e on your site also, if you could give the extra 3 points. Thanks.

How is the list of cities organized? I could find absolutely no recognizable pattern to the list of cities. There are also a few wrong spellings in that list.

I would agree that it's very user unfriendly right now. If you have the technology to have a "database" of the lowest possible winning bid, that same "database" should be able to tell you how many zones are available in a particular city and which star levels are available in that zone. Or at least your "expert" should be able to get this information and program the site.

And I'm sorry, but why would anyone want to pay for additional "points" when there are other resources that can find out the same/similar information for free?
Old May 20, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lo2e
My username is lo2e on your site also, if you could give the extra 3 points. Thanks.

How is the list of cities organized? I could find absolutely no recognizable pattern to the list of cities. There are also a few wrong spellings in that list.

I would agree that it's very user unfriendly right now. If you have the technology to have a "database" of the lowest possible winning bid, that same "database" should be able to tell you how many zones are available in a particular city and which star levels are available in that zone. Or at least your "expert" should be able to get this information and program the site.

And I'm sorry, but why would anyone want to pay for additional "points" when there are other resources that can find out the same/similar information for free?

The site is still in beta stage and we do understand there are certain things need to be improved. And we 're currently working on the user interface and you should be able to see some progress in a few days.

About why this site is better than some other forums/site:

1. Youd can get whether hotels in certain zone are sold out or not. Sometime you don't want to bid for a few days and only found out hotels in this zone for your specific dates were sold out already

2. You can get the absolute lowest winning bid price. Meaning you won't waste even a penny on bidding your hotel. Other sites only give you other users report and can't provide you this.

3 extra points have been deposited in your account.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:21 am
Suspended

Might I suggest that the city list be organized alphabetically by state and/or country, and alphabetically within states - not the complete random mishmash it is presently?

BTW, I used your site for my Palm Desert trip, but I got info I chose not to bid with, because of the prevalence of resort fees in the area, as well as the fact that I am traveling with my mother (treating her to a belated Mother's Day mini vacay), and I was able to direct book a 2-room suite at the Westin Desert Willows for less than the cost of 2 Priceline-bid rooms - once resort fees are taken into consideration.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyboy60
Might I suggest that the city list be organized alphabetically by state and/or country, and alphabetically within states - not the complete random mishmash it is presently?

BTW, I used your site for my Palm Desert trip, but I got info I chose not to bid with, because of the prevalence of resort fees in the area, as well as the fact that I am traveling with my mother (treating her to a belated Mother's Day mini vacay), and I was able to direct book a 2-room suite at the Westin Desert Willows for less than the cost of 2 Priceline-bid rooms - once resort fees are taken into consideration.
We ae currently working on the proposal you just mentioned. And thank you for the feedbacks. I hope you find the info we provided useful.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:56 pm

New User

Hallo Coolwulf, just created an account. My ID: 8811445
I frequently bid for Hotels in Madrid, Munich and Vienna could you add this cities to your list?
Thx
Old May 20, 2013, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 8811445
Hallo Coolwulf, just created an account. My ID: 8811445
I frequently bid for Hotels in Madrid, Munich and Vienna could you add this cities to your list?
Thx
3 more points have been added in your account. Enjoy.
Old May 20, 2013, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

The website has been updated to accomodate state/region sorted interface.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:13 pm

My username is robertwcook16 on your site also, if you could give the extra 3 points. Thanks.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robertwcook16
My username is robertwcook16 on your site also, if you could give the extra 3 points. Thanks.
3 extra points have been added into your account. Enjoy.
Old May 21, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: Skymiles, Mabuhay Miles, Le Club PM
Cool Trying out your site

Hi would love to receive 3 extra points. Just registered today with thaboss187 username. Thanks! Cheers!
Old May 21, 2013, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raman
Hi would love to receive 3 extra points. Just registered today with thaboss187 username. Thanks! Cheers!
3 points have been added.

To all: We just updated the website to include cities in US as comprehensive as we can. If you find the one you are interested is not in our database. Please reply here to let me know. Then we will add it for you.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Here are some latest updates:

+ We added more european cities and mexican cities
+ We will refund the point if your request turns out to be sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.