Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by davidgmg
I hate to even mention Sheryls site so any option would be great.
I much prefer BetterBidding. Friendlier forum.

Its too bad you can't capture the 'winning' bids automatically as your still dependent on us reporting the win to help others.
If you use the automatic bidding service, it captures the win data automatically. I've found the automatic bidding function enough of a timesaver that I've started using it exclusively, although I wish it would be perfected to work with counteroffers.

Still trying to figure out how it helps make you $$
He probably gets the same Priceline affiliate spiff that Sheryl so desperately craves...
Old May 24, 2011, 8:17 am

DON'T BLINDLY ACCEPT SUGGESTED starting bids.

Vegas the suggested starting bid for my dates is $98 yet the site is reporting recent winning bids of $80, $84 and $89. Other internet sites are reporting lower winning bids.

Bidders looking for a 5* property in Vegas have dozens of free rebids. Starting bid should be no higher then $80, probably lower.

I don't think people using autobid have to remember to use his link. I suspect it's automatic.

PL now lets you log in and list a city, * level and price. PL sends you an email when a bidder won a hotel in that zone at or below the price you request. You know the winning bid. You don't know the hotel or dates.

I received an email informing me of a $75 winning bid. The $98 starting bid suggested is much too high.

Last edited by lewisc; May 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm
Old May 26, 2011, 7:01 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by QuietLion
There's a small but significant error in the text of the web site. Instead of "You should select the highest star rating you want" it should say "Select the lowest star rating you are willing to accept."
Agree? Disagree? Going to fix it? It annoys my OCD.

QL
Old May 27, 2011, 4:10 am

QL
Your question was already addressed.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16380476-post163.html

Your OCD is going to have to live with the wording.
Old May 27, 2011, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting discovery from a recent win--

BT thinks the Hotel George is in White House-Downtown, and on the map, it shows it in the very upper right corner of the WH-DT zone (between Logan Circle and Dupont Circle), when it's really a block southwest of Union Station in the Convention Center-Capitol Hill zone (half a block from the Liaison).
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

QL
Thought I replied to that here?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
Interesting discovery from a recent win--

BT thinks the Hotel George is in White House-Downtown, and on the map, it shows it in the very upper right corner of the WH-DT zone (between Logan Circle and Dupont Circle), when it's really a block southwest of Union Station in the Convention Center-Capitol Hill zone (half a block from the Liaison).
Hey, thanks a TON for reporting this. I found an insidious bug in our geocoder as a result, and fixed it. We really appreciate all of the little nitpicks here and there, investigating them often yields good results.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biddingtraveler
Hey, thanks a TON for reporting this. I found an insidious bug in our geocoder as a result, and fixed it. We really appreciate all of the little nitpicks here and there, investigating them often yields good results.
Glad to help...and happy to continue using BT!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:46 am

I had a bonus credit available. It was in my account. Log in. Click the offer and indicate I want to use it.

I wasn't sure if the auto bid program would know enough to ask me if I want to use the bonus so I bid manually. I suspect most people would use the bonus. I guess a person who was bidding on a 1 or 2 night stay and knew they'd be bidding on a 4 night (or longer) stay during the period the bonus is valid might not want to use it.

When reporting my winning bid I added the $5 bonus to my winning bid. You might want to change the verbiage to make it suggest bidders using a bonus add the $5 to their bid.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lewisc
I had a bonus credit available. It was in my account. Log in. Click the offer and indicate I want to use it.

I wasn't sure if the auto bid program would know enough to ask me if I want to use the bonus so I bid manually. I suspect most people would use the bonus. I guess a person who was bidding on a 1 or 2 night stay and knew they'd be bidding on a 4 night (or longer) stay during the period the bonus is valid might not want to use it.

When reporting my winning bid I added the $5 bonus to my winning bid. You might want to change the verbiage to make it suggest bidders using a bonus add the $5 to their bid.
AutoBid doesn't support bonus cash, at least not yet. It'll probably get added at some point, but right now we're definitely heads down working on something better!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
This is a great website. I used it a few days ago to get a London hotel room. Step by step, clear directions and very helpful. The more people use it, the better (more datapoints - and thus more helpful). Kudos to biddingtraveler, many thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:18 am

Wow very cool site! Sure beats the other forum-based sites, IMO.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just looked at this site as well. Very nice, may try it for a PHL reservation in August..
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I was bidding for a hotel in SCE. My range was $40-50 and the site told me every bid would increase by $50.

However, a bid for $47 was made and then the below message came up:
Priceline counteroffered you at $47 per night, slightly higher than your final offer of $50 per night
Seems like something is wrong with the text.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I was bidding for a hotel in SCE. My range was $40-50 and the site told me every bid would increase by $50.

However, a bid for $47 was made and then the below message came up:
Priceline counteroffered you at $47 per night, slightly higher than your final offer of $50 per night
Seems like something is wrong with the text.
I went to pl.com and saw that I had received a counteroffer (47) on the $40 bid. The bid was then increased to $45 I believe. This was accepted but my card had insufficient funds so pl asked for another card, however biddingtravel interpreted this as a failed bid and raised to next level. So card errors really need to be reported correctly on the site. Are you able to fix this?

Keep up the good work and thanks for the site!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.