Wiki Posts
Search

New oneworld itinerary validator

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:19 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by piperlance
Could you check the coordinates for Manila, Philippines? I get 3331 miles from the validator and 3895 from the QF website.
Thanks - this should be fixed now (in the beta version), please check & advise.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:26 am
SLF

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Actually all Lan Argentina flights are missing not just IGR.. my old PDF scanner used to ignore XL/4M flights since they weren't valid. I'll update this.
Thanks hauteboy^ Now loaded into place.

I've moved the beta version into the main folder now. If for some reason you need 0.95010, it is accessible through the "other versions" link.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:17 pm
SLF

0.95012 is in the beta area

Beta version

Due to a challenge ... there is now a new beta version. Comments / testing welcome
  • Added rule; if two entries to Asia or N.America occur, check that one is a transit (no intra-continent sectors)
  • When using "link to" function; perform "submit" automatically so that map & validation is done at time of page load
  • For point-point checks, permit more flexible entry (like OWE section) - i.e. whitespace, "//", -xAAA etc.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
{sorry - read the thread in the wrong order - moved to discussion in other thread}
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SLF
...[*]Added rule; if two entries to Asia or N.America occur, check that one is a transit (no intra-continent sectors)...
This restriction is too strict. AA will allow a transit of more than one stop. Likewise, a transit involving more than one stop in Asia is equally possible.

If the airlines consider it ok, why should we insist it is not?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:24 pm
SLF

Originally Posted by Viajero
This restriction is too strict. AA will allow a transit of more than one stop. Likewise, a transit involving more than one stop in Asia is equally possible.

If the airlines consider it ok, why should we insist it is not?
Per the other thread ( ), I changed this to a warning only...so now it flags it as a possible problem, but continues validating and will produce a "valid" itinerary. I'm open to removing the check entirely, if that is the consensus...thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Another issue; mel-akl-lax-jfk-lhr-hkg-mel-per-mel validates as OK.

Since AUG '05 MEL-PER can now only be done once - it is now included in the Oz Transcon limitation:

i.e. PER-MEL/SYD/BNE-CNS.

Specifically:
Code:
J/WITHIN AUSTRALIA 

ONLY ONE NONSTOP/SINGLE PLANE SERVICE FLIGHT
IS PERMITTED BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING POINTS -

BNE/CNS/SYD/MEL - PER 
 MEL/SYD - DRW 
 MEL/SYD - BME 

EXCEPTION - 
1. NO RESTRICTION BETWEEN SYD/MEL-PER FOR 
PASSENGERS ORIGINATING IN PER WHEN IN CONJUNCTION 
WITH TRAVEL TO/FROM JNB/BOM/SHA/PEK. 

2. NO RESTRICTION BETWEEN SYD/MEL-PER FOR 
PASSENGERS ORIGINATING IN NEW ZEALAND WHEN 
IN CONJUNCTION WITH TRAVEL TO/FROM JNB.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:43 am
SLF

Originally Posted by serfty
Another issue; mel-akl-lax-jfk-lhr-hkg-mel-per-mel validates as OK.
Thanks - that was originally fixed (along with the BME-SYD/MEL and DRW-SYD/MEL restrictions) in 0.95008, but got lost in the major change to 0.95009.

Now working (or not ) again: http://slfft.allhyper.com/beta/award...KG-MEL-PER-MEL

Also, if it doesn't have a flight in it's database, instead of terminating the check it will now just highlight that segment as a problem, and carry on (so it's assuming it's database is wrong). Example: http://slfft.allhyper.com/beta/award...AX-HKG-LHR-MIA
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Whenever the validator returns a warning (such as using MIA-ANC) the nifty chart at the bottom of the page with a segment/distance/points/class summary doesn't display.

Last edited by vxmike; Apr 16, 2007 at 11:56 pm
Old Apr 17, 2007, 1:56 am
SLF

Originally Posted by vxmike
Whenever the validator returns a warning (such as using MIA-ANC) the nifty chart at the bottom of the page with a segment/distance/points/class summary doesn't display.
Fixed, thanks. I also added MIA-ANC. Be sure to force a reload of everything (shift-reload on Firefox) to ensure you get the new versions. Changes are still in the beta version only.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Guam is coming up with continent of SWP in the validator. According to IATA, Guam is in Asia.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:30 am
SLF

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Guam is coming up with continent of SWP in the validator. According to IATA, Guam is in Asia.
Thanks. I'm not sure what is wrong. AFAICT GUM is served by OW only from NRT & KIX. When I use the official ow planner for something like LHR-NRT-GUM-NRT-LAX-LHR, it gives me a Region (Asia) has been re-entered warning for GUM-NRT. Both it and MileageMonkey are OK for a route such as LHR-NRT-GUM,SYD-LAX-LHR. The official OW planner is OK with GUM,SYD but disallows GUM,NRT due to not being in the same region.

My guess (subject to being advised otherwise ) is that OW treats GUM as being in SWP, regardless of where IATA thinks it is
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by SLF
My guess (subject to being advised otherwise ) is that OW treats GUM as being in SWP, regardless of where IATA thinks it is
Dang - it is north of the equator! Has anyone tried or managed to include GUM on a xONEx?

If it really is SWP then that forces a surface segment (like PPT)
Old Jun 21, 2007, 8:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Is it possible for the validator to allow for purchased extra segments?
Old Jun 30, 2007, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rules have changed

The rules have changed (for the worse). The Explorer rule sheet (file 3015owrulev38_pm mark ups.pdf) on the OneWorld site was updated 30 Jun 06.

From 3015owrulev38 “A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 20 segments, including surface segments, are permitted for the entire journey.”

The including surface segments is new

A thread about this change is here

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 30, 2007 at 7:57 am Reason: thread link added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.