Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:30 pm
B1

Originally Posted by ihispanic
I appreciate the bonus cash offer, but I find it rude of you to post it to an unrelated thread. Why not start a new thread?

Mike....
I don't think it's rude but it is essentially not helpful because my bid was accepted and then I saw this.
The constructive answer is for the moderator to start a sticky for posting bonuses and only bonuses, not for anti-BFT rants, which seems to be the fate of almost every thread in this neighborhood.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:19 pm

... but what disappoints me is that I get the same search result that USAFAN shows. No $5 discount. I get an offer for $4 off a rental car.

Could it be that the $5 discount has expired? I see now that the $4 car rental discount targeted just me.

Last edited by rmiller774; Feb 19, 2011 at 8:24 pm Reason: ask question
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Bonus cash

Don't worry about being rude with the bonus cash info.. particularly if it's something that our AutoBid feature isn't handling properly. How is it used? Do you need to click on a special link or bid a certain way, or is it automatically applied?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:31 am

Red face

Originally Posted by biddingtraveler
Don't worry about being rude with the bonus cash info.. particularly if it's something that our AutoBid feature isn't handling properly. How is it used? Do you need to click on a special link or bid a certain way, or is it automatically applied?
I have done it before.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...ok-4-16-a.html

When I remember it correct, you have to access the link to get the bonus. When you want to book a hotel and use the bonus click on "my profile" and click on "my rewards". There you click on "Redeem This Coupon Now"

BTW, I agree the bonus posts are OT.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ihispanic
I appreciate the bonus cash offer, but I find it rude of you to post it to an unrelated thread. Why not start a new thread?

Mike....
YOU calling someone else rude? If that is not the pot calling the kettle black!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:32 am

Let's keep the posts on topic and friendly please.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Spex
I've never used Priceline before and want to do a dry run before actually making a booking.

Is it possible to test it without having a successful bid charge on your card?
Sure. This question gets asked a lot of HotelDealsRevealed. If you want to do a dry run, just go through the bid process and bid a price that you are fairly confident won't be accepted, such as $25 for a 4 star hotel. In case you do, by fluke or error, snag a hotel, be sure you book in a location where you can use it, like a weekend get-away or something.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:11 am

I was not able to get this to work. I turned off all my pop up blockers and everything else that could be hindering it but I only get the page that says:
"Before we can show you how smart our service is...
We need to run an ActiveX control which instructs your browser to submit bids to Priceline."

But it doesn't let me run the ActiveX!

Anyone else have this problem?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by catwalk4
I was not able to get this to work. I turned off all my pop up blockers and everything else that could be hindering it but I only get the page that says:
"Before we can show you how smart our service is...
We need to run an ActiveX control which instructs your browser to submit bids to Priceline."

But it doesn't let me run the ActiveX!

Anyone else have this problem?
Internet Explorer should have shown a thin yellowish (?) bar at the top of your webpage showing the option to install the ActiveX control. If it didn't, it may be your IE security settings are set high so it doesn't even offer the option.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Short update.

Sorry, I didn't see the messages about the ActiveX control not loading. I was actually investigating it but didn't come back to report to the board. I believe the reason could be that you are using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, and the AutoBid control was previously only compiled for 32-bit. I've put out both versions so now it shouldn't matter what you use. (Also note that if you use IE 9, the notifications show up on the bottom of the browser instead of the yellowish bar at the top). I also took the opportunity to fix a few AutoBid related bugs.

But, another improvement that a lot of expert bidders were emailing in about was the ability to have very fine-grained increments when doing your own bid. For example, someone complained that they were bidding $80->$90 and we only gave them 2-3 bids when there were clearly dozens they could use. We've made a small tweak so you can get a ton more, if you really are that patient. For more details, check out the short blog post.

Still working on the specific dates that people have asked for and other neat features.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:50 am

Any status on having bidding (with auto bid) stop when a counter offer is received? A counter offer would cause many of us to change our bidding parameters.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:22 am

I've been trying to name my own price on priceline for a week now. They won't accept my offer ugh. I'll check your site out and hopefully will have more luck.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by jojo55
I've been trying to name my own price on priceline for a week now. They won't accept my offer ugh. I'll check your site out and hopefully will have more luck.
For what destination are you bidding? Have you looked on betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com for successful (similar) bids for that destination?

Mike....
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Any site can accept an offer, it knowing when you've got a good offer.

Don't keep you're hopes up on this site!

Originally Posted by jojo55
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by euromannn
Don't keep you're hopes up on this site!
I think several of us get the point that you have a beef with the owner of this site. I think most of us would also appreciate it if you could stop replying to every post here with a slam. It's starting to get really old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.