Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:36 pm

Just used it fri morning. 3.5* hotel downtown toronto. I set low bid at $55 and high bid at $82, and got delta chelsea at $79 for oct 12th weekend..From the info I saw priceline express deal price $100..but their price if you want to know your hotel ahead of time was $211, and almost every other travel site had it for $202..delta's own site had it for $229.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Feedback sought for recent changes

Greetings, Flyertalkers! Hope you had a good Labo(u)r Day for those of you in North America. It's been a while since I originally posted this thread and since then you've helped us become the number one third-party Priceline bidding site out there!!

The site's undergone some massive upgrades since I was last here so I thought I would check back to get some feedback since that worked out so well last time.

If you haven't heard of the site, check the beginning of the thread.. I won't repeat any old stuff here. But I did want to get the word out on some newer stuff:

- True all-in-one shopping experience.. meaning Priceline, Hotwire, and Retail pricing for your travel dates is merged and compared in one shot
- Live, realtime prediction of Hotwire hotrates
- Support for fully automated, mathematically optimal Priceline rebidding on all major browsers

Check it out, and post your feedback here.. the feedback was very encouraging and insightful last time, so I'm hoping for the same this time.

The Bidding Traveler

Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by biddingtraveler
- True all-in-one shopping experience.. meaning Priceline, Hotwire, and Retail pricing for your travel dates is merged and compared in one shot
- Live, realtime prediction of Hotwire hotrates
- Support for fully automated, mathematically optimal Priceline rebidding on all major browsers
It looks great! I'd still like to see more support for international cities. It isn't even possible to report winning purchases for cities not listed.?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks for the update! Glad to see you back. I've still been using your service whenever I've needed to book a PL hotel.

I'm on the world's suckiest Internet connection in Montevideo right now, but hopefully I can check out and make use of the site sometime soon!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:40 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I love the B.S. category .... nice to see the "resort" fees detailed like that!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: None
Good to see you alive and well. I got a comment earlier this year that the site had become defunct. I suggest you put something on the home page that makes it clear that someone is still tending to it. I see that your blog hasn't been updated for a couple years, too.

Mike...
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ihispanic
Good to see you alive and well. I got a comment earlier this year that the site had become defunct. I suggest you put something on the home page that makes it clear that someone is still tending to it. I see that your blog hasn't been updated for a couple years, too.

Mike...
Thanks for the comment. The blog thing is an interesting conundrum. We actually turned it off (not linked) because it was just hard finding interesting content to put up. If you think about it, there are just some people out there who are really good at content and stories (MillionMileSecrets, PointsGuy, etc), ours is more a tech focus. I mean you do a pretty good Priceline blog yourself, don't you? Personally I'd rather just focus on making new features, because that's where our strength is. There's just that problem of people thinking that there's no one tending to the site just because there's no blog.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: None
The post you made here the other day announcing the changes you made to the site - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21379916-post197.html - you could easily turn this into a blog post. Or forget the blog and just embed a (your) Twitter feed that you post to once every few weeks. Or put up links to all of the sites that have written about you. Or testimonials from happy users/customers. (This thread has several, I believe.) Just some sort of social proof that makes it easier for people to trust you. To know that the site has living, breathing human beings caring for it.

> I mean you do a pretty good Priceline blog yourself, don't you?
Yes, I've written several posts about how to use Priceline. Thanks for remembering.

Mike....
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:30 pm

biddingtraveler.com seems to be down today. Is this just a temporary thing or is it gone for good?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kcmover
biddingtraveler.com seems to be down today. Is this just a temporary thing or is it gone for good?
The hotels I've been looking up on biddingtraveler.com has become dated lately with no recent success. I was wondering if the website is becoming irrelevant. Just find it strange that there is limited success posted, but I guess it depends who reports the success or not.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
It's been a while since anyone posted, so just let me say this the site works, if you use priceline for BIDDING then use it. I've been using it for a couple of years now. Nothing to update, not everyone has the time to come back posting that it works lol there's no argument it works by making priceline easy to use that is all. If Priceline is being rubbish this site is not gonna help it just maximises your bids.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by jdaniel
It's been a while since anyone posted, so just let me say this the site works, if you use priceline for BIDDING then use it. I've been using it for a couple of years now. Nothing to update, not everyone has the time to come back posting that it works lol there's no argument it works by making priceline easy to use that is all. If Priceline is being rubbish this site is not gonna help it just maximises your bids.
I couldn't agree more, this site is good. I recommend it to all my friends. But like you said if Priceline is being rubbish, this site is not going to help any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.