Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:19 am

I second the comment above. I have tried it once already for 2 rooms for 7 nights, but I really want to see the DATES of accepted and rejected bids not just "weekend" or "weekday" Also your dates are the dates the bidding took place and not the dates of stay. If somone has an accepted bid for the exact same dates as I plan on bidding for there is a much better chance that I will get the exact same hotel. I have nearly always waited until I see a win for my exact dates that I like, then I bid exact same thing and I usually get it too. Please add this feature and your tool will be so much more useful. As it stands not I still have to do the research on all the other sites, and your goal should be to drive people to YOUR link and keep them there. Thanks for your hard work on this and your willingness to listen and adjust.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by biddingtraveler
So just know that every complaint from the grumpy veterans here eventually goes into the work queue.
"Grumpy Veterans" after BFT asks for FT's help!

I find this BFT's biggest problem: COMMUNICATION

When a issue is posted it is selectively responded too and supposedly entered into a que. I know companies that fool employees by saying "That's a good idea and will review it." Years go by with no review nor was there an attempt to review. Employees just forget about their feedback and the product is not improved.

Thus it gets boring and frustrating freely beta testing for BFT if the communication feedback on what will be resolved is selective.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:08 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by cwuer
I second the comment above. I have tried it once already for 2 rooms for 7 nights, but I really want to see the DATES of accepted and rejected bids not just "weekend" or "weekday" Also your dates are the dates the bidding took place and not the dates of stay. If somone has an accepted bid for the exact same dates as I plan on bidding for there is a much better chance that I will get the exact same hotel. I have nearly always waited until I see a win for my exact dates that I like, then I bid exact same thing and I usually get it too. Please add this feature and your tool will be so much more useful. As it stands not I still have to do the research on all the other sites, and your goal should be to drive people to YOUR link and keep them there. Thanks for your hard work on this and your willingness to listen and adjust.
+1

QL
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Thanks for creating and sharing this tool. As much as I love the thrill of winning a Priceline deal, the amount of time I spend researching and bidding often makes me wonder if it is worth it. Any tool that can still deliver a deal while reducing the time invested has a promising future.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:10 pm

I tried your site to get me a hotelroom in Amsterdam. This is a tough place to bid because you have no rebid zones. I did not win but i found the information you provided of great value. One thing i'm missing is some information about the period that people placed their bid for. Just the month or how many days in advance would be valuable information. For some cities you can place your bids months and other cities just weeks in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:40 pm

Traveltravel,
If you truly had done more research you probably would have found winning bids below what BFT provides.

Post the specific date and I will try and resech it as BFT OP rarely communicates with FT for product deficiencies..

Originally Posted by traveltravel
Thanks for creating and sharing this tool. As much as I love the thrill of winning a Priceline deal, the amount of time I spend researching and bidding often makes me wonder if it is worth it. Any tool that can still deliver a deal while reducing the time invested has a promising future.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:56 am

Site not reflecting most recent bids

I used this tool again the other day for London Westminister and upped my bid to $155 and was rejected. However, the recommendations and states did not change and it still shows $145 as the top rejected bid (which was my previous rejected bid a few days earlier) It has been about 5 days now so I don't know why the site is not updated. Also while my initial impression for this tool was positive, the more I think about it, the more I realize it is much less useful than betterbidding since it does not give the actual dates of rejected and accepted bids. So what if someone had a successful bid for a property on Jan 10th for $150, their dates could be for the next week or 6 months down the line That information only lets me know at some point during this year, someone got this property for this price. I am sorry but I will not be using this link unless he makes this tool more informative than his competition. Great idea.......... with so much potential..... but sadly falls short of delivering.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:44 am

BT OP has elected to ignore serious algorithm deficiencies in this product.
1. Failure to identify specific dates on winning/rejected bids.
2. Failure to correlate those dates to the entry stay days.
3. Failure to set the lowest bid with the lowest winning bid.

BT initially was off to a good start with a nice user interface but it's obvious the company lacks the technical expertise to not only thoroughly beta test a product by ensure algorithms work efficiently.

As bad and hostile a web site like BFT is I can get more accurate information than using this tool.

Sad, the OP has gone into seclusion while bidding problems remaion with this tool.

I used this tool again the other day for London Westminister and upped my bid to $155 and was rejected. However, the recommendations and states did not change and it still shows $145 as the top rejected bid (which was my previous rejected bid a few days earlier) It has been about 5 days now so I don't know why the site is not updated. Also while my initial impression for this tool was positive, the more I think about it, the more I realize it is much less useful than betterbidding since it does not give the actual dates of rejected and accepted bids. So what if someone had a successful bid for a property on Jan 10th for $150, their dates could be for the next week or 6 months down the line That information only lets me know at some point during this year, someone got this property for this price. I am sorry but I will not be using this link unless he makes this tool more informative than his competition. Great idea.......... with so much potential..... but sadly falls short of delivering.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by euromannn
As bad and hostile a web site like BFT is I can get more accurate information than using this tool.
I think we get that you don't like this site.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by lougord99
I think we get that you don't like this site.
^^
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:43 pm

priceline bonus money

anyone bidding in the next couple of days can grab some easy bonus money here. http://omsstour.blogspot.com/2011/02...exclusive.html
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Dates

Listen, we hear you loud and clear on the dates.

I realize that this will probably sound like an excuse, but often what seem like small innocuous changes to a site can take some time to implement because of the impact the changes have on other parts of the site. We also have some other features in development and getting everything to play nice together is just something that can't happen overnight.

In the meantime, just realize that what you're seeing is generally sorted to present the most relevant bid information first (relevant is defined as first matching the weekend/weekday status, followed by how recently the bid was done). Yes, this imperfect and does not take into account seasonality, or advance purchase. This should give you an idea as to why we want to make sure we do everything right instead of rushing out something to make it appear like we "respond quickly."

Thanks for your support of the site and the feedback. It's hard to act on it immediately, but it's always read and considered!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:31 pm

anyone bidding in the next couple of days can grab some easy bonus money here. http://omsstour.blogspot.com/2011/02...exclusive.html
Nice post. This is another feature needed that BONUS are being offered a link to enable the price reduction further.

Here’s a little extra negotiating leverage. Just Name Your Own Price® in your favorite city and we’ll add $5 a night to your offer (up to $25)…that’s on top of our normal savings of up to 60% Off. It’s like playing with house money. Hurry, this offer ends soon. See below for more details.
Sale Discount: $5/night up to $25
Good for: Any city, any star level
Sale ends: Monday, Feb 14, 11:59 ET
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:53 pm

I get this:
Hmmmm. Something's not right...
I was hoping to show you a Bonus Cash coupon right about now.
But, it looks like you already claimed this Bonus Cash
. If you have not yet redeemed it, you can sign into my profile to view and redeem your available Bonus Cash coupons.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: None
I appreciate the bonus cash offer, but I find it rude of you to post it to an unrelated thread. Why not start a new thread?

Mike....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.