Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline bidding price finder [BidPriceCheck]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline bidding price finder [BidPriceCheck]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:13 pm
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bfpri
Works like a charm. Minimum bid was supposedly $124. I bid $120 to test it, didn't accept it. I then bid $124 and it was accepted. Not sure how they automate it, but it works! ^
Thank you for your feedback!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:37 am

may I have the invitation code, please
markustoe

thank's in advance
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
coolwulf,

What is the logistics behind the website? It seems as if the website is designed to cut into Priceline's bottom line, which begs the question of when the website reaches a critical mass (enough users to gain attention), is Priceline going to take action?

I have been a long time user of Priceline and also a long time lurker of this forum. Curious on if it's feasible for this website to last. If it can, I would like a invite as well. Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Firebreaker7-

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:48 pm

Can I have the invitation code please? Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:58 pm

talkingdog-

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:46 pm

I'm definitely interested in an invitation code. Sounds like a great service!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:45 pm

Just tried with Washington DC hotel in late Aug. Didn't work well. It suggested the lowest bid should be around $107. However the express price is already lower than that. So based on the express price tag:102, I bid it for $90 they didn't accept. I cleaned my cookie and tried again with $99. They accepted it.
BTW: I paid $5.99 for BPC service to get three points. Each point can give you one inquiry.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by talkingdog
Just tried with Washington DC hotel in late Aug. Didn't work well. It suggested the lowest bid should be around $107. However the express price is already lower than that. So based on the express price tag:102, I bid it for $90 they didn't accept. I cleaned my cookie and tried again with $99. They accepted it.
BTW: I paid $5.99 for BPC service to get three points. Each point can give you one inquiry.
We are very sorry for this inconvenience. It seems that what happened is one of (possible high grade) hotel was sold out before you actually bid yours. This is a very rare case (Considering your travel dates are in Aug, any particular meeting/events going on that time?). And I just double checked the same request and found out for the same request, the minimum bidding price right now is actually $79. Anyway, we have refund all your cost.

Thank you for using BidPriceCheck.com service! Based on our analysis, your requested city Washington,DC and Zone 5 with 4 star hotel at Check In date 8/14 and Check Out date 8/16, the minimum winning Bidding Price is $79!

If you are satisfied with the price, please bid as soon as possible since this minimum price might change as the inventory of bidding hotels changes.

After you successfully bid your hotel, please report your bid hotel here, or reply this email with the hotel name, this will greatly help our users in the future.

The amenity of this hotel should include :

Fitness Center
Business Center
guest review score 8.0 or higher
We have users reported possible hotels for requested zone and star listed below:

Washington Marriott At Metro Center
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
The Liaison Capitol Hill An Affinia Hotel
Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. On Capitol Hill
Grand Hyatt Washington
The George, A Kimpton Hotel
Monaco Washington DC, A Kimpton Hotel
Currently the hotel list is limited. We don't guarantee you will get above hotels.

Last edited by coolwulf; Jun 25, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:16 am

It sounds very convenient, I also would like to have a try, could you please send me an invitation? Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Awesome service ^
Can I have a invitation code? Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:15 am

frandblinkc-

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:20 pm

I just created my account (username: frandblinkc) and checked the price for :

Savannah, GA Sun., Aug 3 - Fri., Aug 8
Zone 1
3.5 star

It cost me 1 point and there was a hint "Please check your email later", but I didn't get the email.

I checked my account, it seems that your website automatically replace my "email" with my account name, even thougth I tried updating several times.

Could you please have a look to see if that is a bug or something?

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frandblinkc
I just created my account (username: frandblinkc) and checked the price for :

Savannah, GA Sun., Aug 3 - Fri., Aug 8
Zone 1
3.5 star

It cost me 1 point and there was a hint "Please check your email later", but I didn't get the email.

I checked my account, it seems that your website automatically replace my "email" with my account name, even thougth I tried updating several times.

Could you please have a look to see if that is a bug or something?

Thanks!
We have sent you the respond email around 3 minutes after you posted your reply. (It usually take about 5 to 10 minutes to get the responded email).

Thank you for using BidPriceCheck.com service! Based on our analysis, your requested city Savannah,GA and Zone 1 with 3.5 star hotel at Check In date 8/3 and Check Out date 8/8, the minimum winning Bidding Price is $98!

If you are satisfied with the price, please bid as soon as possible since this minimum price might change as the inventory of bidding hotels changes.

After you successfully bid your hotel, please report your bid hotel here, or reply this email with the hotel name, this will greatly help our users in the future.

The amenity of this hotel should include :

guest review score 7.0 or higher
We have users reported possible hotels for requested zone and star listed below:

Hilton Savannah Desoto
Hyatt Regency Savannah
Marriott Savannah Riverfront
Planters Inn
Currently the hotel list is limited. We don't guarantee you will get above hotels.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:50 pm

Thanks! Yeah I got this email around 15 mins after I submitted the request.

The price your website suggested was $98, so I bid at $99 and it worked!

Hilton Savannah Desoto 3.5 stars 08/03-08/08/2014
15 East Liberty Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401

It works great! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.