Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New oneworld itinerary validator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
So I'm curious what hacks people are using to plan RTW trips. I have 2 ex-NRT that I have segments left on, but hard to know what will be open this fall. OZ? NZ? Asia? The OW online planner is basically useless. I've been resorting to checking segments on ITA.
I concur with you that it is hard to know what will be open this fall. I have some remaining segments on an ex-OSL DONE4. I have to fly it all before Dec 31, 2021 (AA extended it). So far, due to the pandemic restrictions on many fronts, I kept on postponing it (once being cancelled/changed by MH). Before I call the AA RTW desk, I check for availability on EF. EF is my only source.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I'm in exactly the same situation. I've postponed travel until November, but who knows what the situation will be then.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:27 pm

How is everyone doing? My 2 "in progress" RTW's ex-NRT are extended until 3/31/2022. I'm anxious to travel & have been playing around with routing. I would like to do SYD, but not sure when opening for vaccinated tourists. My westbound I would love to do MIA-DFW-HNL-SYD, my eastbound I would love to do LHR-(DRW)-SYD on QF.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As Milleagemonkey (New oneworld itinerary validator) is dead- no longer updated may be better if this thread is locked closed

No date has been given when AU (or if effect NSW & VIC) will open to general travel. The other states will lag NSW & VIC in opening. My guess is NSW & VIC will open in Jan 2022.
Have not seen any mention of HNL-SYD by QF.
Keep looking on the QF web site. https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/
https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...to-1-november/
https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...-to-the-world/
https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...tional-travel/

And SYD is not the only large international airport in Australia (MEL). But Air Sydney may not be aware of that

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 5, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
How is everyone doing? My 2 "in progress" RTW's ex-NRT are extended until 3/31/2022. I'm anxious to travel & have been playing around with routing. I would like to do SYD, but not sure when opening for vaccinated tourists. My westbound I would love to do MIA-DFW-HNL-SYD, my eastbound I would love to do LHR-(DRW)-SYD on QF.
Well, still NO flying for me (just can't due to COVID restrictions at various destinations/transits: Japan, India, Malaysia for starter).
Any comment on how AA picked 3/31/2022 as your end date for your itineraries? They told my last date to fly is 3/22/2021. Go figure. I had heard (somewhere on FT) the magic date 3/31/2022.

Meanwhile, I had been notified my itinerary had a cancellation (by 1 or more airlines, I guess). I delay in calling AA to make any new changes, in hope that there is no more changes (wishful thinking!) in near future.

It would be nice if others in the same boat can share their experience here!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by allset2travel
It would be nice if others in the same boat can share their experience here!
I called RTW desk and tried to extend mine until fall 2022 and the CSR said they weren't allowed to go past March 31, 2022. This aa.com web page has a date of March 31, 2022 for Covid related Flight Credit and Travel Vouchers and I believe that is where the date comes from.

When I asked the AA RTW desk what I could do, they suggested I contact Customer Relations. So I contacted Customer Relations via aa.com and told them I was doubtful Asia would be open by then and asked for an extension to the fall of 2022. They replied in a few days and notified me that they had extended the expiry date of my RTW ticket to December 31, 2022. To contact Customer Relations via aa.com follow the Contact American link at the bottom of their web page. Good luck.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I called RTW desk and tried to extend mine until fall 2022 and the CSR said they weren't allowed to go past March 31, 2022. This aa.com web page has a date of March 31, 2022 for Covid related Flight Credit and Travel Vouchers and I believe that is where the date comes from.

When I asked the AA RTW desk what I could do, they suggested I contact Customer Relations. So I contacted Customer Relations via aa.com and told them I was doubtful Asia would be open by then and asked for an extension to the fall of 2022. They replied in a few days and notified me that they had extended the expiry date of my RTW ticket to December 31, 2022. To contact Customer Relations via aa.com follow the Contact American link at the bottom of their web page. Good luck.
Thank you for the heads-up!
I will do according to your suggestion.

Edit to ADD:
Return here to ADD this after went online to aa dot com Contact American. All I saw was a bunch of phone #s by languages.
Q: did you call one of those #s (English). I failed to see ways to do it online to Customer Relations? I didn't have enough coffee this morning!

Last edited by allset2travel; Nov 14, 2021 at 1:27 pm Reason: edit to add
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Thank you for the heads-up!
I will do according to your suggestion.

Edit to ADD:
Return here to ADD this after went online to aa dot com Contact American. All I saw was a bunch of phone #s by languages.
Q: did you call one of those #s (English). I failed to see ways to do it online to Customer Relations? I didn't have enough coffee this morning!
  1. Go to the aa dot com web site
  2. Scroll to the very bottom
  3. Click "Contact American"
  4. Scroll to about 2/3 down the page, look for "Share with us"
  5. Look for "Email us" under the icon of an envelope
  6. Click "Contact American" under "Email us"
  7. In the Topic drop-down, select "Customer Relations"
It might work to click this link directly.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
No, I emailed them as implied by "They replied in a few days..." in my previous post. Sorry for not being more explicit about emailing them, but you had more info than what RTW desk provided me: "You may want to Contact Customer Relations".

What Anabolism provided works along with:

8. Subject: Question
9. Reason: Ticket Changes
10. Click Next
11. Complete the info on next page including text of your email
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:33 pm

@ aaupgrade & @ Anabolism,

Thank you both for the help. Email had been sent to AA Customer Relations. Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.