Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with olotels.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.

Just curious if anyone has an experience positive or negative booking a hotel though this website. They are quoting a price on a hotel I am interested in at a rate at least 20% lower than anywhere else I have found...almost too good to be true territory.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Clay_C.
Just curious if anyone has an experience positive or negative booking a hotel though this website. They are quoting a price on a hotel I am interested in at a rate at least 20% lower than anywhere else I have found...almost too good to be true territory.
I booked with them last week for London and had no issues. I believe they issued a travel voucher, which I just kept it on my email and confirmed the reservation with the hotel approximately 48 hours before checking-in. The price was almost 50% less than the lowest rate quotes, but it was a smokng room, so make sure you list what you need in the customer requests. I think the VAT and other fees were inclusive in the price, but you should double check to confirm.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cacic
I booked with them last week for London and had no issues. I believe they issued a travel voucher, which I just kept it on my email and confirmed the reservation with the hotel approximately 48 hours before checking-in. The price was almost 50% less than the lowest rate quotes, but it was a smokng room, so make sure you list what you need in the customer requests. I think the VAT and other fees were inclusive in the price, but you should double check to confirm.

Thanks for the response! Is it a case where I will be charged at the time of booking? Did you get a clear idea of a cancelation policy (or lack thereof)?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:47 am

Do some googling.

You will see one thread after another of complaints. Plus many threads or posts where good service was gotten.

YMMV

Most of the complaints were of two kinds.

Reservations changed after being paid for but before the trip started.

People showing up at a hotel for a pre paid stay and finding out they have no reservations at the hotel.

I assume based on the vast number of posts both views have merit. You can save a bundle. You can have a nightmare of a trip.

It may work out for you. It may not work out for you.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3recondoc
Do some googling.

You will see one thread after another of complaints. Plus many threads or posts where good service was gotten.

YMMV

Most of the complaints were of two kinds.

Reservations changed after being paid for but before the trip started.

People showing up at a hotel for a pre paid stay and finding out they have no reservations at the hotel.

I assume based on the vast number of posts both views have merit. You can save a bundle. You can have a nightmare of a trip.

It may work out for you. It may not work out for you.

I saw the same complaints and got spooked...was interested to hear if the seasoned travelers around here had experience.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:50 am

i have booked on several occasions with them as i was not sure that brg would fetch.

just like any other ota not having direct inventory, they source through several wholesalers and the hotel will not know how you made your booking, only that they will receive payment from that wholesaler.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:27 pm

Olotel review

Recently used Olotel to book rooms in Bali. Got two rooms for the price of one and had no problems at all. Would definitely use them again
Old May 6, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Used them once, in February 2013. No problem at all.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Just thought I'd add a recent data point - I recently made a booking with Olotels for the Frankfurt Intercontinental (w/breakfast). Emailed the hotel shortly after to confirm. Hotel said no reservation so I emailed Olotels. They said they normally don't send the hotel reservations until 2-3 days prior, but they would contact the hotel immediately to confirm. A couple of days later, Olotels emailed me to say the room was confirmed. I emailed the hotel again and they confirmed fully paid room with breakfast. All in all, good, responsive service from Olotels (and a great deal).
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SQ Gold
Sharing my experience:
I have booked rooms in the US (usually one-night stays, all across the country) on several occasions now. While the vouchers look like a drunk 4 year old drew them by foot, every single instance has worked perfectly fine from booking throughout completion of the stay.

I never had to make any changes though. Nonetheless: Flawless performance for an average savings of more than 40% per room and night.

In summary, I would book simple and straight forward stays with them any day again. Just for complicated things like group bookings or bundles with airfares etc. I would probably go for one of the more established ones...
Old May 14, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've been unable to search availability on olotels for a few weeks now....every search comes back with no results....is anyone else facing this problem????
Old May 14, 2014, 9:41 am

I also found the best deal for a hotel was at olotels.com on January 2014 for an April 2014 stay. Booked it and did not have any problems.

They did however assess a "Bank card fee" which amounted to 4% for using a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.