Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with olotels.com?

Anyone have experience with olotels.com?

Old Dec 19, 12, 11:08 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: Delta, AA, United, Marriott
Posts: 396
Anyone have experience with olotels.com?

Just curious if anyone has an experience positive or negative booking a hotel though this website. They are quoting a price on a hotel I am interested in at a rate at least 20% lower than anywhere else I have found...almost too good to be true territory.
Clay_C. is offline  
Old Dec 20, 12, 9:53 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New England
Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by Clay_C. View Post
Just curious if anyone has an experience positive or negative booking a hotel though this website. They are quoting a price on a hotel I am interested in at a rate at least 20% lower than anywhere else I have found...almost too good to be true territory.
I booked with them last week for London and had no issues. I believe they issued a travel voucher, which I just kept it on my email and confirmed the reservation with the hotel approximately 48 hours before checking-in. The price was almost 50% less than the lowest rate quotes, but it was a smokng room, so make sure you list what you need in the customer requests. I think the VAT and other fees were inclusive in the price, but you should double check to confirm.
cacic is offline  
Old Dec 20, 12, 2:05 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: Delta, AA, United, Marriott
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by cacic View Post
I booked with them last week for London and had no issues. I believe they issued a travel voucher, which I just kept it on my email and confirmed the reservation with the hotel approximately 48 hours before checking-in. The price was almost 50% less than the lowest rate quotes, but it was a smokng room, so make sure you list what you need in the customer requests. I think the VAT and other fees were inclusive in the price, but you should double check to confirm.

Thanks for the response! Is it a case where I will be charged at the time of booking? Did you get a clear idea of a cancelation policy (or lack thereof)?
Clay_C. is offline  
Old Dec 24, 12, 10:47 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 157
Do some googling.

You will see one thread after another of complaints. Plus many threads or posts where good service was gotten.

YMMV

Most of the complaints were of two kinds.

Reservations changed after being paid for but before the trip started.

People showing up at a hotel for a pre paid stay and finding out they have no reservations at the hotel.

I assume based on the vast number of posts both views have merit. You can save a bundle. You can have a nightmare of a trip.

It may work out for you. It may not work out for you.
3recondoc is offline  
Old Dec 26, 12, 9:14 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: Delta, AA, United, Marriott
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by 3recondoc View Post
Do some googling.

You will see one thread after another of complaints. Plus many threads or posts where good service was gotten.

YMMV

Most of the complaints were of two kinds.

Reservations changed after being paid for but before the trip started.

People showing up at a hotel for a pre paid stay and finding out they have no reservations at the hotel.

I assume based on the vast number of posts both views have merit. You can save a bundle. You can have a nightmare of a trip.

It may work out for you. It may not work out for you.

I saw the same complaints and got spooked...was interested to hear if the seasoned travelers around here had experience.
Clay_C. is offline  
Old Dec 27, 12, 4:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 343
i have booked on several occasions with them as i was not sure that brg would fetch.

just like any other ota not having direct inventory, they source through several wholesalers and the hotel will not know how you made your booking, only that they will receive payment from that wholesaler.
nvoi is offline  
Old May 5, 13, 7:27 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Olotel review

Recently used Olotel to book rooms in Bali. Got two rooms for the price of one and had no problems at all. Would definitely use them again
ecjl63 is offline  
Old May 6, 13, 6:44 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 223
Used them once, in February 2013. No problem at all.
rmbl is offline  
Old Nov 21, 13, 12:29 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 330
Just thought I'd add a recent data point - I recently made a booking with Olotels for the Frankfurt Intercontinental (w/breakfast). Emailed the hotel shortly after to confirm. Hotel said no reservation so I emailed Olotels. They said they normally don't send the hotel reservations until 2-3 days prior, but they would contact the hotel immediately to confirm. A couple of days later, Olotels emailed me to say the room was confirmed. I emailed the hotel again and they confirmed fully paid room with breakfast. All in all, good, responsive service from Olotels (and a great deal).
54austin is offline  
Old Jan 28, 14, 4:34 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MUC
Programs: LH FTL, UA Premier, AF Gold
Posts: 471
Sharing my experience:
I have booked rooms in the US (usually one-night stays, all across the country) on several occasions now. While the vouchers look like a drunk 4 year old drew them by foot, every single instance has worked perfectly fine from booking throughout completion of the stay.

I never had to make any changes though. Nonetheless: Flawless performance for an average savings of more than 40% per room and night.

In summary, I would book simple and straight forward stays with them any day again. Just for complicated things like group bookings or bundles with airfares etc. I would probably go for one of the more established ones...
TT-Jones is offline  
Old May 14, 14, 7:22 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 27,718
i've been unable to search availability on olotels for a few weeks now....every search comes back with no results....is anyone else facing this problem????
Keyser is offline  
Old May 14, 14, 10:41 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,353
I also found the best deal for a hotel was at olotels.com on January 2014 for an April 2014 stay. Booked it and did not have any problems.

They did however assess a "Bank card fee" which amounted to 4% for using a credit card.
boboqui is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: